News: TR Cycler - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Click here for an encore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-29, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Gwartham
Corporal

Re: TR Cycler

Look, for the most part I love what the design team is doing.

But this gun.....

Ok so lets assume its a LMG type variant.

That drum is waaay too small for that gun. The drums for my ar15 are twice the size of those ones heh.

Should be changed to a belt fed box if you want it to make a little more "sense", either that or scale the guns size way down.
Old 2012-01-29, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SKYeXile
Major General

i think that gun has to be an SMG or obviously a lighter gun bags, we have seen a carbine/sawnoff variant of it. it also has no under rail attachment, so yea..not really a typical assault rifle.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-29, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

We have seen it before in a screenshot, so no surprise there ... but I like it. The proportions seem to be a bit more realistic than the Gauss rifle.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Apperently i did a thread.
No, wait, i didnt. WTH?
Old 2012-01-29, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
GuvNuh
Corporal

I like what i've seen of the TR weapons so far, The cycler especially so. I wish they'd fancy up the chaingun a bit though, the design is good but it's just a little too utilitarian looking for me.
Old 2012-01-29, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Apperently i did a thread.
No, wait, i didnt. WTH?
Nope you didn't.. I split them

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-01-30, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Coreldan
Colonel

Hmh, I expected it to look like all those things we saw in the trailer, that sorta had more of an unibody design to them.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-01-30, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ratfusion
Corporal

The Cycler was my favorite weapon of PS1. The earlier model that we thought was it in that news clip above was a worthy looking successor. This one I just can't bring myself to like. I know the art team working on TR can do us right though, our uniforms are looking fantastic.

I have a few issues with this Cycler, and suggestions on how to restyle.

1: That giant chunk of plastic hanging off the front doesn't make sense. Why would it be separate from the rest of the gun?

2: The ironsights have a tiny sight radius. The front sight should be pushed as far forward as possible.

3: The barrel has a shotgun-sized bore, when the TR weapons should be shooting the equivalent of .223

4: The magazine is tiny, doesn't appear to have the capacity stated.

My easy solution are small modifications shown below, painfully butchered together in paint. The iconic teardrop drum magazine from the original Cycler must come back!! Make it a beta-c style for the ARV. The barrel shroud / forearm is now at least one piece, includes a smooth part for the forward grip, and the top rail and sight extend the length of the forearm.

I failed to find a muzzle break or flash hider I could make work in paint, but the weapon definitely needs one.

While playing in paint i noticed that that odd chunk up front will slide all the way back flush for a decent looking carbine that i'm sure is intentional.

I'd still rather have this one ( make the hanguard extendable/removable for the underbarrel grenade launcher):

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cycler 2.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cycler 1.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	286  

Last edited by ratfusion; 2012-01-30 at 12:47 AM.
Old 2012-01-30, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

I don't mean to be contrarian, but I like it. I think the perspective makes it look longer than it is.
Old 2012-01-30, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jimmuc
Corporal

Originally Posted by ratfusion View Post
anyone think that perhaps thats the Suppressor? that always comes to mind when i see this gun.
Old 2012-01-30, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Mod
Master Sergeant

I think the regular cycler looks quite good, not as rounded as the original Planetside version, which is suprising considering the TR's circle inspiration this time around.

The ARV cycler on the other hand I don't like the look of. The barrel sticks out wayyyyyy too much and I feel as though the drum mag should be pushed up a touch so it is sticking less out of the bottom of the weapon.

I would also have to agree that a suppressor equivalent is what comes to mind when I see that early screenshot.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Jimmuc View Post
anyone think that perhaps thats the Suppressor? that always comes to mind when i see this gun.
I think that is the Cycler they were going to use when PS2 was just going to be a reskin of the original. Then when they decided to make it a "reimagining" they redid a few things, and now we have ... this
Old 2012-01-30, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Knocky
Major

40 round mag in the real world.

The Cycler is close enough IMO.

Old 2012-01-30, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

That mag is twice as long as the grip, on the cycler they are the same length. So the cycler's clip is ½ the size it needs to be for RL accuracy, but thats not what i dont like about it.

After seeing the MCG, Cycler, and Phoenix, I'm begining to think TRay is purposely making the none VS weapons look terrible

Last edited by DOUBLEXBAUGH; 2012-01-30 at 05:08 AM.
Old 2012-01-30, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
That mag is twice as long as the grip, on the cycler they are the same length. So the cycler's clip is ½ the size it needs to be for RL accuracy, but thats not what i dont like about it.

After seeing the MCG, Cycler, and Phoenix, I'm begining to think TRay is purposely making the none VS weapons look terrible

First of all.....of course Tray is sabotaging the other empires.

Secondly....I said the Cycler was close enough and it is. Sides....we have no idea what the size of Cycler bullets are. So plenty of wiggle room there.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion