Trayvon Martin - Page 40 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where its ok to where purple.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-23, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #586
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Or you could just answer it, at least for yourself.

Be honest about it too, otherwise it doesn't really work.
I care because a kid was killed for no reason, and as a human being I find the senseless death of children to be a Bad Thing. What's more, the circumstances of his death are very suspicious, and his killer has a history of violence while the deceased does not. This compounds what would otherwise be a sad event with a visceral demand to see justice done, and ensure that the potential murder of a child is not simply ignored.

You will find, as you interact with people more, that even events which do not directly affect us are sometimes enough to evoke strong emotions. Indeed, sometimes even works of pure fiction are able to elicit very powerful reactions out of their audiences. Whether it's the sad events of a Shakespearean tragedy, or the triumph of a beloved protagonist over adversity in any work of fiction you'd like, people are easily able to be inspired to care about events whether they're affected or not or, indeed, whether the events even happened.

Hopefully one day your creator will upgrade your software such that you become able to comprehend these things we humans refer to as "emotions". Partly because life without feeling is a dull, grey thing, and partly so you no longer bother us mere mortals with your stupid fucking questions.
Old 2012-06-23, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #587
GODMOLLY
Private

I care because a kid was killed for no reason
Elaborate. Keep in mind though don't over exaggerate and stay within context, seems people do tons of that.

People confuse things they THINK they know, with actual FACTS
Old 2012-06-23, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #588
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
As it happens, I have a whole list of recent tragic deaths for you to mourn and get outraged about here. I haven't done a headcount, because some of the heads were missing, but I estimate it's near 25,000 in total.

Get to work.
I'm sure you have a really brilliant point you're just itching to make, something about how the world is full of tragedy and how it's disingenuous to care about some deaths but not others. Whatever it is you want to say, it'd be great if you simply said it rather than equivocating for post after post.

Originally Posted by GODMOLLY View Post
Elaborate.
If Zimmerman didn't pursue him nobody would have died. Whether Zimmerman tried to subdue Martin for the police and Martin fought back so Zimmerman shot him, or whether Martin attacked Zimmerman and attempted to kill him, forcing Zimmerman to defend himself, the key ingredient is that Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and pursued Martin. Just because it was legal doesn't mean it was the right thing to do, and the end result is a dead body. If he wasn't playing pretend cops, trying to be a hero, an unnecessary death would have been avoided.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-06-23 at 02:08 PM.
Old 2012-06-23, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #589
GODMOLLY
Private

If Treyvon didn't attack Zimmerman and reach for Zimmermans gun no one would have died, simple as that. We can throw around "If" all day and keep in mind we are looking at FACTS not hypothetical scenarios which do NOT hold up in court. The 911 operator do not have the legal authority to tell someone what they can and can't do if it is not breaking the law.

The views you hold seem to be bias, I keep in open mind and take a neutral approach with the evidence given. Such as your previous post jumping to conclusions and thinking that rundown of that night was taken 4 months after, when really it was the day after the incident.

Have a nice day.
Old 2012-06-23, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #590
Vash02
Major

If Treyvon didn't attack Zimmerman and reach for Zimmermans gun no one would have died, simple as that. We can throw around "If" all day and keep in mind we are looking at FACTS not hypothetical scenarios which do NOT hold up in court. The 911 operator do not have the legal authority to tell someone what they can and can't do if it is not breaking the law.

The views you hold seem to be bias, I keep in open mind and take a neutral approach with the evidence given. Such as your previous post jumping to conclusions and thinking that rundown of that night was taken 4 months after, when really it was the day after the incident.

Have a nice day.
Trayvon attacked Zimmerman? Where did this fact come from? Why of course! Zimmerman himself.
You've either betrayed your own bias in the first sentence or your definition of fact is very loose.
Old 2012-06-23, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #591
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

I'm interested because it's a curious intersection of racial issues, along with gun rights issues. It hits a lot of buttons.
Old 2012-06-23, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #592
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
I'm interested because it's a curious intersection of racial issues, along with gun rights issues. It hits a lot of buttons.
If only it would stop hitting the reply button.

Old 2012-06-23, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #593
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

I see what you did there.
Old 2012-06-23, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #594
GODMOLLY
Private

Trayvon attacked Zimmerman? Where did this fact come from? Why of course! Zimmerman himself.
You've either betrayed your own bias in the first sentence or your definition of fact is very loose.
Is there other evidence that shows otherwise thats not how it happened? Oh yeah, that is right no. As much as you THINK or have that gut feeling deep down in your stomach that he is guilty, Zimmerman's testimony is basically the only thing that really is "hard" evidence in this case. We will let the jury decide, you arguing with nothing to back you up does nothing but make you seem like a cunt.

As much as you like it or not, you have to prove Zimmerman wrong without reasonable doubt. I have no bias and it irks me how people post reply with no common sense (like your post). Murder cases are not based on opinion, this is not Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.
Old 2012-06-23, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #595
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Nobody cares about why either I or anyone else is interested in this case. Thanks for the free psychoanalysis though, Professor. Your pedantic meanderings are as interesting as ever.

If Treyvon didn't attack Zimmerman and reach for Zimmermans gun no one would have died, simple as that.
Except this is entirely based on the word of someone with a violent past who is demonstrably a liar. And anyway, even if we assume Zimmerman is right and Trayvon makes a habit of attempting to kill strangers with his bare hands, then his bad judgment in deciding to chase after someone he felt was suspicious enough to call the cops on nearly resulted in his own death, let alone Martin's. So in in that case someone still would have died.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-06-24 at 12:02 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #596
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
I think you forgot the key word "first"

Unless you are implying that Zimmerman scuffed up the back of his head on his own.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #597
GODMOLLY
Private

If you want to start painting pictures of a persons character, I could paint pictures of that theiving, illegal drug addicted, school delinquent Trayvon too keep in mind. Could you bring up his twitter for us to read? Lets keep it neutral okay, unless you don't want too, its totally up to you? I did not talk bad about Trayvon, just Person A and Person B and the situation.

I said, do NOT over exaggerate and you seem to be in this post pretty bad. I'm going on a tangent here, but are you a hypochondriac? Swear to god serious question, you seem like that type of person.

And anyway, even if we assume Zimmerman is right and Trayvon makes a habit of attempting to kill strangers with his bare hands, then his bad judgment in deciding to chase after someone he felt was suspicious enough to call the cops on nearly resulted in his own death, let alone Martin's. So in in that case someone still would have died.
Well firstly

"Trayvon took his hand off Zimmerman's mouth and reached for the weapon, Zimmerman said." Your assumtions are wrong.

Please, as a friendly Planetside 2 player who happens to be a lady and is going to fuck your ass up in the game you are making yourself look like a big vagina.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #598
GODMOLLY
Private

PS: I hope that person in your avatar is someone you don't know. Because they look like a straight tranny.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #599
Vecha
First Sergeant

PS: I hope that person in your avatar is someone you don't know. Because they look like a straight tranny.
Trannys(trannies?) need lovin' too.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #600
GODMOLLY
Private

Originally Posted by Vecha View Post
Trannys(trannies?) need lovin' too.
If I was a guy and ever got the banana split operation, I would want lovin.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum