Instant Seat Switching - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Deploying Sonic Booms since 1999
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
I do not want instant seat switching, you should have to get out and manually switch seats. 59 33.15%
I do not want instant seat switching, however you can switch inside with a time delay. 70 39.33%
I do want instant seat switching to any seat in a vehicle. 46 25.84%
Other? Post a comment 3 1.69%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-01, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Instant Seat Switching

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
I would love no seat switching but reading this whole thread I knew what I was going to say.

If you can't switch seats and a mass audience jumps in this game your going to have an even larger group of people arguing that not having it is a missing feature. Our PS1 ideas will be outmatched by those who will see it as a basic and expected shooter mechanic.

I can even see the delay serving to frustrate many many people with arguments like this. "When I am attacked by an aircraft and try to switch seats to my AA cannon it delays me and I get killed! That's not fair!" Sure that sounds stupid to us because we have played PS1 or demand a more punishing experience but to most shooter fans those arguments are valid points. They never want to feel helpless even if it is there own damn fault because of decisions they made.

Hamma has it right, PS2 needs to bring in this audience to be as huge as it needs to be. Old and new, niche and massive need to be married and sacrifices need to be made. sad but true.
Right, so let's forsake balanced game design to appeal to 12 year olds that will leave the game at the drop of a hat once Call of Duty 14 comes out.

Trying to attract a crowd from another game by borrowing features or mechanics only leaves people yearning for that game. I understand that you have to make sacrifices or add in modern features of a game to keep it current but this one in particular is just stupid and should not be in the game.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-06-01, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Where are the people who used to flame anyone who compared Planetside to Halo?

There's a modern game with modern vehicle entry animations.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Where are the people who used to flame anyone who compared Planetside to Halo?

There's a modern game with modern vehicle entry animations.
If we wait a year or so, then i think we will have animations by then, so all we need to do is wait....

Old 2012-06-01, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
Do you have to get out of a van to move from being in a passenger seat to driving? Same logic can apply here.
A van isn't a combat vehicle specifically designed to take hits like a tank. So yes I think it should be a lot easier to do since chances are the combat vehicles are designed specifically with this in mind, where as a van is not.

Also I find it amusing when anti-realistic people get uppity because someone makes a comment that boarders on the realism argument. Realistic game-play has limits and laws. Making a game that ignores "realism" means you could just as easily argue for a game where walls don't stop you from going through them. This game is meant to be played on a tactical level, as such things like seat switching should come into consideration as a viable mechanic. But limit the mechanic, as in no "instant seat switching", particularly while the vehicle is moving and you are the driver.

Some of us understand that the real world is a great reference when something comes into question like this. Because unlike video games, which typically ignore realism, the world is balanced and unbiased.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-06-01 at 07:39 PM.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

I would welcome few seconds delay when switching however I'm against having to exit vehicle, that both annoying and not realistic.
Old 2012-06-01, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Zulthus
Colonel

I'm glad to see the majority of people do not want to be able to switch seats instantly. Hopefully they take that into consideration.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Zulthus
Colonel

I'm bumping this due to the thread that popped up recently; hopefully this shows people the majority do not want instant seat switching.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion