my idea of why the NC dont have much of a backing - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Loading Virus
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-28, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Stalefish
Corporal

You guys don't realize that this is the future, everything is futurized, no wires, no worries. You're right though, it probably can't be guided forever, so you'd have to be reasonably close.

Maybe one shot is good enough to take out any target. That would be a really good trade off, that no matter what you hit (as long as it's a vehicle or person or something) is going to die, but you wouldn't be able to use it again so you'd have to fight any friends the unit had around it.
Old 2002-12-28, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

One of the advantages since you guide the Pheonix to its target is you can also use it to scout out the enemy around the targeted area. You can also dumbfire the Pheonix so you don't have to stick around for the impact. It's just nice to have a weapon like this that takes skill to use ( not saying that the rest of the weapons do or don't need skill ) and be more precise with a weapon of that magnitude versus lock on, ( fire and forget weapons ), or the old stand by spamming with dumb fire weapons.
Old 2002-12-28, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Camping Carl
Major

What about the phoenix's range? If I remember corectly, a while back a dev posted on these boards, and said "If you ever get killed from 2 miles away by a phoenix missle, that's me." I don't know if that distance is the truth, but I wonder if hamma ever encountered someone using phoenix's when he got to play?

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-28, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

I'll start a new thread asking about the range on the Pheonix.
Old 2002-12-28, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

TWO MILES??????? WHO NEEDS SNIPERS??? I hope that's not true, otherwise theres going to be a whole new class of sniper/spammer/pheonixers. I hope these things are fast as all get out, and tough to steer.

(Thankyou yet again for edit hamma)

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum

Last edited by Navaron; 2002-12-28 at 07:37 PM.
Old 2002-12-28, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Pkay
trust me the phoenix can reload
Oh well that's all the proof i need!

Well i guess the phoenix will own all the other missile weapons then, case closed. Lock this thread.

Old 2002-12-28, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Camping Carl
Major

Jealous?

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-28, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

of?

Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-28, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
�io
Lieutenant General

No i'm all for people who give such concrete evidence that we can now close this thread. No need to debate it any longer!
Old 2002-12-28, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Okay Pkay,

If you say so then I guess that means thats the case. I do remember reading this, "If you ever get killed from 2 miles away by a phoenix missle, that's me." somewhere, but at the time I didn't realise what that was. Where's chicken little when you need him. The sky is falling.

Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-28, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
�io
Lieutenant General

For more concrete proof about the Phoenix's payload read my previous post or check the official site, the phoenix has the same refire rate has the Decimator (i.e. None) while the Stirker has a medium refire rate.

As for the 2 miles comment i remember reading it too but i'm sure the dev was just exagerating for effect.
Old 2002-12-28, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Camping Carl
Major

Yeah I suspected that he was exagerating, but it would be nice to know for sure. It would be a tad imbalanced if it was 2 miles.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-28, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Pkay
With the Phoenix and Decimator you shoot once you have to re-load in order to fire it again meaning you cannot refire the weapon.
Check the Decimator's description, it's a fire once only. If the Phoenix had more than 1 missile it would have a refire rate like the Striker.
Old 2002-12-28, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Stalefish
Corporal

I'm all for Dio's previous post on closing this thread, this is getting rediculous.

How tough will it be to get new ammo for the Phoenix? If it's amazingly tough then it wouldn't matter about the range, you could let people fly the thing all the way around the world if they only get one shot and won't be able to fire another for a while. (In case anyone's wondering, that is an exaggeration). The fact that it can't reload (and I don't really care what you say Pkay because it sounds to me like you really have no idea what you're talking about) is set in stone on the info page where it says Not Applicable meaning it's like the bigass cannon in Red Faction that respawns every hour but kills everything it sees in one shot. That won't be the case with the phoenix, because it can't shoot anything big enough to do that much damage.

Why are these ending up as debates instead of suggestions? Hamma's the only one that can debate, he's the massa monkey. Don't argue, just suggest, in a smart way.

Edit: Now that I think about it though, Pkay might be correct in that Reload vs Refire thing, but if that were the case then a soldier should only be able to carry around 5. Whatever, I know as much about it as most other people. I'm just talking now.

Last edited by Stalefish; 2002-12-28 at 08:36 PM.
Old 2002-12-28, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Why do you think you know so much? I'm not flaming, but you sure are dead set in your ways? Are you someone special (ie have you played the game)? I'm going out on a limb, but I don't think you know, neither do I. Stop.

Apply|Contact|Forum
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion