Vichel Upgrade slots - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Auraxis the only planet with war 24/7!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-03-31, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Bohica
Private

Vichel Upgrade slots

Hello,
After much heart ache and wasted Cert Points by upgradeing my Sundy with Ammo Dispenser Blockade Armor, Mine guard and a few more I realized I can only use 1 of them....but I still have 2 other slots, will they open ever? Will I be able to use those upgrades in those slots if I do?
Old 2013-04-01, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Re: Vichel Upgrade slots

One slot contains "utility items" such as the AMS or the Shield Diffuser, which are the only things anyone ever puts on a sunderer.

The defense slot contains things like blockade armor, mineguard, vehicle stealth, etc. For some reason, ammo dispenser and vehicle repair are in the "defensive" slot. I guess because putting them in utility would make it impossible to throw an AMS on one.

The performance slot contains rival combat chassis or racer high-speed chassis.

The last slot is just for your sunderer's horn, which is considered a cosmetic item that can only be acquired with station cash. If you do get a horn, you can honk it with the J-key by default.

Last edited by Neutral Calypso; 2013-04-01 at 12:13 AM.
Old 2013-04-01, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bohica
Private

So im SOL with the upgrades I got, o well...thank you for the explanation
Old 2013-04-02, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea

They have talked about adding additional slots for using more than one upgrade but that's still not in the game.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-07, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yea

They have talked about adding additional slots for using more than one upgrade but that's still not in the game.
That's a hard one to add. It could make vehicles too good. Imagine sunderer with fully certed blockade armor and mine guard. Now you have to make a choice. Only update they could make is to mention that you can't use all of them at the same time, so people can save precious certs.
Old 2013-04-08, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

You're not totally SOL. You'd be SOL if you bought something like... the smoke for the sundy. Since there's no reason to use anything besides AMS or shield diffuser on that slot.

Instead you bought -options-. So equip ammo dispenser when rolling with armor. Equip mineguard or blockade armor when planning to set up as a spawn point, etc.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions