Outfit creation: questions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Beamers are not cars.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-02-12, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Brogan
Private

Outfit creation: questions

I have been wanting to create my own outfit lately, but before I do, I have a few questions.
First of all, reading up about some other existing outfits, I noticed something along the lines of a in-outfit ranking system, like noobs being recruit or whatever. Will I be able to choose the names? Or am I looking at something for planetside 1?
Next question. Is there a way for me to communicate verbally with my entire outfit even if there are multiple platoons, like platoon chat?
What other perks come from it? Disadvantages? And what things should I look out for or look forward to?
Old 2013-02-13, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Re: Outfit creation: questions

Yes there is Outfit Voice Chat in-game. It's one of the Num-Pad keys, not sure which one though. The ranking system has to do with your outfit's website mostly. You'll have to talk to otehr outfit leaders for the rest of these questions.
Old 2013-02-13, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

You can change the names of the ranks, yes. There is also a /o Outfit chat outside the Squad and Platoon chat.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-13, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brogan
Private

How does the outfit rank system work? Via manual promotions? And how do I set this up? I have so many questions. Also what are, going off your experience, some good tips for running and managing an outfit. (ie how to distinguish trollers, what to do with someone who has the potential to be a valuable asset but are not good at taking orders, how best to set up operations, how best to promote and turn a budding new outfit into a well oiled fighting machine, etc)

I feel like there are a lot of features for outfits that I am unaware of, that should be promoted. All I know about them right now is the idea is for organization, there is an outfit chat, you can set objectives (but in a way that seems more like a suggestion) and you can have ranks...that's about all I know.

Last edited by Brogan; 2013-02-13 at 12:36 PM.
Old 2013-02-13, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Worry about building a strong "core" in your outfit first. Get a good 5-10 players that will do anything for you, outfit-wise. Then worry about bringing up your numbers by doing constant recruitment everywhere possible.
Old 2013-02-18, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
itzCujo
Private

Some of your questions make me think you may not have so much experience playing in an outfit. Nothing wrong with that, everyone starts somewhere, but maybe an idea to play with an outfit for awhile to learn the game and how an outfit rolls before starting one...? Also, try being a squad leader, or a ranking officer in an another outfit before starting one. That might give your outfit a better chance of success.

I see many, many outfits that I guess have only a couple of people in them. So, yeah, you need a strong core of players in your outfit, and you'll need to constantly be recruiting new members. This week's 16 hour a day player suddenly vanishes tomorrow and needs to be replaced. Players generally prefer to join outfits that have people in them already, instead of joining a 2 player outfit.

Leading an outfit is really a lot of work, and means you do a lot of things besides just play, there is (for example) in game admin of squads/platoons, the recruitment thing, you need to spend certs on leadership, etc...etc...and if you're not sure what's involved, really recommend you join another outfit and learn the ropes first.
Old 2013-02-19, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Does anyone know if they fixed the "Recruit" bug? Basically, when a member is invited, they automatically go to whichever rank slot is labelled as "Recruit". Would love to finally change the name of that rank.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-02-19, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

No idea hadn't heard of that one!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions