my idea of why the NC dont have much of a backing - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Visiting this site won't leave your mouse sticky.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-22, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It's a weapon designed to destroy the armor of those targets yeah... if a infantry (non MAX) gets hit by the say VS MAX's Comet i doubt his armor is gonna hold up... sure it won't lock onto him but it still removes the armor hehe
Old 2002-12-22, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah but it's not designed for that, take for example the TR's weapon

Pounder (anti-vehicular)
Heavy grenade launchers are mounted to each arm.
It won't do much good against aircrafts.
Old 2002-12-22, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

never said the weps would be good or designed for it... i just said that if they hit they'll remove armor hehe
Old 2002-12-22, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Can you design the different weapons to hotkeys or no?

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-22, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah you can assign weapons to hotkeys and even different equipment combos like in Tribes.
Old 2002-12-22, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

So the MAX can assign the anti-personel, anti-vehicle, and anti-air weapons to hotkeys?

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-22, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
�io
Lieutenant General

Well it depends what you mean by that. You can't have all 3 at once but when you go into the equipment terminal you don't have to select every little item over and over again, you can save the type of armor with the type of guns and equipment to a hotkey so that the next time you use the terminal you can just push 3 and move on.
Old 2002-12-22, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Dragoon412
Corporal

Sandtaco -

You can't have all 3 types of weapons at once; in fact, I seem to remember reading from a dev that the different types of MAXes (AA, AV, AI) are all their own certification.
Old 2002-12-22, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ahemuro
Private

I have decided that I will be a NC, since everyone thinks they are not as good/are not as cool, I WILL PROVE ALL OF YOU WRONG!

No really, I bet they will have some super awesome gun that everyone is underestimating or something.
Old 2002-12-22, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I'm a lone 12-gauger in CS, or a PARA user. Fits that I'm in NC as we have shotguns and Gauss(low RoF and good damage like PARA).

NC lacks support because most people either want to be able to deal damage quickly(TR) or at long range for sustained piriods(VS) with their assault rifle. The NC are good ad dealing a lot of damage, but will have to burst at long range(gauss) and take picked shots at close range(secondary on JackHammer). This is fine and dandy, but doesnt fit most people's playing styles.

But the NC will win the day for one, simple, reason: We have lego power!
Old 2002-12-22, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
diluted
Major

well.. i dunno. NC resemble terran in many ways. people recognize and can understand 'terran' right off the bat. they might not want to mess with a name such as "new conglomerate" at the time and things will suck for awhile until things balance out. (this is actually referring to the first post by me not you all's crazy ass MAX arguments)
Old 2002-12-23, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
darkfireknight2
Private

I think the VS max's jumping ability is over rated. Its not going to fly forever ( as some people seem to think) shure it will be good for getting behind TR max's but the jumpjet will have to reacharge and once it lands it will be fair game for the nearest AV wepon or NC max.
Despite the speed boost the vanu max will still be targetable by any on with some skill.

"My three Barrels will be the last thing you see; or maybe you won't" UssKirov

Screw System requirements I'm running Ps on a 8mgb video card with a 28k connection. And incase you are wondering i am the asshole stuck in the respawn tube, so?

Old 2002-12-23, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

The MAXs aren't really for dueling. Everyone seems to bring up MAX vs MAX examples. These MAXs are used to fulfill certain objectives. Sure they might encounter eachother sometimes but you aren't going to go around and see heavies dueling everywhere. The Vanu MAXs jets are going to be very handy for certain situations and by no means is it overrated at all. The TR and NC ones will be very good at other situations. Once again they are situational armors and they aren't as versatile in combat as other ones. The main test is to see how they pan out in combat and the only way we'll get to see how effective they are in combat is by playing the game. Hopefully that's soon.
Old 2002-12-23, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by darkfireknight2
I think the VS max's jumping ability is over rated. Its not going to fly forever ( as some people seem to think) shure it will be good for getting behind TR max's but the jumpjet will have to reacharge and once it lands it will be fair game for the nearest AV wepon or NC max.
Despite the speed boost the vanu max will still be targetable by any on with some skill.
Oh so you've played this game? Cool! Hey can you tell me how is the speed effect, like when you hop into a wraith do you seem to go way faster then in a lightning? Oh also how many certs did you start with?
Old 2002-12-23, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Dio play nice, I understand you're upset the your MAX is toast when it gets up close, but you just have to bunny hop all day. It'll be ok.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion