PlanetSiders/Tribers? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet Saddam plays PS beta.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-21, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
BurningSpear
Corporal

Originally posted by BaD
Lol, i heard about that whole classic mod so i found my t2 cd in some box and reinstalled plus spent hours patching just to find out the only changed was...spawn favs...omfg.

AuTo|BaD
Not quite sure you played the classic mod. There's no spawn favs in classic. The difference is VERY apparent. Its called classic for a reason. They brought back the phyics of T1, as well as disc-jumping and mine-disking. The speed is very similar to T1.

Anyway, again, all I wanted to do with this thread was see who in the Planetside universe plays Tribes. I guess I achieved that. Oh well.
Old 2003-02-21, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

Originally posted by BaD
Lol, i heard about that whole classic mod so i found my t2 cd in some box and reinstalled plus spent hours patching just to find out the only changed was...spawn favs...omfg.

Sure t2 has more and better graphics, but for a fps its a little, too pretty? IMO they spent too much time working on the graphics than they did the actual gameplay :/ Ide play tribes 1 over tribes 2 anyday because its just more fun to play.

AuTo|BaD
You sure you weren't in like a minrabbit game or something? go play classic CTF. The physics are completely revamped. It's basically T1 physics with T2 graphics. Glad to see you know nothing about what you're talking about.
Old 2003-02-21, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I played T2 religiously for, god, i can't remember how long. I stopped playing around six months ago after my tribe broke up. (i just recently learned they reformed, but so many of the core players left it wouldn't be the same.) I mainly played Mechina 1.0 (not whatever that new mechina crap is) with some TAC2 and the odd round of Tank Artillery or base for a change of pace.
Old 2003-02-21, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
BaD
Private

Originally posted by BLuE_ZeRO
You sure you weren't in like a minrabbit game or something? go play classic CTF. The physics are completely revamped. It's basically T1 physics with T2 graphics. Glad to see you know nothing about what you're talking about.
It was classis ctf, played on katabak and some other map, i was spawning in the armor i used as opposed to spawning standard and needing an invo every single time i died. As far as the physics...i witnessed none and it did not remind me of the supposed "classic" tribes 1. Its not like i spent all day there, maybe an hour and well it still sucked :/ Frankly if you think tribes 2 beats out tribes 1 then well, glad to see you nothing about what your talking about...

To each his own, if i wanted to someone to get into tribes id give them the original and id tell everyone i know not to play tribes 2 because they would be dissapointed, i would say most people that play tribes 2 are people who never played tribes 1, so they know not what theyre missing.

AuTo|BaD
Old 2003-02-21, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

If you were playing in a classic CTF server Practice Mod must have been on. That is a new addition to the game with the coming of the classic mod. It allows you to spawn in favorites or spawn vehicles from "spawn pads". As for the physics, they are completely different from the standard T2 physics. They are much like Tribes 1 but not exactly.

I did play Tribes 1 and it was a great game but I don't miss it. I thought Tribes 2 was fine the way it was but alot of people who played Tribes 1 wanted that Tribes 1 feeling. They wanted everything faster. First came the Base ++ mod which sped some of the physics up and then Classic mod rolled out. There is a very noticeable difference between classic and standard base. I suggest playing it again and take a closer look at it because you obviously missed something.
Old 2003-02-21, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I pubbed in T2 for about 6 months. I hadn't played T1, and I spent the first month and a half getting slaughtered repeatedly. I got to be pretty proficient driving the tank, bomber, and havoc. Disn't spend too much time shriking.
Old 2003-02-21, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I play T2 an it doesn't suck. It had problems, but now they're all gone (Good thing I got it a month before the final update ). And don't get dissy bout it, for Shrikes rule all!!!!!!

But then, PlanetSide will soon reveal its wraith. PS all the way!

......... ............

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-02-22, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
TheRedDread
Private

Originally posted by chaingun
hah. firecracker is bsing. If you were in the smurfs, then you weren't in 5150. For those of you who don't know, 5150 was like THE best team in t2. Just the way you type gives it away that you were never apart of 5150.
5150 sucked at Tribes.
Old 2003-02-22, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Minion-
Private

still playing t2 under the same name, member of pendragon
Old 2003-02-22, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Flynd
Private

wtf is that [foo]Minion?
Old 2003-02-22, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Minion-
Private

nope
Old 2003-02-22, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Yogi
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by BaD

So in other words you didn't try it at all. Because if you had, you'd know what was changed, and that wasn't one of them (unless your server was running in practice mode).

[ Inquisition - Team Captain | Tribalwar PHP Guru | F*ck Duke ]
Old 2003-02-22, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
KabuX
Private

I only played Tribes 1, when Tribes 2 came out my computer couldn't handle it. Just recently my friend loaded up T2 and played the classic mod and i watch him fool around on it. The game looked the same, skiing and all, but i havn't played in so long i think i forgot how it was.

It was fun lookin at all the old maps tho.
Old 2003-02-23, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Zoolooman
Corporal

Old 2003-02-23, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Vmaxx
Private

cant we all just get along
i dont remember the topic saying tribes vs tribes2 ?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion