Conintent defence idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We do enjoy our work
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-24, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Conintent defence idea

Hi, I can't make the proper forum work so I thought I'd post it here and let somebody else post it on the main forum if they think its good enough.

Basically idea is that when a empire is say 2 or 3 bases away from capping a zone (it could depend on the amount cap points in a base as to how many its worth so could be 5 or 6 with a single cap point) a timer starts giving them say 1 hour to finish up. If they don't manage it the other 2 empires get the exp for the lock instead of at least 1/2-3/4 of it.

This way people would be encouraged to defend, right now people just defend for the exp of fighting somebody who way outnumbers them but most people seem to avoid each other and lock the continents other people aren't at.

The actual time and number of bases would obviously need tweaking but it would definitely help make people fight a bit more.
Old 2013-06-24, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Re: Conintent defence idea

Nice idea. But it still doesn't really solve the issue of population imbalance, which is probably the biggest issue that PS2 faces today.

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Hi, I can't make the proper forum work so I thought I'd post it here and let somebody else post it on the main forum if they think its good enough.

Basically idea is that when a empire is say 2 or 3 bases away from capping a zone (it could depend on the amount cap points in a base as to how many its worth so could be 5 or 6 with a single cap point) a timer starts giving them say 1 hour to finish up. If they don't manage it the other 2 empires get the exp for the lock instead of at least 1/2-3/4 of it.

This way people would be encouraged to defend, right now people just defend for the exp of fighting somebody who way outnumbers them but most people seem to avoid each other and lock the continents other people aren't at.

The actual time and number of bases would obviously need tweaking but it would definitely help make people fight a bit more.
Old 2013-06-24, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
PredatorFour
Major

I don't know how your going to solve population imbalance. The old game had it and had a cool system where you got loads of xp for fighting against the odds. I recall the VS being on average the most underpopped empire but we got some great xp fighting against bigger numbers. Funnily enough, the TR were always well popped, possibly the most popped like they are now in PS 2. Maybe its cos alot of people like the colour red

But for the OP, once we get more conts and continental linking, we will see more emphasis on defending i'm sure. Or farming, after all this game is a massive farming simulator.
Old 2013-06-24, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
War Barney
Sergeant Major

The idea isn't really to solve the population imbalance its to stop people thinking *oh god they are capping that continent so lets go cap this empty one for easy exp*. What people SHOULD think is *oh god they are capping that continent, lets go stop em for big exp!*
Old 2013-06-24, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

If you want to encourage defense, boost the defense XP or make it so a successful defense gets a chunk of XP (say if it gets past 1/4 of the way to a cap and is recovered). So say defenders get +20% XP and then 400 XP for a successful defense (major; less for minor). Then, make more bases like South Saurva.

For pop imbalance- take the population gap and mulitiply it by 3 for bonus XP then give x1 for the continent. If VS has 38% and TR has 25% and its 33%-26% on Amerish, TR get +39% XP in general and +7% on Amerish for a total of +46%.

This would give +66% XP to TR defending on Amerish with a possible bonus of 664 XP for a defense. VS would get +0% but have a prize of 1000 XP for a major base capture. If the TR make a counter offensive, then they can get a prize of 1460 XP.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion