An absolute must when considering the new resource changes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-31, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
PredatorFour
Major

An absolute must when considering the new resource changes

They must take into consideration continental locking. When an empire gets zero'd (it will happen at some point) them players are going to be pissed when they cant pull any tank/plane from their warpgate cos they have no resources.

When this happens they possibly need another way of getting resources for your empire. Say going behind enemy lines and 'draining' resources from another empire for your own benefit. Give the 'drainers' XP for doing it(possibly another role for infil)

I also hope when they overhaul the resource system they are not tight with it like they are now i.e. if your not subbed its painfully slow gain. It was fine before they tweaked it.
Old 2013-07-31, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: An absolute must when considering the new resource changes

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
They must take into consideration continental locking. When an empire gets zero'd (it will happen at some point) them players are going to be pissed when they cant pull any tank/plane from their warpgate cos they have no resources.

When this happens they possibly need another way of getting resources for your empire. Say going behind enemy lines and 'draining' resources from another empire for your own benefit. Give the 'drainers' XP for doing it(possibly another role for infil)

I also hope when they overhaul the resource system they are not tight with it like they are now i.e. if your not subbed its painfully slow gain. It was fine before they tweaked it.
Judging from what MAlorn said on the FNO, you'll be able to steal power from pretty much every base.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-07-31, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

The warpgate is the power plant for everything, so it will not be running out of energy.

Remember, the energy of the base is what gives you your resources, so since the Warpgate is the powerplant... it will be difficult to drain it of energy, it's the one thing that wont just loose all power after a time.

But yeah, you will totally be able to take energy from the enemy bases or nodes wherever

Last edited by GeoGnome; 2013-07-31 at 07:37 AM.
Old 2013-07-31, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
The warpgate is the power plant for everything, so it will not be running out of energy.

Remember, the energy of the base is what gives you your resources, so since the Warpgate is the powerplant... it will be difficult to drain it of energy, it's the one thing that wont just loose all power after a time.

But yeah, you will totally be able to take energy from the enemy bases or nodes wherever
That sounds great. So when the inevitable 'x' faction gets warpgated with no bases owned, they can sneak out behind enemy lines and steal vital air resources or wateva.
Old 2013-07-31, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Eggy
Sergeant

If you look at the new Esamir map you can see one way in which this is handled.
There are 2 very small un capturable hexes, that trickle feed resources into the WG.

Its also been stated that the WG itself will act as a trickle feeder for its adjoining hexes. So with enough determined people you will always be able to push out.

I also think that the idea of a locked cont will not be as "strong" or permanent as it was in PS1. For 2 reasons. We have no sanctuaries and we cant take vehicles between conts.

You cant prevent people from logging in with the reason "Your empire has no conts so you cant play", especialy when they are paying customers. So something will need to auto unlock.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-07-31, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Warpgate is a 100% power facility that never drains, so its always there as a recharge point. By making resources region-based instead of continent-based the problem of having no territories/resource income should be extinct. Its one of the goals of the new system.
Old 2013-07-31, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PredatorFour
Major

Cool, so will say 1 hex provide resources for all air, vehicle and infantry at once ??
Old 2013-07-31, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Cool, so will say 1 hex provide resources for all air, vehicle and infantry at once ??
There is only going to be 2 resources now, power and nanites:

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
It's all simple - a base drains its own separate resource to generate us our own separate resource for the hex its on. The more a base has in its silo, the more resource per second it generates. If its silo is empty it stops generating resources. As simple as that.

Visually:

Mao is on 100% power
Players on the hex recieve 100 nanites per minute

Mao is down to 43% power
Players on the hex recieve 43 nanites per minute

Mao is down to 0% power
Players on the hex stop recieveing resources

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Like I give a fuck.

Get it?

I love how at the bottom of all of your posts are the the BIG BOLD WORDS. Those five words are the last thing anyone who reads one of your posts sees.

Last edited by mrmrmrj; 2013-07-31 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

And yet, somehow, everyone else in the thread except you managed to drive a useful and constructive conversation (with developer feedback, no less) out of the first three paragraphs.

Speaking of which -

Does that mean that resource access is not transitive? IE, the warpgate produces some of everything, but I'm not next to it, so I take what I can get from my adjacencies?
Old 2013-07-31, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Speaking of which -

Does that mean that resource access is not transitive? IE, the warpgate produces some of everything, but I'm not next to it, so I take what I can get from my adjacencies?
Good point. Would i have to physically go back to Hvar tech say just to get resources faster? Or would i get them anyway through linked territory?
Old 2013-07-31, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Good point. Would i have to physically go back to Hvar tech say just to get resources faster? Or would i get them anyway through linked territory?
I was stated quite clearly, that the aim is to make territories autonomous. Getting resources from linked territories, kind of defeats the purpose of the change.

As for intransitive, I'm pretty sure you can get back to Hvar to get resources faster, but making it so it's not a number one option all lies in the hands of people responsible for balancing the resource incomes.

It can be magiced to a degree where resource incomes are territory-specific based on their size.

Old 2013-08-01, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
raw
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Warpgate is a 100% power facility that never drains, so its always there as a recharge point. By making resources region-based instead of continent-based the problem of having no territories/resource income should be extinct. Its one of the goals of the new system.
How about dis: Once Sanctuaries are in (and they will come, or else...) each of 'em gets a daily pool that is distributed among owned Warpgates per each faction by a specific rate. Dear Faction Leaders^TM (= people with loads of certs in leadership) can somehow influence the alottment of resources to each Warpgate by changing the rate.

A locked continent puts resources back into the pool, as long as it is directly connected to the Warpgate.

What do you think?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion