What do you want to see in the Engineer? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-02, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Re: What do you want to see in the Engineer?

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
yeah it'll keep you alive, but in the long run how might it benefit you?
Well, still being alive has its benefits.......you may have answered your own question here.

Unless 'benefit' always has to boil down to 'is a source of XP'
Old 2013-04-02, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Dragonskin
Major

Deployable cover is a nice idea, but needs a weakness. Dumbfire rockets can destroy it in 2-3 hits? something like that maybe. Otherwise I think we would see way too many deployable covers... but it would be nice to use as a means to cross open fields since there isn't a lot of cover outside of bases in the game.

Spitfire turret was the AA turret in PS1 right? It would be cool to have a AA weapon for engie too. Make it a vehicle that is high threat so it appears to ESF/Libs/Gals at a certain distance. Maybe make it something the engie actually sits in and swivels instead of yet another turret on a tripod.
Old 2013-04-02, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rothnang
Major

I'd like to see some alternate repair tools. For example:

Structural enhancer tool.

This tool can repair a vehicle to up to 120% of its base health, but does so at half the speed of a regular repair tool. The bonus health can not be repaired by other tools or auto repair systems, those will only begin work on the vehicle again once it has lost the bonus health.

Nanite Cloud tool.

This replaces your repair tool with a constant repair aura that repairs vehicles every second. If you're in a vehicle this still works for the vehicle you're in. The Aura tool is much slower than the regular repair tool, maybe one tenth the speed.

Nanite Bolt tool.

This tool fires a bolt of nanites that has about 100 meters of range, and applies a HOT effect to any friendly vehicle it hits. The tool overheats with every shot.

Scavenger Tool

This repair tool has a finite ammo count which it depletes as it repairs, however, it can be used on enemy vehicles, inflicting damage equal to its repair speed as it disassembles them and refills its ammo in the process.

Emergency Tool

This repair tool only repairs a vehicle to 50% of its health, however it repairs at 150% of normal repair speed.

Chain Repair Tool

This repair tool only repairs at half the regular speed, however, its beam can jump up to three times if there are additional vehicles within 10 meters of the initial target.

I'd also like to see some alternate ammo packs, like:

Incendiary Ammunition

This ammo box doesn't actually give people more ammo, but when you reload a weapon while standing near this box you gain a "incendiary ammo" effect that causes your weapon to inflict 10% more damage to peoples health until it is reloaded again. Incendiary ammo shows up as fiery orange numbers in the ammo counter on your HUD.

Charged Ammunition

Works similarly to incendiary ammunition, but instead grants charged ammo that inflicts 10% more damage to shields. Charged ammo shows up as bright blue/white numbers on your ammo counter. A weapon can only contain one ammo type at a time, if its being reloaded near two specialty ammo boxes it will adopt whichever type you are closest to.

Armor Piercing Ammunition

Works similarly to incendiary ammunition, but grants 5% increased damage against vehicles and MAX Units instead. Only weapons that could damage the target vehicle on their own gain this benefit against that target. Armor piercing ammunition shows up as golden numbers on the ammo counter. A weapon can only contain one ammo type at a time, if its being reloaded near two specialty ammo boxes it will adopt whichever type you are closest to.

And there could be some new alternate deployables:

Shield Charger

Anyone standing near this unit has the time until their shield charge kicks in reduced by several seconds. A fully maxed out shield charger in combination with top end shield certs will reduce the time before your shield begins to recharge to 0.5 seconds. The shield charger itself is vulnerable to small arms fire.

Mobile Armory

Deploys a terminal that can resupply people. It doesn't allow switching of classes, but extra grenades etc. can be pulled from it at their regular price.

Last edited by Rothnang; 2013-04-02 at 12:20 PM.
Old 2013-04-02, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shogun
Contributor
General

i want back the ps1 CE in all of its glory!

the ps2 engineer is just another grunt with a small extra of repairing.

the ps1 engineer was a whole different playstyle.

only being able to lay down one mine is more than sad.
and the thing i miss the most is my autoshooting spitfire/cerberus/shadow turrets!

how many CE devices could a maxed out ps1 battle engineer lay down? 25 mines plus 10 spitfires plus 25 motion sensors? among other things like the tanktraps and shield generators/cloakbubbles.
and he could chose what to lay on the field, not only at the terminal!

only being able to carry one specific combat engineering device is so lame!

i loved to pack my backpack with only CE stuff and fortify bases almost on my own.
that is impossible now. i can only carry one type of CE and when i respawn it even deconstructs (i suppose).

total engineer revamp needed here!
(same applys for infiltrator)

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-04-02, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

While I wouldn't mind more toys or more mines, I already enjoy the hell out of my engineer time. Which is 66% of all of my time.
Old 2013-04-02, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rothnang View Post
I'd like to see some alternate repair tools. For example:

Structural enhancer tool.

This tool can repair a vehicle to up to 120% of its base health, but does so at half the speed of a regular repair tool. The bonus health can not be repaired by other tools or auto repair systems, those will only begin work on the vehicle again once it has lost the bonus health.

Nanite Cloud tool.

This replaces your repair tool with a constant repair aura that repairs vehicles every second. If you're in a vehicle this still works for the vehicle you're in. The Aura tool is much slower than the regular repair tool, maybe one tenth the speed.

Nanite Bolt tool.

This tool fires a bolt of nanites that has about 100 meters of range, and applies a HOT effect to any friendly vehicle it hits. The tool overheats with every shot.

Scavenger Tool

This repair tool has a finite ammo count which it depletes as it repairs, however, it can be used on enemy vehicles, inflicting damage equal to its repair speed as it disassembles them and refills its ammo in the process.

Emergency Tool

This repair tool only repairs a vehicle to 50% of its health, however it repairs at 150% of normal repair speed.

Chain Repair Tool

This repair tool only repairs at half the regular speed, however, its beam can jump up to three times if there are additional vehicles within 10 meters of the initial target.

I'd also like to see some alternate ammo packs, like:

Incendiary Ammunition

This ammo box doesn't actually give people more ammo, but when you reload a weapon while standing near this box you gain a "incendiary ammo" effect that causes your weapon to inflict 10% more damage to peoples health until it is reloaded again. Incendiary ammo shows up as fiery orange numbers in the ammo counter on your HUD.

Charged Ammunition

Works similarly to incendiary ammunition, but instead grants charged ammo that inflicts 10% more damage to shields. Charged ammo shows up as bright blue/white numbers on your ammo counter. A weapon can only contain one ammo type at a time, if its being reloaded near two specialty ammo boxes it will adopt whichever type you are closest to.

Armor Piercing Ammunition

Works similarly to incendiary ammunition, but grants 5% increased damage against vehicles and MAX Units instead. Only weapons that could damage the target vehicle on their own gain this benefit against that target. Armor piercing ammunition shows up as golden numbers on the ammo counter. A weapon can only contain one ammo type at a time, if its being reloaded near two specialty ammo boxes it will adopt whichever type you are closest to.

And there could be some new alternate deployables:

Shield Charger

Anyone standing near this unit has the time until their shield charge kicks in reduced by several seconds. A fully maxed out shield charger in combination with top end shield certs will reduce the time before your shield begins to recharge to 0.5 seconds. The shield charger itself is vulnerable to small arms fire.

Mobile Armory

Deploys a terminal that can resupply people. It doesn't allow switching of classes, but extra grenades etc. can be pulled from it at their regular price.
I agree with all of these points, though I have some additions I'd like to make when I get the time to.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I sometimes think I laid down more spitfires than anyone else in PS1. And it was fun.

But over all Im really happy they arent here in PS2.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I sometimes think I laid down more spitfires than anyone else in PS1. And it was fun.

But over all Im really happy they arent here in PS2.
They'd need some kind of counters.

In ps I used to kill them with striker rounds, but then every TR carried strikers, it was the rule.
Old 2013-04-02, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mordelicius
Major

- Dumbfire AV turret

- Jamming devices

- Mines/Traps (rooting, blowback, flash blinding, electric shock)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion