Equipment/Weapon slots, more than two sizes this time? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So THIS is why kids fail school......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-27, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Equipment/Weapon slots, more than two sizes this time?

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Right clicking puts it instantly in your inventory. Sure it may seem cumbersome if you don't use all the functionality.

They could fix a few things but overall it's perfect.
You've still got to clear anything that would be in it's way out first. Sure, I've had worse but there are also many better out there.
Your definition of perfect is rather broad.

on reading it again it makes perfect sense although it's nonsense
wat

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2011-07-27 at 12:23 PM.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bags
Lieutenant General

I meant the idea was perfect, but the implementation could be slightly improved.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Totally agree with you on your reasoning, and your solution (although mine is slightly different.
Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Agile:

Rexo:

However I don't think PS2 will even have holsters, let alone inventories at all. It sounds to me as if it will be a more BFBC2 style system, where you choose your primary and secondary weapons, support tools, etc from a limited selection depending on your armour or class.
I think where pretty much on the same page here
as an example, I did a slightly different version of what you had in mind, bit I've no problems with how version looks
Old 2011-07-27, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
dm Akolyte
Corporal

I've been thinking about the same thing OP.

Additionally, what would be cool is if some weapon addons contributed to the 'size' of the weapon.
So you could add a silencer and extended mags to a MA rifle, but that would make it primary sized.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by dm Akolyte View Post
I've been thinking about the same thing OP.

Additionally, what would be cool is if some weapon addons contributed to the 'size' of the weapon.
So you could add a silencer and extended mags to a MA rifle, but that would make it primary sized.
I think he intended on the medium size slot being more of the primary slot for rifles and shotgun type of weapons. Then the large slot being more of your HA or AV slot, where the bazooka class weapons and mass casualty producing weapons would go.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Totally agree with you on your reasoning, and your solution (although mine is slightly different.
Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Agile:

Rexo:

However I don't think PS2 will even have holsters, let alone inventories at all. It sounds to me as if it will be a more BFBC2 style system, where you choose your primary and secondary weapons, support tools, etc from a limited selection depending on your armour or class.
Exactly spot on. I suggested that awhile back when I also suggested Adv Rexo (5 certs Rexo +Adv Rexo). Adv Rexo would basically be today's Rexo with another 3x9 inventory space.

Old 2011-07-27, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Bags
Lieutenant General

If they made Rexo cost 8 certs I'd just drop advanced medical and hacking for it.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-27 at 01:30 PM.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
wildcat140679
Sergeant

I take it you don't play Planetside? I was on last night trying to take a tower from the NC... the scatmax is still plenty scary.

Sorry that your max doesn't allow you to kill multiple people at the same time! Sounds like you think everyone having HA/AV is unbalanced because they can kill you. And what strange world do you live in where having HA/AV is having "everything"?
Sorry if I have to disappoint you, but I still play PlanetSide and sadly that strange world that seems to be alien to you, is my daily surroundings when I log in to Planetside. Also, where in my description, did you get the general idea I'm a MAX-unit user? Sadly I'm the guy along those other HA/AV users who switched to an decent AV weapon to properly greet the MAX with a Decimator.

A MAX units is still an though opponent to face, but with that many troops around you who are packing AV, they go down a whole lot faster than my early days of Planetside, where AV was lacking and people were not able to carry both due to lack of certification points.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by wildcat140679 View Post
A MAX units is still an though opponent to face, but with that many troops around you who are packing AV, they go down a whole lot faster than my early days of Planetside, where AV was lacking and people were not able to carry both due to lack of certification points.
yes like you said many troops around you. If you face a MAX one on one it should be a fairish fight with the advantage depending on the range it starts at.
If one MAX finds 3-4 troops at once they should die fast. 1 on 4 no matter the armour people should die.
If that MAX is every able to chew 3-4 people up at once then we've got a severe issue (and tbh splatters can already do that in decent hands)
Old 2011-07-27, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Bags
Lieutenant General

Sorry if I have to disappoint you, but I still play PlanetSide and sadly that strange world that seems to be alien to you, is my daily surroundings when I log in to Planetside. Also, where in my description, did you get the general idea I'm a MAX-unit user? Sadly I'm the guy along those other HA/AV users who switched to an decent AV weapon to properly greet the MAX with a Decimator.

As it should be. If you want maxes to go toe to toe with multiple AV users then it should cost far more than three certs.

Remove my AV and I'll just destroy maxes with AP bullets, so whatever.

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
yes like you said many troops around you. If you face a MAX one on one it should be a fairish fight with the advantage depending on the range it starts at.
If one MAX finds 3-4 troops at once they should die fast. 1 on 4 no matter the armour people should die.
If that MAX is every able to chew 3-4 people up at once then we've got a severe issue (and tbh splatters can already do that in decent hands)
yay

The power of a max comes through teamwork. If I hear a scattermax, I pull AV. So you pull up next to the max with your JH and waste me and my friends.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-27 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Maybe if they could make it akin to how you can manage an assortment of weapons like in Mass Effect where you can carry a AT or "heavy weapon" then two supporting weapons and pistols but I would prefer the aforementioned solution..
Old 2011-07-27, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Logit
Second Lieutenant

As long as they allowed more favorites I see no problem with tweaking how it was done from the original, rather than remove it all together.
Old 2011-07-27, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
wildcat140679
Sergeant

If I hear a scattermax, I pull AV. So you pull up next to the max with your JH and waste me and my friends.
Sorry to disappoint you again, but that little purple icon the upper right corner means I don't use JH or MCG's. In the early days of Planetside the Lasher might have done the job to waist you and your friends, but nowadays, it's a joke. But that`s a different debate.
Old 2011-07-27, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Redshift
Major

Sorry to disappoint you again, but that little purple icon the upper right corner means I don't use JH or MCG's. In the early days of Planetside the Lasher might have done the job to waist you and your friends, but nowadays, it's a joke. But that`s a different debate.
yea hopefully they'll redisgn that POS for PS2 :P
The thing either sucked solo or owned in a group there was no middle ground ^_^
Old 2011-07-27, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Aractain
Major

I hope the new lasher is like unicorn magic. A vanu solider could have a emitter on his helmet and strains his head towards the target and concetrates REALLY hard. The target would then glow.

Thats about the same effect as when I used the lasher last, so...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion