Digital Marine's != ******* - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet you're looking at this right now!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-01, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

True, a bug does not make it a cheat or hack. But by using that bug you become and exploiter. If all the bugs jumped off a bridge, would you jump too? Oh wait, they were going to try that for fun, but the Digital marines jumped on them.
Old 2003-09-01, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Caspertoo
Sergeant

I totally agree that using a bug makes you an exploiter, but I simply have not seen any DM member exploiting any bugs, if I did I would either try to get them kicked out or leave the clan. Bottom line is I believe DM to be a honest clan.

Now the 2nd issue at hand is the bridge, fine be angry about it, we didn't deny it, and we aren't sidestepping the issue that we "ruined" it for all the NC and VS (even though we were defending a base).

Be mad about the bridge issue. Flame us about the bridge issue but please don't throw in nonchalant accusations of cheating when honestly the only thing we are guilty of in your own eyes is being jerks. Even though we were defending a base.
Old 2003-09-01, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Ive got to admit, Caspertoo has a point: If you are going to acuse someone of cheating, you gotta have proof, or else no one will take you seriously.

And there is no differnece between hackers and exploiters, its a means to an end, and if you cheat in a game, it does not matter how you did it.

Old 2003-09-01, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

And now a word from our sponsor.

D you like ? Well from the makers of comes a brand new product. Pizza. Yes that's right.....

Sorry, I don't know anyone of any outfit. I can only point a finger at OgreX for using the speedhack. And No, I can't PROVE it, but I did catch him going 3 times as fast as me with my surge implant on.
Old 2003-09-01, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Caspertoo
Sergeant

Ah yes the age old ogrex question. I have heard it many times.

I have never seen him cheating. I believe I was in a squad he was running when i was very new but he's a member of -=LXG=- , definently NOT DM
Old 2003-09-01, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Losing... IQ... points... cannot... type... at... normal... rate.

Seriously, Digital Marines, get over it. You admitted that you use the corpse exploit. You claim it is not a hack, so giving yourself invincibility does not give you any sort of advantage? What an amazing logic track you follow!
Old 2003-09-01, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Snoob
Private

I've been part of DM for maybe a week or 2 now (former AOD) and I have to say it is possibly the MOST fun I've EVER had playing planetside. The amount of skill, teamwork and communication we put forth via ventrilo is amazing. and I am GLAD to be a part of them in every way.

*NOW* onto the issue at hand. We do not cheat, its a fact. All of you accusing us of cheating are just agravated about the bridge jump thing. Look, you can think we're the biggest dicks in the world and hate us to death but as caspertoo said, don't just claim we cheat because you have personal "beef" with us.

[Good Job last night TR ]

Last edited by Snoob; 2003-09-01 at 09:20 AM.
Old 2003-09-01, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I've been part of DM for maybe a week or 2 now (former AOD) and I have to say it is possibly the MOST fun I've EVER had playing planetside.
Just because your dog is smarter then an Irish Setter doesn't mean it's the sort of thing you should brag about.
We do not cheat, its a fact. All of you accusing us of cheating are just agravated about the bridge jump thing.
Noone accused you of cheating before because noone gave a damn, you were just another stupid zerg outfit. In fact on the one occasion I had the misfortune of squading with a pair of Digital Marines, they didn't greet eachother with friendly insults, they didn't have the sort of relationship you would expect between a leader and a follower, no, they didn't even realize the other was a Digital Marine until one had to log off for an outfit meeting, and the other realized he had one too. And no they weren't on voice, they were talking to eachother in chat a few times.

Also I never accused you of cheating, I accused you of being a bunch of worthless exploiters and zerg. However, Arakiel, quite possibly one of if not the best PS players until he quit and a very respected member of the community, had this to say about the Digital Marines,
Originally posted by Arakiel
..and, yeah, confirmed on your outfit. Compared some of the stupid crap that happened on Ishundar today with myplanetside and, why, yes, quite a few of you guys have the distinct stench of bullshit all over you.
From everyones favorite thread of course, last post.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-09-01 at 11:00 AM.
Old 2003-09-01, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Like I said, I know what it is. My outfit leader did it this way so did other people. It is now an outfit secret.
First of all, what I was talking aout was a bug. The bug would make you an unkillable corpse. I would encounter this bug when I used Advance regeneration. My health would go to 101 and I would be a corpse, my outfitleader had the same implant. This implant is very useful in combat. We never told anybody (outfit secret) becouse we didn't want anybody to know, I didn't at least. Could you imagine a whole squad of these guys? This is not what Planetside is supposed to be. As for you ass holes calling us cheaters, what is your problem? You people calling us a "zerg" outfit, what do you mean? So let me get this strait, it is wrong for us to recruit new people so they can have fun in this game. It is wrong to have mass numbers of people in our outfit so we can have 2 or 3 squads going nightly, (This is a good thing becouse you can play with the same people over and over and get to know them), it is wrong to gather up all of our men, team up with other outfit's, spend a week on how the Operation is going to go and strategically take down a continent? Bottom line, the Digital Marines are not cheaters, we do not cheat. Ask ANY member in our outfit. If you really want to, I will try help you get SOE "referees" to watch us day and night.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2003-09-01 at 05:06 PM.
Old 2003-09-01, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by Incompetent
Someone needs to beat it into lonehunters head that exploiters are just as bad if not worse then cheaters
Indeed, someone does because it's true

Also, Spam/Zerg outfits aren't fun. they're for numbers and trying to ruin other people's fun as you already have. Also, considering you tried to hide using the bug(exploiting, which is considered cheating by SOE and gamers) and tried to hide the bug generally so you could use it for a long time. That's blatent cheating and exploiting and just proves that your outfit is generally bad, and should be disbanded along with certain members banned from PS

Last edited by Sputty; 2003-09-01 at 05:05 PM.
Old 2003-09-01, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Hey KingKroz

MI PENIS IS BIGGAR THAN YOURS!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneoneOMGLOLZLMao

:o
Old 2003-09-01, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

To LoneHunter and the rest of his unfair buddies:
OK, look. It doesn't matter if it's a cheat, bug or exploit. IF IT GIVES YOU AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE AGAINST OTHERS, you should NOT use it. Of course, I can understand that an Outfit of 350 or so asshats may not understand such a simple concept as "playing fair", but there is SOME moral distain to using bugs, exploits OR cheats to give you an edge.

In closing, Fuck you, Digital Marines!

Thank You.

Last edited by ObnoxiousFrog; 2003-09-01 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2003-09-01, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by ObnoxiousFrog
In closing, Fuck you, Digital Marines!
Thank You.
:indeed:
Old 2003-09-01, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
KaozReign
Private

A bug is A CHEAT IMO.
If anyone cares to know why I look at it that way it's because of the nearly 2 years I was a Senior Staff member at TeamWarfare. I had to deal with Soldier of Fortune 2 and Battlefield 1942 for that period of time. I put bugs and exploits on the same level.

You use either you need to uninstall the game or get the hell off the same continent I'm on.

Simply put, you used an exploit. You're the same as a cheater.
Thanks for playing and good night.
Old 2003-09-01, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Doppler
Contributor
Major

5: Bottom line is none of the accusations about DM came about till after we shot-up a bunch of NC and VS that were jumping off a bridge next to a base we were actively defending. If you VS and NC hadn't been trying to capture the bases on the continent nobody would've been around to stop you guys from jumping. But bottom line is there were hotspots all around the continent including the base nearest the bridge. I'm all for community building events, especially since most of the time they are faction specific, but the inherent problem with combining multiple factions is that there will be some people that get bored waiting, start PLAYING the game and then others play against them, the way the game was meant to be played.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ok first off, i can't actualy speak to whether you all cheat or not because quite honestly I dont play on your server. What started this was partialy the bridge jumping incident, dont make the case that you were just defending the base when you posted ahead of time that you planned to kill people at the bridge jump. That and of course one of your mmebers posting a whole new thread to defend themselves, maybe their just retarted and confused reply and new post, or maybe, as it looks to a third party, they feel guilty about something.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion