PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look religious, the Nuns are comming.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2015-10-08, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Chord
Private

Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture

Originally Posted by KingFeraligatr View Post
Ignoring all the false accusations against me, I'm also open to testing things. I don't play everyday and I'm far from BR 40, CR 5; but I think my massive amount of alts and my main of BR 27, CR 3 will be able to get a lot of things tested. I just need t figure out how to send the data to you. Also, there's the problem we can't easily test the Cave weapons and vehicles and BFRs easily due to Core Combat not working (thr most reasonable theory I heard is that we are on perma-trial accounts, so that's why it doesn't work.). This also prevents the testing of other Cave related things.
You don't have to be top ranked. I was just wanted to get some of the cooler CR5 features, but that only has to be done once.

I wouldn't worry about capturing all of the weapons as Logit seems to be working on that. Maybe do some more exotic things in the list above.
Don't worry about sending the data to me just yet. I'll make an online submission when I get the chance.
Old 2015-10-08, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Chord View Post
Thanks for putting in the time towards the project! Please make sure you are writing a good description / title when saving capture files. Otherwise, figuring out what was captured will take more time. Also if I'm trying to capture specific features I usually make a dedicated capture for that. It's not required and it's definitely more work, but it could help later on. Hold on to those capture files. I'll eventually make a way to submit them to psforever.net.

Hows the capture tool working for you so far? Any crashes / unhanded exceptions? There was one I was getting really regularly, but I haven't released the fix (1.0.0.1) yet

As for meeting up, this week isn't the best, but I could possibly do Sunday. Let me know some times you're available in PM.
I only put in a small session, an hour or so, but the program ran fine.

Now that i know what to focus on I will do those. Questions

Is there any reason to roam continents in a plane?
Is there any reason to roam conts at all?
Are the best things to grab actual interactions in the game?
Should I kill myself? In various ways? Maybe sometimes hilariously?
I'd imagine anytime I do or receive dmg in anyway it's good for the project.
Combat Engineering. Is it worthwhile to simply lay it out? Or does it need to attack or kill something to be useful?

EDIT:

Is there any reason to do something more than twice?

Last edited by Logit; 2015-10-08 at 04:42 PM.
Old 2015-10-08, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Chord
Private

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
I only put in a small session, an hour or so, but the program ran fine.

Now that i know what to focus on I will do those. Questions

Is there any reason to roam continents in a plane?
Is there any reason to roam conts at all?
Are the best things to grab actual interactions in the game?
Should I kill myself? In various ways? Maybe sometimes hilariously?
I'd imagine anytime I do or receive dmg in anyway it's good for the project.
Combat Engineering. Is it worthwhile to simply lay it out? Or does it need to attack or kill something to be useful?

EDIT:

Is there any reason to do something more than twice?
Roaming around isn't a bad idea, but I wouldn't explicitly do it. Just let it happen naturally. Killing yourself isn't something that I would say is interesting more than once. Receiving damage is good and unless we can find damage / stats tables for all of the weapons we're going to have to do this manually. I do believe they are stored on the client somewhere considering ROF and no-reload hacks are possible. PSForever would have these tables on the server side as well to check the client.

For Combat engineering, laying it out and having it activate is important. Anything you believe the server must be doing (i.e if multiple people can see it happening) is stuff we need to capture. For example, the spitfires and wall turrets essentially have an "aimbot" running them on the server. Recording the movements of the turrets would could help us to reverse engineer this.

One interesting thing we could do on sunday is to get a liberator and have the driver bail, activating the auto-land sequence. I believe that's a server side routine.

I wouldn't go out of your way to do things twice.
Old 2015-10-09, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Ryathorz
Private

Receiving damage is good and unless we can find damage / stats tables for all of the weapons we're going to have to do this manually.
I can provide you with the base damage values for most weapons in the game - I have a backup of the stats pages made back in the day by Tippis, DDS250 (a quite extensive Japanese site), and some of the damage degradation charts made by Quovatis.
Old 2015-10-09, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
hofd
Private

that's really cool, I will help and save a lot of packets as TR see you in game
Old 2015-10-09, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Ryathorz
Private

The Japanese site is actually still online -
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~dds250/p...r.html#SOLDIER

Note that while the lasher is listed as 29 damage per shot it is actually 30, with severe range degradation.
Weapon range of the projectiles (tank shells, aurora, etc) were limited in part by projectile life - around 4 seconds I think.

The tippis files are no longer available online to my knowledge so i'd have to zip them up and email them on.

Some of the weapons have slightly unusual behaviour. The comet used to inflict different amounts of damage if you landed multiple hits in a short time span (probably some kind of bug in the burn code). It doesn't appear to do that on the daybreak server, though i'm unsure if that has resulted in the current comet being equal to the best of the old versions output, or the worst.

The vanu plasma mortar is also bugged in a somewhat unusual way - the hitcheck and damage source are offset from one another so when the bolt sticks in the ground the radiation origin is some distance below the surface (and below the visual effect), which is why you can often run across the area completely unharmed.

Last edited by Ryathorz; 2015-10-09 at 06:27 AM.
Old 2015-10-09, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
hofd
Private

So it works well ! I am trying to isolate some stuffs into packets but a massive fight will be more interesting

>Chord

For PSCap :
Can we have shorcuts for Capture and Saving?
Can you add a save mode after the metadata mode? I always forget to edit or save.

Are you interested to have some packets right now?
And what is the biggest size for a packet? no limit?

I think we need some schedule for testing regulary, like each sunday if people can. Toughts?
Old 2015-10-09, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Chord
Private

Originally Posted by Ryathorz View Post
I can provide you with the base damage values for most weapons in the game - I have a backup of the stats pages made back in the day by Tippis, DDS250 (a quite extensive Japanese site), and some of the damage degradation charts made by Quovatis.
Originally Posted by hofd View Post
that's really cool, I will help and save a lot of packets as TR see you in game
Sounds good. We'll try for this Sunday.

Originally Posted by Ryathorz View Post
The Japanese site is actually still online -
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~dds250/p...r.html#SOLDIER

Note that while the lasher is listed as 29 damage per shot it is actually 30, with severe range degradation.
Weapon range of the projectiles (tank shells, aurora, etc) were limited in part by projectile life - around 4 seconds I think.

The tippis files are no longer available online to my knowledge so i'd have to zip them up and email them on.

Some of the weapons have slightly unusual behaviour. The comet used to inflict different amounts of damage if you landed multiple hits in a short time span (probably some kind of bug in the burn code). It doesn't appear to do that on the daybreak server, though i'm unsure if that has resulted in the current comet being equal to the best of the old versions output, or the worst.

The vanu plasma mortar is also bugged in a somewhat unusual way - the hitcheck and damage source are offset from one another so when the bolt sticks in the ground the radiation origin is some distance below the surface (and below the visual effect), which is why you can often run across the area completely unharmed.
Glad to know someone has done a lot of the work already! If you can, please send those files to chord (at) tuta.io

Originally Posted by hofd View Post
So it works well ! I am trying to isolate some stuffs into packets but a massive fight will be more interesting

>Chord

For PSCap :
Can we have shorcuts for Capture and Saving?
Can you add a save mode after the metadata mode? I always forget to edit or save.

Are you interested to have some packets right now?
And what is the biggest size for a packet? no limit?

I think we need some schedule for testing regulary, like each sunday if people can. Toughts?
Sure I'll make a shortcut for Capturing. Saving will be the standard Ctrl+S.
What do you mean you forget to edit and save? Doesn't the tool prompt you when you are about to exit or start a new capture that you haven't saved?

If you mean specific packets, not particularly. A lot of coding needs to be done before I can say which ones we really need. If you mean capture files, hold on to them until I make an online submission.

There is no capture size limit! Capture away.

A regular schedule would be good. Sundays might be the prime time for us.
Old 2015-10-09, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Ryathorz
Private

Glad to know someone has done a lot of the work already! If you can, please send those files to chord (at) tuta.io
I've sent the tippis web pages and damage deg images to the address.
If you don't recieve them i'll try from a different email.

The lasher in the tippis docs is the old mk1. The projectile speed of the mk3 is 60m/s IIRC.

To the best of my knowledge all bullet weapons use the same damage falloff as shown in the chart for the MCG/gauss/cycler - dropping 75% in damage between 75m and 200m - but that would have to be verified in-game.

I don't know what kind of curve the quasar uses, and i've got nothing for the turrets but I recall the drop-off was quite severe.
Old 2015-10-11, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
hofd
Private

I can't log anymore with the launcher,
the console under show me this :
Failed to gather initial session: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the secure channel SSL / TLS.
With the skip, I can start up PS, but my computer can't show the active program at the bottom bar.If I insist with right click, it show me this

Fyi, I played afternoon, it worked and now it's 8 p.m. CEST.
So what about captures now :/ ?
edit : does not work with the launchpad tooo,it say the same message, is it only me?
ok false alert, it works fine now o

Last edited by hofd; 2015-10-11 at 01:26 PM.
Old 2015-10-12, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
The Hehateme
Private

loldrama (c) Oceili

Oh how I've missed this place. Hope everyone is well, and the project works out. Would love to use my sweepor again.
Old 2015-10-17, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Chord
Private

http://psforever.net is now up and running a forum!
Lets move all of the specific conversations over there.
Old 2015-10-17, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Try to copy and paste the chain of PSForever topics from here to there.

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2015-10-17, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Cant register properly. Have a quick check

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2015-10-19, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
Cant register properly. Have a quick check
its been fixed. we need you on the site helping out with wiki stuff and research.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion