Dual wield pistols yes or no? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vote or die!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

View Poll Results: Dual wield pistols for PS2
Yes 15 14.71%
No 72 70.59%
Have to see it first in beta 15 14.71%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.13 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-03-21, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Hypevosa
Sergeant

Re: Dual wield pistols yes or no?

Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
The very last game play footage in Higby's interview with gametrailers shows someone getting killed. I could hear the Repeater pistol fire 3 times and the person was dead (Light Assault).
Yeah, the repeater already features the 3 round burst, I see no reason to think dual wielding that would ever be really feasible.
Old 2012-03-21, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hypevosa View Post
Yeah, the repeater already features the 3 round burst, I see no reason to think dual wielding that would ever be really feasible.
What about the other 2 teams that aren't TR ? unless they all have 3 round burst or something else that makes there pistol special, I know vs can side grade so they have recharging ammo but not sure what NC has that's special other then a larger caliber shot
Old 2012-03-21, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Garem
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
Honestly, I just think it's absurd. I won't be bothered very greatly if it's implemented, but I'd rather they not invest any time or resources implementing and balancing something so blatantly absurd and fashion oriented.
Perfectly stated.

Substance over style, imo.
Old 2012-03-22, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks silly, costs money and time to implement, and raises balance issues. Thumbs down.
Old 2012-03-25, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Hoodlum
Corporal

Maybe dual wielding would be perfect for a cloaker as it fits the role since they wont have SMG's or shotguns, thoughts ?
Old 2012-03-25, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
Maybe dual wielding would be perfect for a cloaker as it fits the role since they wont have SMG's or shotguns, thoughts ?
They have said Cloakers will have SMGs, and are or where experimenting with Shotguns lol
Old 2012-03-25, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Ruwyn
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
They have said Cloakers will have SMGs, and are or where experimenting with Shotguns lol
LOL...wow. Cloaking just got easier if they allow me to have a full on shotgun. Can't be any more revealing then the NC pistol.
Old 2012-03-26, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
Really, when did they say this ? That kinda sounds bad I don't like the idea that so many classes all have SMG and possibly a shotgun
Old 2012-03-26, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Really, when did they say this ? That kinda sounds bad I don't like the idea that so many classes all have SMG and possibly a shotgun
According to the class week (which I think is the most recent we've got) Infils pick between sniper rifle and "battle rifle" which I presume to be some sort of SMG/carbine style thing. The shotgun was a comment from one of SOE's webcasts I think. They weren't sure whether they'd actually do that, but were experimenting with it in alpha.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
According to the class week (which I think is the most recent we've got) Infils pick between sniper rifle and "battle rifle" which I presume to be some sort of SMG/carbine style thing. The shotgun was a comment from one of SOE's webcasts I think. They weren't sure whether they'd actually do that, but were experimenting with it in alpha.
I thought cloakers were pistols .... I think having an SMG with range and being invis could be very strong, possibly too much
Old 2012-03-26, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I thought cloakers were pistols .... I think having an SMG with range and being invis could be very strong, possibly too much
They seem to have it set up as a tradeoff. They said for example that an infiltrator carrying a sniper rifle would be compromising on his ability to cloak, leaving him more visible and able to cloak only for short periods. So by logical extension a cloaker with a battle rifle might have a better but still not perfect cloak, while a cloaker who opts to take only a pistol could be almost undetectable and able to cloak indefinately.

It will probably see a lot of balance passes in beta, but I think it can be balanced.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Arius
Corporal

If they implement it, I think the pistols should both be half the damage per pistol, so that when you dual wield you still do normal damage.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Hypevosa
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Arius View Post
If they implement it, I think the pistols should both be half the damage per pistol, so that when you dual wield you still do normal damage.
Doesn't get much more unrealistic than magic bullets that decrease in damage when others of the same type are nearby.
Old 2012-03-27, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Arius
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hypevosa View Post
Doesn't get much more unrealistic than magic bullets that decrease in damage when others of the same type are nearby.
Are you saying floating tanks are realistic?
Old 2012-03-27, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Hoodlum
Corporal

Originally Posted by Arius View Post
Are you saying floating tanks are realistic?
Yes but there floating because of tech backing them up, but why would 2 seperate guns do less damage together ?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault