Owned - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is it ok if I donate my kids to PSU?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-09, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

you don't know how to die, I die in style, as in.....alot. I die more than I kill, because I never get a good sniping chance it seems, oh well
Old 2003-07-09, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cease
First Sergeant

Well I'm not trying to pee in anyones punchbowl, but this game really doesnt give the "winners" much bragging rights. I was off today, so I saw the whole ebb and flow of the population. Yeah the VS was hurting earlier. And as was stated, they were really low on population. NC at that time was the leader. Then VS's population gained some momentum and before you knew it there had 3 conitinents back incredibly quick.

NC is killing us Forseral right now. I've been there pretty much all night. But you know what? It wasn't tactics. It wasn't "elite skills" They did absolutely nothing ingenious or unpredictable. You just came at us head on. Chucka-blam-chucka-blam. And NC had 37 Percent pop pretty much the whole time while TR and VS had 32-34.

And I'm not bashing anyone. This isn't a JH rant. Its just the major flaw in this game. Tactics don't win -- population does. When TR is successful, its because we had the numbers and the enemy didnt. And I think the forthcoming Sanc stikes are a bad thing. Why? Because it forces you to defend your home continents. And on nights like tonight on Forseral there was nothing we could do to save it. Most of my squad would have preferred another continent where we could have had some good smaller scale fights. But we don't walk away from TR Sanc linked continents, so we just kept being the speed-bump to the NC Bus.

I was proud of my men though. They were the crew disabling the northern bases while the fights where down south.

Last edited by Cease; 2003-07-09 at 03:23 AM.
Old 2003-07-09, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

There's where you see the ingenious of the game....I don't exactly know, It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm way too tired and dru....I didnt say that. Oh god who doesn't expect a 15 yr old to get drunk. I need to go to bed.....

anyways i think the whole zerging tactics are fine. Have you EVER IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE been on a public server that had effectice tactics? not me. and in small scale battles tactics are used very often, but if anyone, any empire is zerging agasinst you or with you the tactics are useless..........
Old 2003-07-09, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Cease
First Sergeant

Well I'll give you a little scenario that will eventually happen. When there is no tactic vs population other than having a bigger population you eventually encounter serious population imbalances per server. People will look at a server, see who the more populated empire is, and choose it. For example. NC generally has the bigger population on Emerald. So lets say a Vanu player from Johari decides he wants a break from being outnumered. Or maybe he just wants to play a different empire a bit. Now having played this game a bit he knows population is king. So he takes a look at Emerald. He sees NC is the more populated realm. He chooses to play NC on Emerald. He adds the population imbalance on Emerald AND Johari.

This will happen. Each empire will have a server they are king on... which means a server they rule the population on. One server will most likely be very even and from that be high populated. Refugees from the imbalanced servers will go there seeking a fair fight.

This is exactly what happened in DAOC which has a lot of aspects comparable to Planetside.
Old 2003-07-09, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

after i took that screen i logged back on at like.... err 6 and the vs were doing better than we were. but they werent doing as well as us in that screenshot or i would have made one for them...
Old 2003-07-09, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

hey Arakiel, i saw u on amerish 2 days ago. Good job commanding us. We eventually won amerish. Congrats on the win.
Old 2003-07-09, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Indeed, Arakeil is a great guy and commander. I've knifed him a few times but he's a great warrior also
Old 2003-07-09, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Heh, thanks

I haven't seen you around as much lately, though, Atlas. Not that I miss the knifing :P
Old 2003-07-09, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

jeez arakiel does anyone on any server have better stats than you

Arakiel: nearly 15 thousand kills br 20 cr 5

wow thats really good
Old 2003-07-09, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

I seem to remember someone with near 20,000 kills. I don't remember who, or maybe I'm just thinking of a guy with a measly old 10,000....lol me with 32 or something. Bah I'm only good at WW2 games. Maybe with practice I'll get better, and if I quit all this hacking business
Old 2003-07-09, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Onizuka
jeez arakiel does anyone on any server have better stats than you

Arakiel: nearly 15 thousand kills br 20 cr 5

wow thats really good
Man I know it takes skiiiiiiiiills to do that kinda shit,DAMN
Old 2003-07-09, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Now why would some1 wanna pee in a Punchbowl
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2003-07-09, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Diddy Mao
Now why would some1 wanna pee in a Punchbowl
i havent read all the posts but WTF
Old 2003-07-09, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Neon Apocalypse
hey Arakiel, i saw u on amerish 2 days ago. Good job commanding us. We eventually won amerish. Congrats on the win.
Go to the offical site, it has a leaderboard. Arakiel is second in the game, all servers, all empires. GODJOEY is ahead of arakiel by about 700 last time i checked.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong quote lol
you know what im tlaking about
Old 2003-07-10, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Arakiel
Heh, thanks

I haven't seen you around as much lately, though, Atlas. Not that I miss the knifing :P
You can usually find me on Amerish, or our backyards when the NC think they can slip into our backyards and cap all the bases
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion