BFR Acquisition and Configuration - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: has stole my knife, my wife and my life!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-03, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

BFR Acquisition and Configuration

http://www.planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=993
Old 2004-09-03, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

stupid BFR's you need CC to use the BFR in any way... i dont have the cash for CC...
Old 2004-09-03, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Thunder_Hawk
Corporal

There will be a huge boost in cave activity, but that will die down in about a month. once people have the BFR, why do into the caves again. there will be more cave fights, but not that much more. for me, a bit more content is needed before i get cc. i doubt i used the weapons or vehicles. as cool as the BFRs may be, i'm questioning weather piloting them is alll its cracked up to be.
Old 2004-09-03, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Core Combat needs some facilities that aren't built into rocks. I think the guys from ZombieSide and PS Idea Lab should beat the snot out of the Developers until they start using their ideas. That access tunnel gatehouse idea was kinda bad-ass.
Old 2004-09-03, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Mag-Mower
stupid BFR's you need CC to use the BFR in any way... i dont have the cash for CC...
10 bucks at Fry's Electronics.

Originally Posted by Thunder_Hawk
There will be a huge boost in cave activity, but that will die down in about a month. once people have the BFR, why do into the caves again. there will be more cave fights, but not that much more. for me, a bit more content is needed before i get cc. i doubt i used the weapons or vehicles. as cool as the BFRs may be, i'm questioning weather piloting them is alll its cracked up to be.
My guess is that people will continue to unlearn and relearn it, forcing them to get the 10 captures (which require a minimum amount of opposition to count). I'm assuming people will store up keys, then get the BFR cert, then have to get the 10 captures to become attuned, use up all their keys over the course of a few weeks and forget the cert until they store up a few more keys again.

Last edited by Madcow; 2004-09-03 at 11:44 PM.
Old 2004-09-03, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

They are making them way too easy to get. You should have to dwell back into the gaves every other week to keep the memory fresh.
Old 2004-09-04, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
They are making them way too easy to get. You should have to dwell back into the gaves every other week to keep the memory fresh.
Maybe they're not strong enough to warrant annoying restrictions like that?
Old 2004-09-04, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Me + BFR = dead squishies betwix't my toes...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-09-04, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wolf Blitzer
Private

Originally Posted by Madcow
10 bucks at Fry's Electronics.

My guess is that people will continue to unlearn and relearn it, forcing them to get the 10 captures (which require a minimum amount of opposition to count). I'm assuming people will store up keys, then get the BFR cert, then have to get the 10 captures to become attuned, use up all their keys over the course of a few weeks and forget the cert until they store up a few more keys again.
The In Development article made no mention of the "keys" that were rumored, in fact it flat out says that attuning is a one-time deal. I got the impression that the concept of a key item was probably done away with for some of the reasons that were discussed after the rumors started flying.

As to everyone getting their BFR cert and getting right back out of the caves, we'll have to see. The caves having so few facilities in them will tend to lead to long stalemates when they're well occupied I think, and capturing an almost-empty cave like happens now won't count. If the perma-pain fields end up getting implemented as stated there'll just be more stalemates, with a free spawn defenders are that much more likely to recapture. We might all be surprised as to how long it can take to get those 10 caps.

But yeah, it might be a good idea to require an occasional "refresher" in the caves to keep up the BFR cert. It might be an "annoying requirement", but then so is a 15 minute hack timer or an LLU run, heh. Hopefully a certain minimum level of presence in the caves can be maintained, or else people coming in a couple months later will never be able to get their BFR cert requirements.
Old 2004-09-04, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
EarlyDawn
Major General

I'm going to try to work out a mod dependency system, allowing players to always have access to a basic BFR, but require modules to access the full flexibility of the concept, keeping cavern control useful.

More on this when I decide on some stuff.
Old 2004-09-04, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I dunno, yes there will probably be a boom in the CC numbers which will die down, but I just wonder if that boost will give people the confidence to go down there to find combat as opposed to now when nobody goes down there because nobody goes down there.
Old 2004-09-04, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Yer you need CC to get a BFR, but why are you complaning, you can download it from www.planetside.com for free
Old 2004-09-04, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by hazzer2007
Yer you need CC to get a BFR, but why are you complaning, you can download it from www.planetside.com for free
Old 2004-09-04, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
SkunkPunk
Major

Originally Posted by hazzer2007

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2004-09-04, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jekz
Master Sergeant

Vanu Union?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion