Still ghost capping. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Need a light?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Assist
Contributor
Major

Still ghost capping.

Too many links, too many bases. Zergs still avoiding each other. At least from the 1.5 hrs I've played so far. Hopefully it changes, but I think there's still too many options open for players. VS defeated the TR at Hvar, TR left the entire north west, we're now capping all of north west indar. Nothing changed from the Hex system :|
Sad, but true.
Old 2013-05-22, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Still ghost capping.

Meanwhile, some PS2 players on the forums claim their small squads have just four links to use so they complain they can't ghost tactically, while a lot of others are glad there are finally big consistent fights.
Old 2013-05-22, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Noticed on Amerish that base capping was not possible when losing the sole connected base.

And on Indar the Crown and Ti Alloys are as popular as ever.
Old 2013-05-22, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Man, it's like the lattice didn't force battle flow in the first game.
Old 2013-05-22, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Noticed on Amerish that base capping was not possible when losing the sole connected base.

Its nice to know there are still consistancies in the universe.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mordelicius
Major

It will take a while to gauge the true effect of the Rush Lane system to the continental battle flow.

For example, TR stacked all their eggs driving down toward SE NC Warpgate in Indar and can't progress any further. Meanwhile, NC is counterattacking on the next lane going north while Vanu was pushing toward TR NW territories.

The Crown is horrible so far, much like in PTS. It's like an ordinary base now. It's a simple wipe and spawn camping But we'll see if there are still great battles to be had there.
Old 2013-05-22, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stew
Major

As long as the population will not be compeatly evenly spread across the lattice , youll get ghost capping its just how poples play

like the NC on indar was mainly almost exclusively figthing in the north while the VS was ghost capping pretty much anything on south west ... yeah
Old 2013-05-22, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I dono.

Up on the north east it could use another link or something. The Quartz/Excavation/CoraMed thing is brutal.

I like the huge battles...but some kind of behind the lines activity would be nice to have. Even just letting all links work, rather than the "must have all points for link" rule. It'd spread the zerg out just a bit.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dragonskin
Major

I'm saving my overall judgement for the lattice till later. I did see a lot of huge battles tonight though. I also saw NC dug in at Allatum Biolab with all the territory around it being VS or TR.....
Old 2013-05-22, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sifer2
Major

Lattice is doing it's job from what I have seen. It's consistently creating big battles. I think what you are experiencing is the TR relocating their forces to deal with the other faction. Which is an entirely separate issue. The Foothold system issue. A permanent 3 way war creates it's own strange silliness. Like forcing a faction to just give up land because they feel it's more important to save territory on their other front. If this were the traditional PS1 system 3 way fights would be the exception not the rule. The fight would be even more focused than it is now.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Falcon_br
Captain

Today the nc did a great defense at the howling pass checkpoint.
We needed to capture that base so we could continue to push south east on Indar.
They placed everyone there, lots of maxes and engineer, they even did a tank Zerg that we crushed in a few minutes.
We just took the base after the even was over because the NC didn't have to place all efforts there anymore.
The ammo pack were working, medics were healing, I don't recall the last time I participate in a large battle with no issues like today.
Well, we won the event with near 50%, but the best even was later, we got Amerish with almost 80%!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-05-23 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Misspelling.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Qwan
Captain

Yesterday was awesome on INDAR on the woodman server, we the VS had the continent benifits, the TR pushed down the west side of the map to our warp gate, and the NC were coming in from the east. They were so determined to lock us in that they forgot about there rear and the TR started taking territory from behind them. But we held them at Peris amp station, and even after the alert popped off on amerish, noboby left for amerish, to go take it, we all stayed on INDAR fighting it out, It was the biggest battle Id been in, in a while. I cant wait till this weekend.

I think that the lattice is working fine, but untill they get rid of warp gates and actually use the lattice to link the continents together, the full effect of the lattice cant be felt. For example (for those that never played PS1)the VS warp gate bubble would still be there, but its nuetral anyone can go into it and all weapons are locked (good for staging areas) when you do. So lets say that the NC pushed us into the warp gate and we lost all bases on INDAR and they took Highland substation, the lattice would connect to the warp gate and from this station go threw the warp gate to Amerish, and connect to a base on that continent. Hence giving the NC a link to that continent, to start hacking on amerish.

I wish I knew how they were going to do it or if they are going to do it, maybe they should bring back Sanctuarys and the H.A.R.T. (praying hoping they do) hmmmm I guess well find out.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Meanwhile, some PS2 players on the forums claim their small squads have just four links to use so they complain they can't ghost tactically, while a lot of others are glad there are finally big consistent fights.
I had this conversation in game with someone this morning; they were saying that there was no strategy to the game with the lattice. What they meant was that their ghost capping options were reduced, of course.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Not surprised about the Crown, when it has no less than 4 lattice links. Shoudl have been 2 or possibly 3, with no link to the north.
Old 2013-05-23, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Too many links, too many bases. Zergs still avoiding each other. At least from the 1.5 hrs I've played so far. Hopefully it changes, but I think there's still too many options open for players. VS defeated the TR at Hvar, TR left the entire north west, we're now capping all of north west indar. Nothing changed from the Hex system :|
Sad, but true.
True, but it's more about the server pop then anything. I was on at 9am, today the 23rd of Maj, and there where just not enough players online to cover all the bases. However this will change after 2pm when allot more gets online.

But even if you had enough to cover it's still up to the community to defend. If there is some retarded TR outfit leader that manage to convince the TR to only focus defense on one base there is no game mechanic in the world that would prevent ghost capping. And trust me those outfit leaders do exist on the TR side.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion