An Ode to Morons - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Seriously dude... Where's my Harasser?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-27, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Kaymon
6 boomers and a jammer got my point across.

Old 2004-03-27, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

To paraphrase Johnathan Gaberiel, "multi player online games are great except for the other players."
Old 2004-03-27, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

People in almost every situation that will run in front of everyone else like goobers just to get that one kill, If i'm shooting at a few enemys and some idiot does this, I usually finish him myself, because he doesn't deserve the pleasure of a frag.
Old 2004-03-27, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Idiots get no mercy from me, I've OSed a hillside of our own idiots before...

I got a hatetell from only one guy though, and he a VS CR4 about to do the same hehe...

Old 2004-03-28, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
flypengy
Master Sergeant

I've used the flail on occasion and have tk'd a total of one person.

Most people that use it are generally stupid. I would be very happy if they removed the flail. It isn't used like it was intended, it is a rampant grief weapon, and it has the ability to singlehandedly camp a tower with the people inside having no possible way to destroy it.
Old 2004-03-28, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Being a TR on Emerald; I've got a bookfull of stupidity given and taken by my "friendly" troops.

Sigh. I'd start it, but there would be at least 7 forum pages devoted to this, and I don't feel like spamming and getting on the Mods bad side.

Trump card = TR CR5's (for the most part)
Have you killed your crappy neighborhood CR5 lately?

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-03-28, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

It certainly would not hurt my feelings if the flail was removed. In skilled hands it's an effective long range weapon, but in unskilled hands it's a huge grief machine for the user and a hazard to whatever offense/defense the user's empiremates are attempting.
Old 2004-03-28, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I won't defend your particular case, but there are times that friendlies cause their own problems. I have used the flail before. I was at distance, depending on my spotter. We had been pounding the base for a few minutes, with some success. Then I send another series of shots (all going to the same area), and bam, 2nd shot nets me 4 friendly kills. Now personally, if a flail is working a base, I don't run up to the area he is firing at, until someone gets word to em. Problem is, some of these folks don't have a clue how to contact a CR5 to continent spam the "cease fire, we are about to storm the base".

My solutions, allow the flail target spots to be partially visible to everyone (maybe a thin red line like OS targeting).

Another would be a /flail type tell command that would spam anyone in a flail. Your about to take base x, just send a "/flail we are about to enter base X, please hold fire".

A more drastic option, make the flail unable to fire WITHOUT a spotter. To compensate, allow anyone with a laze to coordinate as temp fire team so you can see their spots (maybe a /finvite for spotting teams).

One last solution, spawn the flail, then park deploy it (like a router). Make the driver the only person able to get the Laze pointer (and only from that vehicle). Then, force the driver to laze targets himself. He would have to set the laze point first, then click the fire button (add to laze). If he wants to change the aim, set a new laze point (old one disappears immediately). This would cut down on spamming (and would give infiltrators a new role of flail hacking).

Anyway, just thought I would throw out a thoughts.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-03-28, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by KIAsan

A more drastic option, make the flail unable to fire WITHOUT a spotter. To compensate, allow anyone with a laze to coordinate as temp fire team so you can see their spots (maybe a /finvite for spotting teams).

Old 2004-03-28, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TheN00b
Colonel

I like this idea:

Another would be a /flail type tell command that would spam anyone in a flail. Your about to take base x, just send a "/flail we are about to enter base X, please hold fire".
But this idea would probably be more effective:

Old 2004-03-28, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Getting run over

Old 2004-03-28, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Flails should have a guiding shot, they were going to put one in and nixed it, what it did , is it was a shot that does no damage, but it gives you a nose view of the shot, kinda like shooting a pheonix or deci in 2ndary mode. That way they could see what they were hitting, and whether or not they were gonna hit friendlies

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-28, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

One last solution, spawn the flail, then park deploy it (like a router). Make the driver the only person able to get the Laze pointer (and only from that vehicle). Then, force the driver to laze targets himself. He would have to set the laze point first, then click the fire button (add to laze). If he wants to change the aim, set a new laze point (old one disappears immediately). This would cut down on spamming (and would give infiltrators a new role of flail hacking).
I like that one...

Old 2004-03-28, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

i still say we get rid of the flail. But we might as well live with it cause they will never take it out.(unless we go down to SOE and kill the devs) WHOS WITH ME GET THE DEVS.

But that /flail idea isnt all that bad. CR5s should be able to shut down friendly flails at will.

Old 2004-03-29, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

But if we kill the dev, who's going to make PS any better? You?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion