Final Pre-Launch Love! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: now featuring robot sex
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-19, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Final Pre-Launch Love!

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you to the Planetside 2 team for pouring yourselves into the game we have all hoped for and dreamed of, to Hamma and the rest of the PSU staff for creating the space for everyone to come together and be excited and argue, and to all of the other fans out there whether veteran or new for helping to create the community we have right now. I am proud to have helped build the foundation for the thousands, if not millions, of new Planetside 2 players to come, frag, talk, and have fun.

I cannot really express the range of emotions I have felt throughout the journey we have all been on together, from fishing for news articles on Google and giggling with excitement when I found one and got to be the first to post it here to hardcore raging when there were people that were playing the Technical test and the Beta before I was allowed in. I've been following every step of the way and putting the word out to as many people I know and many that I don't to the point where my coworkers are sick of hearing about it. I postponed my debt repayment plan so that I could build a new gaming rig that could handle a good sized battle while the game was still early on in optimization. I was depressed to learn that I would be working the night that the Beta ended and could not bear witness to the finale. I am nervous-excited for the future of this game as I have been on this ride for a long time and have seen the occasional negative omen here and there but they have all quickly been overwhelmed by the two-way communication and effective listening by the developers and SOE overall. I can tell that they truly believe in this game and love their hardcore fans and are willing to co-create the best fucking shooter EVER.

Much love from a die-hard fan.
Old 2012-11-19, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
JoeDragon
Sergeant

Re: Final Pre-Launch Love!

I imagine this will be much needed. Because in 13 hours, everyone will be spewing hate when the inevitable issue arises. Good luck Dev team, may the fates keep watch over this Launch day, and may the Nerd-Raging be minimal.
Old 2012-11-19, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

Lol True

3:30 PM PST: Server queue numbers reach epic proportions.

6 PM PST: Servers coming down for emergency maintenance.

8 PM PST: Servers come back online, people log jam trying to get back on.

9 PM PST: Servers crash.

Lol, even though we all know something like this may happen, it still doesn't make it any better.

Good luck Sony, we understand, kind of, lol. Only advice I would give is to not turn on your forums until Thursday, lol.

Or, nothing will happen...
Old 2012-11-19, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Lol True

Lol, even though we all know something like this may happen, it still doesn't make it any better.

Good luck Sony, we understand, kind of, lol. Only advice I would give is to not turn on your forums until Thursday, lol.

Old 2012-11-19, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bishopau
Private

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you to the Planetside 2 team for pouring yourselves into the game we have all hoped for and dreamed of, to Hamma and the rest of the PSU staff for creating the space for everyone to come together and be excited and argue, and to all of the other fans out there whether veteran or new for helping to create the community we have right now. I am proud to have helped build the foundation for the thousands, if not millions, of new Planetside 2 players to come, frag, talk, and have fun.
Well said sir.

Old 2012-11-19, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Minor
Corporal

Think of how trivial all of this will become when we look back on all of this as per the Mayan calendar when the 9 gods return to earth, dec 21st, in giant city sized space vessels trans-dimensionally transferred through the suns gravity well during a rare alignment of planets and the milky way black hole...creating a focus-able lens through time and space.

^ This is what happens when you take my crack away from me and replace it with a giant death clock...
Old 2012-11-20, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Lol True

Yup. For us Euros it will work pretty well, hopefully. We get to download in the evening our time, but before the US really gets going. Then overnight our time you guys turn up and highlight all the issues so that by midday Wednesday our time, the game is running beautifully and I report for duty on my half day off!

That's my plan anyway.....
Old 2012-11-20, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Yup. For us Euros it will work pretty well, hopefully. We get to download in the evening our time, but before the US really gets going. Then overnight our time you guys turn up and highlight all the issues so that by midday Wednesday our time, the game is running beautifully and I report for duty on my half day off!

That's my plan anyway.....
Amen to that. Right in the middle of the Amsterdam Internet backbone, I feel pretty confident about a smooth launch.

It's Miller time for me at 7 pm
Old 2012-11-20, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Fenrys
Major

RABLE RABLE RABLE RABLE RABLE!!!

It's the 20th and I'm still up at 6AM working, but I can't start downloading PS2 yet!

Rable I say! RABLE!
Old 2012-11-20, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Tensei
Private

Yeah I got up at 4 am, suprised how excited I am.
Old 2012-11-20, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tharrak
Private

Originally Posted by Minor View Post
Think of how trivial all of this will become when we look back on all of this as per the Mayan calendar when the 9 gods return to earth, dec 21st, in giant city sized space vessels trans-dimensionally transferred through the suns gravity well during a rare alignment of planets and the milky way black hole...creating a focus-able lens through time and space.

^ This is what happens when you take my crack away from me and replace it with a giant death clock...
The Republic do not approve of feathered serpents. We can't have any retro-futuristic Vanu tendencies wrecking havoc with the established society. It's just not proper and lawful conduct. Invading semi- or quasi-reptilians will be shot at sight, and their feathers more than ruffled!

This is the dawn of the next age for sure, the dawn of the Terran Republic. Permission granted to set off one piece of government sanctioned fireworks, with a permit of course.

All power to the Overwatch!

---
Old 2012-11-20, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
snaffe
Sergeant

Is it actually launching in 6 and a bit hours?
Old 2012-11-20, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Tharrak
Private

Originally Posted by snaffe View Post
Is it actually launching in 6 and a bit hours?
Knowledge is power, assumption comes one step lower. From that step we have to build this tower.

P.S.

If you look at the timer on Steam, they agree quite handsomely.

---

Last edited by Tharrak; 2012-11-20 at 06:02 AM.
Old 2012-11-20, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Piper
First Sergeant

Incidentally, perhaps someone from the States could explain the fascination with drinking the pigs-swill you call lager from small, often red, plastic cups? I've never understood why it's done and am vaguely curious.

Old 2012-11-20, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

It's been an amazing run! Have my fingers crossed that today will be as smooth as possible.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion