E-Sports and War Journalists... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-09-14, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
FullMetalDom
Private

E-Sports and War Journalists...

I've come across the idea of PS2 e-sports a few times and different forms that it might take. It lead me to the idea that gamers might like to watch a little PS2 at some stage via a cast. I understand that there 'may' be ways to facilitate this, and I have an alternative to add to the mix that might add an additional element to gameplay.

As everyone knows, journalism during and within a war informs the sides who is in control, where action is occuring and how the general effort is going.

So what does everyone think of:
A - adding a utility kit or cert that allows use of camera drones for recording and broadcasting footage. Perhaps drones could be attached to other players for over the shoulder footage (think Gears of War)
B - adding an entire journalist class with amnesty privileges that deter (but not stop) enemy factions from attacking by applying resource deduction. Obviously such a class would only be able to broadcast and not capture, kill or in any way influence the battles themselves.
C - a combination of the above two.
D - a kit for casters that allows them to drop in on a server as a journalist or drone, invisible, impervious to harm and otherwise able to do their job without interfering at all.

I'm not really fussed and none of these options will affect gameplay drastically (unless you attempted to assault a base behind a wall of journalists... thinking flying duck)

Anyway, thoughts, criticisms, expansions, etc are welcome.
Old 2012-09-15, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: E-Sports and War Journalists...

Camera cert? It does not add to the gameplay at all, why would you spend hard earned certs on it. This is a war game, not a Paparazzi simulator. And if you want to know which map has control of the most territory, just pull out the damn map. I might be reading your post wrong, but an entire class dedicated to recording battles sounds like some kind of a joke devs would do on April 1st. There's already a way to record gameplay without having to sacrifice your gun for a freaking camera. But a deep spectator system is more then welcome. I would love to spectate when a server is full.

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-09-15 at 09:55 AM.
Old 2012-09-15, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gugabalog
Major

I like the idea of war reporting. They have the dev cam though and friday night ops.
Old 2012-09-15, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

A lot of people are knocking your idea, but I say why not. If you want a class that all he does is run around to watch battles, shit I see no harm in that. Especially with all the game coverage that is happening all across the internet. Players are making friggn epic movies already and this would only make their material better.

Does it add to gameplay? Sure it does, by reporting what is happening and what outfits are doing winning/losing etc... You can even make a war online magazine that keeps track of events. Eve online has this already.

Bottom line the more variety and options a player has the better.

+1 to your idea man, although not popular I can see the genius in this.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault