Heavy Cloaker Revamped - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't Touch This
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-26, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Knocky
Major

Re: Heavy Cloaker Revamped

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I don't follow. Explain further?
How can you not follow? You have more posts then I do. Don't you know Cloakers in PS2 can hack a door and equipment terminals and that is it.

They make the only class that can open a locked door a cloaker. So therefore it is just a way to force a squad to accept a particular class.

Hopefully I am wrong and there will be many cool things that cloakers can do. But we do know that as far a hacking/jacking go, PS2 will have a miniscule portion of that.

Personally I would give up the class specific bolt driver if I could jack vehicles and decon em.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I'm really not overly thrilled about Cloakers having Snipers in the first place. Now you want to give them added armor and an SMG like weapon?

I think the primary focus of cloaking should be stealth and sabotaoge. I don't see it why it has to be an invisible killing machine.

You play a Cloaker to cloak. If you want to kill the shit out of people, play one of the other classes that allows you do that.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-03-26, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
How can you not follow?
Well the way you stated it makes it sound to me like the original game was an unskilled hacker and his/her/its skills would increase if only cloakers were allowed to hack in the sequel.

I stand by my interpretation that cloakers are better at hacking than other classes. The idea that the devs would want to make the game flow more quickly and then implement a change that would require an offensive to grind to a halt at every door and find a cloaker in order to force people to play a class makes no sense to me.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
ThGlump
Captain

They make the only class that can open a locked door a cloaker. So therefore it is just a way to force a squad to accept a particular class.
Where did you get that? The only things they mentioned that will be hackable only by infil are terminals. Nothing more. There is no way they would make infiltrators mandatory to go through doors and to hack a base.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
I'm really not overly thrilled about Cloakers having Snipers in the first place. Now you want to give them added armor and an SMG like weapon?
Who is "you" and Higby talked about MAYBE a shotgun, no mention of a SMG that I am aware of.

I think the primary focus of cloaking should be stealth and sabotaoge. I don't see it why it has to be an invisible killing machine.

I agree completely.....and jacking vehicle.....

You play a Cloaker to cloak. If you want to kill the shit out of people, play one of the other classes that allows you do that.
I like boomers in hallways.

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Where did you get that? The only things they mentioned that will be hackable only by infil are terminals. Nothing more. There is no way they would make infiltrators mandatory to go through doors and to hack a base.

Ok, I am probably wrong about that.

Last edited by Knocky; 2012-03-26 at 07:28 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Who is "you" and Higby talked about MAYBE a shotgun, no mention of a SMG that I am aware of.
"You" being the OP of the thread. It was a bit too subjective, but oh well

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-03-26, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Maybe while we're doing this, we can make optional flying jump-jets for tanks so they don't have to switch to uncerted air vehicles to participate in air battles where they're rendered pretty much useless by impassable terrain.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I'll add that I am not particularly fond of Infiltrators with sniper rifles, but you have to change your way thinking. An infiltrator can specialize as a scout if you want to be a sniper. Their ability to cloak will be the worst of all infiltrators. Either way, infiltrators will have to uncloak to attack, and while this may not be a massive downside, it is one and we'll have to see how the balance is in Beta. They may have to take a full second uncloaking. They may not be able to move. Let's just see, but I think the developers see it like a Predator. "One ugly mother fucker" and all.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion