AA maxs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ANT Driver School, certifing terrorist bombers since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-04, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

AA maxs

Ok so im a pilot. The tracking missles of the VS and NC are the scourge of my life. The VS I can loose in a sinch. I just learned how to advoid NC fire with ease. Now heres the issue. THEY NERFED THE GOD DAMN BURSTER. The god damn thing does not track, cant hit a moving target, cant kill infantry up close. The only thing the Burster had going for it was that it could spam an infantry man hiding behind a tree at long range. Thats a perfectly good trade off for the other AA maxs which can wipe an infantry out at any range with 6 near hits. Besides it fucking flack! Tiny pieces of shrapnel sailing through the air at high velocities should be ripping an infantry man to pieces. WTF!? I think the devs need to think about this one a little.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Indeed. Before the burster was my favorite max because it wasnt the BEST AA, but it was totally universal enough to make up for it. Now...its just gonna suck. I'm so pissed.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lithpope
Corporal

Dunno, I have an alt with Uni-MAX and all I really ever shot with it was aircraft anyway and maybe a couple MAX suits. Never bothered with infantry, more effort than it was worth and a waste of my ammo. If you think about it in the long run it is probably saving Burster MAX driver's lives. With the Decimator going to AV there is going to be a LOT more AV floating around and at range AV owns MAXs. Besides, any anchored MAX is gonna be bait for AV now, if the Devs insist on TR MAXs keeping anchoring as a "special" ability they could at least make it an instant ability like other Empire MAXs and NOT "slightly faster." Screw that make it INSTANT.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rayder
General

Misc Info

slightly faster for unanchoring.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cauldron Borne
Captain

What??!?! They Are Moving Deci To Av?!?!?!? What A Load Of Bull!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-02-04, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

that besid the point in this thread.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Ok so im a pilot. The tracking missles of the VS and NC are the scourge of my life. The VS I can loose in a sinch. I just learned how to advoid NC fire with ease. Now heres the issue. THEY NERFED THE GOD DAMN BURSTER. The god damn thing does not track, cant hit a moving target, cant kill infantry up close. The only thing the Burster had going for it was that it could spam an infantry man hiding behind a tree at long range. Thats a perfectly good trade off for the other AA maxs which can wipe an infantry out at any range with 6 near hits. Besides it fucking flack! Tiny pieces of shrapnel sailing through the air at high velocities should be ripping an infantry man to pieces. WTF!? I think the devs need to think about this one a little.
Realism isn't the key here or a sing decimator would kill infantry and death would be permenant. The object of the game is fun and balance, therefore, even though a AA gun would proably kill infintry in real life, it doesn't in the game, for the same reason that an Anti Tank weapon would kill a soldier in one hit but doesn't in PS.
Old 2004-02-04, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Thats not my point, im saying why the hell does ours get nerfed against infantry and theirs does not? Thats the STUPIDIST thing ive ever heard.
Old 2004-02-04, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Because NC and VS AA MAXs are not super long range infantry spamming MAXs like the burster??

Edit: Burster is good AA, especially if you can lead with it, and TR also have the striker which is very nice versus air craft also.
Old 2004-02-04, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

They can still do it with a little luck. They trade off the ability to shoot really far at infantry to the ability to kill them at short and medium which is where they pose the threat.
Old 2004-02-05, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

They nerfed the ginormous splash damage, you can still damage them by hitting them directly. Saying that the Starfire is good against infantry is laughable, you'd have to be a retarded amputee to not be able to avoid those slow shots even in a confined area. The Sparrow is a little better because it has some splash (nothing like the Burster splash has been) but the Sparrow is also worse than the Starfire at AA. The Burster was fun to use as a spam machine, but it was also bordering on being more effective on the ground than in the air. It needed some tweaking, and I say that as a guy with the cert on both his TR characters.

Plus, the other 2 TR MAXs are on the verge of getting some attention, and we have no idea how that will work out. If their AV and AI improve, why should their AA stay the same?
Old 2004-02-05, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jagd
Major

Starfire rips through infantry, I prefer it for indoor fights over the Comet. Obviously, the Quasar is still the king in general though.

I'm pretty happy with this burster change, and it seems to me that if there hadn't been so many llamas out there spamming spawn rooms and racking up insane grief with the Burster, they never would have bothered with the change.
Old 2004-02-05, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope when the AI DC rolls out, it makes up for this. TR MAXs getting a nerf while VS MAXs get a buff (COF during jump) seems somehow cruel.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-05, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jagd
Starfire rips through infantry, I prefer it for indoor fights over the Comet. Obviously, the Quasar is still the king in general though.
Wild. My experience has been vastly different, Comet has a larger projectile and seems to have a larger splash. Comet also has the bonus of chewing up other MAXs you might encounter in confined spaces. I rip through aircraft with the Starfire (for a long while I had more Reaver kills than agile kills) but I've not found it to be much use in AI situations when I've been forced to use it.
Old 2004-02-05, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jagd
Major

I think it might be the comet's delay before firing that threw me off. Yes, the Starfire orbs travel more slowly, but I find it easier to lead targets accurately when there is no spin up time. Same reason I can't stand the lancer.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion