News: SOE Updates PlanetSide2 Road Map - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Not the place for relationship advice.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-28, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Calista
Second Lieutenant

SOE Updates PlanetSide2 Road Map

Good stuff being pushed out. Kinda sad.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ms/roadmap.59/

What appear to be new items:
  • Improved Introduction for New Players - Scheduled for July
  • Improved Death Screen - Scheduled for August
  • Additional Alert Types - Scheduled for June
  • Streamline Terminal/Loadout UI - Scheduled for June
  • Minimap and HUD Indicator Customization - Scheduled for June
  • Customizable Squad Colors - Scheduled for June
  • Squad and Platoon Management Improvements - Scheduled for June
  • Additional Loadouts - Scheduled for June

Existing Changes
  • Hossin - Scheduled for September
  • Continent Locking - Scheduled for November
  • Re-Certification - Scheduled for October
  • Vehicle Zoning - Scheduled for November
  • Cert Screen Revamp - Scheduled for August
  • Voice Packs - Scheduled for October
  • Galaxy Update - Scheduled for August
  • Engineer Update - Scheduled for November
  • Server Transfer Token - Scheduled for June
  • Faction Pistols - Scheduled for October
  • Player Made Decals / Player Studio - July
  • Vehicle Cosmetic Slots - GU11 / June
  • MAX Flamethrowers - Scheduled for July
  • Outfit Recruiting - Scheduled for July
  • Per Seat Vehicle Locking - Scheduled for July
  • Outfit Base Capture - Scheduled for August
  • Improved Vehicle Deconstruction - Scheduled for July
  • Resource Revamp - August
  • Outfit Progression - Scheduled for September
  • Implants - Scheduled for July
  • Community Grief Reporting - Scheduled for June
  • Interlink Facility - Scheduled for September
  • Player Generated Missions - Scheduled for August
  • Class Update: Combat Medic - Scheduled for September
  • Name Change Token - Scheduled for November
  • Esamir Battle Flow Improvements - Scheduled for June (these were shown on FNO last week)
  • Amerish Battle Flow Improvements - Scheduled for July

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-05-28 at 07:05 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Checked out roadmap lately?

I think by now most of us have realized the roadmap is rather pointless. They may as well have put a bullet list in a thread that states what they might end up working on at some point throughout the years of Planetside2.

The original idea of the roadmap was to be dates that were for when they would start working on certain tasks. For the most part, that hasn't happened, they just work on whatever and they really don't care what the community has up/down voted. Lattice wasn't even on the list, though I'm glad they did it. Hossin is on the list and for whatever reason they've decided to become a typical closed development team and not tell us shit about it. Nearly everything on the roadmap list was there when it originally debuted, the difference is almost all of those things have been pushed back because everything that they have been working on is taking much longer than they thought.

Just noticed Hossin is all the way back to September. So more than likely we won't even get it until October. Think I'll go play another game for the next 4-5 months, this is getting rather ridiculous.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-05-28 at 06:39 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

At least Hossin has a month now.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-28, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
At least Hossin has a month now.
True True.
Old 2013-05-28, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
hashish
Sergeant

Re: SOE Updates PlanetSide2 Road Map

Haha yea i agree with assist.. As a player I just dont feel it actually matter what gets voted up or down.. They do tend to just work on whatever they want lol.. and the community feedback allows them to see what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong..

I mean dont get me wrong, there has been A LOT of changes based on feedback but its still relatively less than what you'd expect..

Old 2013-05-28, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Looks like there are some updates all around. Updating OP, posting as news.

Old 2013-05-28, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Assist
Contributor
Major

Looks like there are some updates all around. Updating OP, posting as news.
Yeah there's a bunch on there. Given their current track record of being horrible at time management(insert fuck MLG comment here), I think some will make it in 2013, but I think the majority won't be in until 2014.

I think the best one on the list is Server Transfer Tokens. I recall being told they were coming at the end of January! I'm sure they'll make it in June!

Last edited by Assist; 2013-05-28 at 06:48 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Hossin is way too far away, it and interlink facility are the only things I'm waiting for on that whole list.
We need new buildings that look different and completely different continents for some variety and that intecontinental conquest...I would really love to fight 1on1 against just one faction sometime, so it just isnt an infinite capping cycle.

Everythign else is just useless fluff for me on that list.

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-05-28 at 06:51 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

Updated OP some more, new items on there now.

Old 2013-05-28, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Updated OP some more, new items on there now.
Thanks. I was a little to distraught to compile them myself. Oh well, like you say, at least some things do at least have a date now.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sunrock
Major

I had hope Hossin would have arrived at latest in July. But there is some things on the road map that I wonder way they have to change that already working good like Terminal/Loadout UI. Nothing wrong with how it looks now.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sifer2
Major

So assuming it doesn't get pushed back anymore, it will be one year since release before we are playing Planetside 2 the way it should be with Continent locking. But we will only have 4 continents to do it on.

I'm wondering if they don't have the same size team they used to have or something. Maybe Everquest Next is drawing a lot of people away? I understand the team they have is probably working as hard as they can but IMO they need to move a bit faster than they are. The fact Dust 514 seems to be a flop has bought them more time. But Destiny is coming. It's a question of whether SOE wants to use their lead to try to lock down this genre, and be the leader in it or not. I don't think they will if they allow the game to go years without a fully developed metagame.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sunrock
Major

Well after 14 years of playing different MMOs I have learned that things devs promise when the game is new or before it is released is always "forgotten" or introduced into the game long long time after they promised it to come. This goes for every developing house not just SOE too.

So things that promised to be in the game 3-4 months after release coming 1 year after is quite normal for the gaming industry. Having that sad I still think it's something we as costumers should not accept. The most important thing when playing a online game for a longer time 3+ months is to get new content and so far we have just got changes to the existing content. Not new content and we want new content 4 months ago.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I think by now most of us have realized the roadmap is rather pointless. They may as well have put a bullet list in a thread that states what they might end up working on at some point throughout the years of Planetside2.

The original idea of the roadmap was to be dates that were for when they would start working on certain tasks. For the most part, that hasn't happened, they just work on whatever and they really don't care what the community has up/down voted. Lattice wasn't even on the list, though I'm glad they did it. Hossin is on the list and for whatever reason they've decided to become a typical closed development team and not tell us shit about it. Nearly everything on the roadmap list was there when it originally debuted, the difference is almost all of those things have been pushed back because everything that they have been working on is taking much longer than they thought.

Just noticed Hossin is all the way back to September. So more than likely we won't even get it until October. Think I'll go play another game for the next 4-5 months, this is getting rather ridiculous.

Da fuck are you talking about?

Hossin was well underway when they started going for the Lattice. The Lattice wasnt on the roadmap to being with because it never was a feature that was set in stone, or something that needed a voting progress to see how important it is.

We all knew for a long time that the Hex has massive issues. We all hoped to get those fixed, but whatever the devs did, nothing worked. They then attempted the lattice, first on the test server, now on indar, and currently they are taking a good deep look at how things play out. Heck, if the lattice would have caused big issues, then it would be pulled already.

Thats why Hossin went to the backburner. They didnt know if the lattice makes it or not. Now they know, now they can do a proper redesing of hossin with the lattice in mind.

As for the rest of the stuff: Your talking crap. The roadmap was never a "This is when this stuff will be out" list. It was a simple tool to show us right away on what they want to put in, and give direct feedback to this stuff. And it works quite well.
Old 2013-05-28, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The "Roadmap" concept was obsolete back in February.
They have already decided when stuff will be released and they designate a month to it where they think release will be achievable.

Although that month is simply part of the wishlist and if its not ready or too hard it just gets pushed to the ever growing unscheduled list.
Just look at the previous 6mths, I expect the same results for the next 6mths.

The list of new additions would be better off posted without the allocation of a month for possible release.
Put everything in one long list, you can still call it Roadmap, you can still discuss each addition in its own thread.
Just dont take the piss by telling me its scheduled for a particular month then move it as that month arrives.

Even when Higby use to post about whats coming up in the next two weeks that original threads details about whats coming had extensive changes by the time that two weeks was up.
If you cant tell me accurately whats coming in two weeks how much faith do you expect me to have in a 6mth roadmap?

I appreciate that things change in game design, I just saying you dont make it any easier for anyone by listing it month by month, its a ruse.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion