Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-09, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Sotonian
Corporal
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


There giving them out via DM now, sent 15 tweets so far and nothing

Started to pull out the big guns, Alien references
Sotonian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Sotonian
Corporal
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


This is worse than the keys being posted, 38 tweets today trying to get a key and nothing
Sotonian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
MasterskunkPS
Private
 
MasterskunkPS's Avatar
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Originally Posted by Sotonian View Post
This is worse than the keys being posted, 38 tweets today trying to get a key and nothing
Don't give up, it took me 62 tweets (3 days) to get one.
Good luck
MasterskunkPS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Sotonian
Corporal
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Just hit my daily limit and up to 140 tweets trying to get a damn key, is it really worth all this?
Sotonian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Sotonian
Corporal
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


This whole thing is leaving a very bad taste in the mouth

Sent upwards of 300 tweets now using 3 accounts the last 4 days, over 200 of them today.

I am officially done, no more of this crap for me

Last edited by Sotonian; 2012-06-09 at 04:57 PM.
Sotonian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant
 
Greeniegriz's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Originally Posted by Sotonian View Post
This whole thing is leaving a very bad taste in the mouth

Sent upwards of 300 tweets now using 3 accounts the last 4 days, over 200 of them today.

I am officially done, no more of this crap for me
Were you just spamming them the same exact thing? Good lord, 300 tweets?

Cheers?

GG
__________________

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Greeniegriz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Sotonian
Corporal
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Originally Posted by Greeniegriz View Post
Were you just spamming them the same exact thing? Good lord, 300 tweets?

Cheers?

GG
Other people were doing the exact same thing and some of them did get keys

Last edited by Sotonian; 2012-06-09 at 05:13 PM.
Sotonian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Talented Maori
Corporal
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


I got one, am going to try for another for my son. All I can say to help is, SPAM them. And I mean SPAM!!!!!!!!!!! With twitter you can't send the same tweet twice, this is where the 'fullstop' comes in handy. Please observe. SPAM. Tweet, SPAM.. Tweet, SPAM... Tweet, SPAM.... Tweet, SPAM..... Tweet S.PAM Tweet, S..PAM Tweet, S...PAM tweet etc. Type a good message, put in a picture (best I saw was the guy off Lost, crying, surrounded by little pictures of the keys given away..., was actually really good ), copy it, and SPAM away, adding fulstops so you can resend the same tweet!
Talented Maori is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
elsnakeo
Private
 
elsnakeo's Avatar
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


I apologized for my spamming during E3 and asked politely for a key today... Got a key within a few minutes!
elsnakeo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
mirwalk
Sergeant
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


I was sending a different tweet for about 12 hours. Finally said forget it. Since they seem to still be doing it, I decided to just send one request message.
__________________

One day you may find me dead in a ditch, but by God you will find me in a pile of brass!
mirwalk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
megamold
Second Lieutenant
 
megamold's Avatar
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Originally Posted by Talented Maori View Post
I got one, am going to try for another for my son. All I can say to help is, SPAM them. And I mean SPAM!!!!!!!!!!! With twitter you can't send the same tweet twice, this is where the 'fullstop' comes in handy. Please observe. SPAM. Tweet, SPAM.. Tweet, SPAM... Tweet, SPAM.... Tweet, SPAM..... Tweet S.PAM Tweet, S..PAM Tweet, S...PAM tweet etc. Type a good message, put in a picture (best I saw was the guy off Lost, crying, surrounded by little pictures of the keys given away..., was actually really good ), copy it, and SPAM away, adding fulstops so you can resend the same tweet!
so unimaginative, i sent upwards of a hundred tweets, most of them completely different.
i was just spouting nonsense mostly, but my tweet about lipstick having fish scales in it got me a key
megamold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
mirwalk
Sergeant
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Man I tried PS poems, Haikus, various jokes.
Even pointed out that one of the original screen shots had the TR using NC guns. Not the model but you could see the logo on the side!
Send about 100 tweets and nothing. Though I did see one guy get an invite for spamming the heck out of betakeybill.
Tried to do similar but no results.

I would submit art but I am NO artist, and I am not going to send in something that looks like a 5 year old drew it.
__________________

One day you may find me dead in a ditch, but by God you will find me in a pile of brass!
mirwalk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
megamold
Second Lieutenant
 
megamold's Avatar
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Originally Posted by mirwalk View Post
Man I tried PS poems, Haikus, various jokes.
Even pointed out that one of the original screen shots had the TR using NC guns. Not the model but you could see the logo on the side!
Send about 100 tweets and nothing. Though I did see one guy get an invite for spamming the heck out of betakeybill.
Tried to do similar but no results.

I would submit art but I am NO artist, and I am not going to send in something that looks like a 5 year old drew it.
yeah, its not so much about what you write. more about getting picked out of the hundreds op tweets.
and ofcourse some luck
megamold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
Kopatch
Private
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


is there any way to know if your account is activated for beta?
I insert a key and it just sent me to the account page..
any idea?
Kopatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Sotonian
Corporal
 
Re: Don't bother with the Twitter key giveaways


Gave it one last go today, 1 tweet sent out and i got a key 5 minutes later
Sotonian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.