Planetside 2 interview with Matthew Higby (1hr + gameplay) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware, free fire zone ahead.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-30, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
itmeJP
Private

Planetside 2 interview with Matthew Higby (1hr + gameplay)

Hey guys! My name is JP McDaniel. I'm a youtube content creator generally known for my involvement in ESPORTS, creating shows State of the Game and Real Talk.

Yesterday I had the privilege of interviewing Matthew Higby for a one-off Planetside 2 event on my Twitch channel. A lot of people requested for the interview to be cut and posted on it's own, so I did just that.

I'm not sure if you can have the video embed on the forum (literally my first post here) so I've just put it as a link below.

We cover a lot of topics within the interview (I apologize for not having a proper topic timestamp) including the Nov. 20th release date, some upcoming features, and he also kills an entire outfit with a couple galaxies... with some interesting outcomes.

Thanks guys and hope you enjoy the content!

Old 2012-10-30, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILoHOMER
Major

Re: Planetside 2 interview with Matthew Higby (1hr + gameplay)

I don't trust anything this guy says anymore. It was all great and how it wont get released until it's ready and how they're listening to fans. Suddenly release date announced, most the stuff isn't going to be there or fixed for launch and they don't care about what people are saying. I mean still no equipable knives is really annoying, kept asking and asking for it cause quick knives sucks but nope.

When is the meta game going to get fixed? They haven't had an answer for that, what about the mission system they kept going on about? Is that MCG model placeholder? We've seen no evidence of the underslung nice model coming back, no mention about that. What about the poor sound effects? I mean shotguns sound like sniper rifles when you get killed by them.

So much wrong with the game, none of my friends like it in its current state and yet this is how it'll get launched now and anything else added in wont get much time for testing or changed. So really SOE are doing the same old thing of rushing a launch, giving a bad first impression and letting the game die before it has even started.
Old 2012-10-30, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Meecrob
Sergeant

Homer you're such a bright ray of sunshine. My advice is lighten up, and remember allways look at the bright side of life
Old 2012-10-30, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Thanks for this JP, say hello to Day9 for me please. He doesn't know me, but I thoroughly enjoy his Monday show via the archives.
Old 2012-10-30, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

I really enjoyed this interview.

It was very refreshing to see a neutral player fresh to the game having a great time and laughing every time he got run over by a sunderer. The questions were reasonable, with no ulterior motive other than curiosity.

You get a real insight into how the game is progressing both in what we see in beta, and behind the scenes. Matt gave some balanced responses, he knows AA is out of whack, he addressed concerns with tanks and gave informed reasons as to all the + and - arguements, and why they are doing it the way they are.

I look forward to more general input,observation and commentary from new sources in the future. It inspires me that this game has a bright future ahead of it, theres a new generation coming along that will see the beauty that many of us envisaged a long time ago for this franchise.

I sometimes feel ashamed as a player from the original that a vocal minority casts such doom and gloom on almost every step the development team takes, without really appreciating the sheer amount of time put in by mere mortals. The future is there to look forward to, a life constantly looking backwards isn't a life at all.

So, thankyou for a new post and a welcome respite from the norm.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SixShooter
Captain

Good stuff man, thanks for putting it up.

Old 2012-10-31, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

At about 21 minutes into the video, it is mentioned that medics get more XP by not leveling advanced med tools, because you would lose the XP associated with the res, then 40-or-so points that follow by healing them to full. Why not add the difference in healing-xp to the initial res? If I res to 100% health, I'd like the 40 points that got tacked on to it. Or am I talking crazy?

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-10-31, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Good Stuff!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-31, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sifer2
Major

He explains the reason they let you pull Sunderers everywhere. But also admitted on the stream that the Sunderer is a "beast" an able to nearly go toe to toe with tanks. I don't understand why they don't see that as an issue. Making it so you can't deploy them right next to each other wont fix the fact you have mass hoards of Sundies mowing everything down that just take way too long to kill. It's not like your squad can't just hit redeploy, spawn at the nearest base an pull a Galaxy instead.

Anyway it's nice to see they have ambitious goals for the future like player built bases. It's just going to be tough to get there if the game doesn't do really well on launch. So hopefully he is right that they will be able to get this ready for release in time.
Old 2012-11-01, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
eXpo
Private

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
He explains the reason they let you pull Sunderers everywhere. But also admitted on the stream that the Sunderer is a "beast" an able to nearly go toe to toe with tanks. I don't understand why they don't see that as an issue. Making it so you can't deploy them right next to each other wont fix the fact you have mass hoards of Sundies mowing everything down that just take way too long to kill. It's not like your squad can't just hit redeploy, spawn at the nearest base an pull a Galaxy instead.

Anyway it's nice to see they have ambitious goals for the future like player built bases. It's just going to be tough to get there if the game doesn't do really well on launch. So hopefully he is right that they will be able to get this ready for release in time.
He also said that once AA is nerfed abit, there will be more Libs in the air which have the role of destroying enemy sunderers.

I'm really hoping a lot of what Matt said does get implemented, such as the tank certs for a dedicated gunner, the outfit stuff and more continents.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion