More battle stories - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I swear I don't speedhack!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-08, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Suzuka
Private

Talking More battle stories

I would like to continue Hamma's little idea because they are all so fun to read. So, here is one of my personal favorites to kick it off.

First off I am a Vanu cloaker/combat engineer, and as such it is inevitable that I am the kind of person who loves a challenge. So, on this particular day I was attempting to get a foothold for the Vanu on Forseral, the only problem was that I must have been the only Vanu on the continent. Anyways directly after warping I ran to the nearest tower and hacked it without any trouble even despite the fact that Terrans kept respawnig and pouring out every other second.

After lacing the place with mines and turrets I made my way to the closest base that I could hack (Terran). I spent two of my four aces infront of the vehicle bay (great fun with boomers) and ran into the base. When I got into the base I got up and ran down to the basement which wasn't the brightest thin I ever did because it made me visible to the Terran cloaker who I just mannaged to see too. I don't really know what he did but I unholstered my knife and randomly slashed untill I luckily slashed in the right spot and killed him.

Now I was feeling a bit more cautious so I crouched the rest of the way to the controll room. As soon as I hacked that door I saw three guys, (one had a mini chaingun *shudder*:O: ). One was infront of the consol and the two others were at his sides and they were all lookin at me. Figuring these wern't the brightest guys around (the door just kept opening and closing and they didn't even notice) I walked up to point blank of the middle guys mini chaingun, laid a boomer, backed up, and detonated it killing two of the three. All this while the Terrans looked around at eachother to see who had the ace. I slashed the last guy with my knife, hacked the console, and hid in the connecting hallway for five mins. All this only to have a couple of attacking New C AI MAX units (one with darklight) blow my brains out and steal my hack.

Oh well, while it lasted I felt kinda like James Bond

<I was havin sex on a horse till the Walmart manager unpluged it>
<I'm not suffering from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it >
<I don't like sex on the telly, I keep fallin off...>

Last edited by Suzuka; 2003-06-08 at 10:24 PM.
Old 2003-06-08, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Searo
Second Lieutenant

I grabbed my crappy Harasser, and MrVulcan hopped into the gunner seat. We sped off to a nearby TR base, unsupported, and encountered about 3 INF and a MAX. I bailed out to help with the Gauss, as a Harasser is too light to run anyone over, and MrV gallantly manned the chaingun. Sadly, I was cut down instantly by the MAX, and the Harasser took MrV with it in a large explosion. Kinda funny at the time.
Old 2003-06-08, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheRegurgitator
Major

Ok heres mine

My squad was getting ready for our assault. We had an enforcer, two vanguards and an ANT. We were on our way to solsar. We saw lots of cool rocks... oops back to the story... We rolled on top of a small hill looked at the Vanu base ahead of us and on my call we attacked. I, in the enforcer cover the ANT and we parked the ANT behind a Large, cool looking rock. Then the battle battle begun. About 15 minutes after the hack was done we needed our ANT badly. We had to make a run for the ANT. The battle lasted for about 2 and a half hours and in the end the Terrans won (lotsa Terrans) but it got us a whole lot of exp.

EDIT: a part i forgot : I was the gunner of a tank and it was adly damaged , the driver was trying to repair it and i said "ITS GONNA BLOW and i got out of it as fast as i could and ducked behind a rock. He said we were safe but then it blew up lol he died in the explosion

Last edited by TheRegurgitator; 2003-06-08 at 10:32 PM.
Old 2003-06-08, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ivan_Ooze
Private

Ok, so I'm playing my Prowler driver, so I've got a BANK, a REK, and a nano/glue gun thingy. I'm walkin along to the Vpad to get myself another prowler, when all of a sudden, I notice something: a stealther. Well, I pull out my knife and turn it on, and the other stealther starts coming at me with his knife. After a very long and challenging knife duel, I manage to kill him, and I get a BR off the kill. Needless to say, I was proud of my knifing skills

Last edited by Ivan_Ooze; 2003-06-09 at 12:47 AM.
Old 2003-06-09, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

I remember me and my friend started vanus just for fun. We did all the training (which gets you to br 3) and had 6 cert points to spend. I got medium assault, and reinforced exo-suit and my friend got a magrider and medium assault.
So he got used to the controles and we headed to some continent I really cant remember. I think it was cyssor.

We saw a huge battle on the map on a bridge and went there. It was huge NC were all over the bridge and the vs were fighting to hold there ground. So we did what was natural: backed up, got full speed, and went through the bridge killing maybe 15-20 people. IT WAS AWESOME.

Then when we got to the other side we killed a good bit more people until we died. That was sooo fun
Old 2003-06-09, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

The magrider is a friggin infantry plow
Old 2003-06-09, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
NightWalker XI
Colonel

Magrider is a great tank, easily shoots down Reavers if you have a gunner, shoots with no arc, strafing and ramming..best...tank..in...PS

And people say we are crap, we have the Mag, Lasher & Lancer and we have cool outfits, what more could you want
Old 2003-06-09, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

sex
Old 2003-06-09, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheRegurgitator
Major

yup we new conglomerate get free sex and the other implants
Old 2003-06-09, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

word
Old 2003-06-09, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

word

nuff said
Old 2003-06-09, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
beavis88
Sergeant

Had a bunch of TR guys defending a couple of towers on an otherwise NC-locked continent last night. The NC busted into one of the towers, and one of them was camping the spawn tubes with a jackhammer. I figured I'd keep respawning there, hoping someone else would spawn too or whatever, but he kept cutting me down with the jackhammer, talking shit, etc (jackhammer wins vs. suppressor...who'd of thunk it? )

Sooo....eventually they take the tower, I respawn at the other one. A couple minutes later what do I see but this same guy driving a vanguard. So I loaded up with two strikers (reinforced), and headed outside. Just as I fired my last missile, he bailed from the smoking wreckage, and closed on me with that damn jackhammer again. Since I didn't have my trusty cycler, I was forced to take him down at 50m....with my repeater!

Moral of the story: don't taunt someone while camping spawn tubes, they might come back to blow up your tank and kill you with a pistol
Old 2003-06-09, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Here's one that somebody else did which is the coolest thing I've seen in PS so far. After taking a Vanu base and then defending it for over an hour as they tried to take it back, suddenly it seemed that they'd decided on a different target and things died down. I was in a MAX pounder, standing on the wall and looking out into the trees to make sure nobody else was coming. We had TR all over the courtyard and along the wall and people were just starting to think about bugging out. Suddenly a Vanu reaver came flying towards the base without guns or missiles firing. As I was in a pounder all I could really do was watch what might happen. I tracked the reaver and watched the pilot hot drop out. It was easily the best hot drop I've seen as from full speed he hot dropped and actually landed behind some of those boxes that are stacked in bases for cover. Right away I started running for the stairs down to the courtyard, sure that I wouldn't make it before the many TR down there mowed the guy down. As I ran down the stairs I saw that the guy had hacked the vehicle terminal, and before I was even to the base of the stairs he'd pulled up an AMS, gotten in and plowed over about a dozen guys on his way out of the base. A reaver tracked him and killed him, but it doesn't change the fact that it was the coolest thing I've seen yet. The guy had stones the size of church bells.
Old 2003-06-09, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
beavis88
Sergeant

LOL, that's fantastic. Seems like many of the best stories involve an AMS and/or running over people
Old 2003-06-09, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Keaten
Private

This story is a bit bizarre, but I remember that it made me laugh/cry at the time. My friend was on the HART and making a drop somewhere in the little drop pod thingie. Well, he dropped right on top of a friendly Gal. I mean what are the odds of that?? The weight of the pod forced poor ol' Gal down and it crashed into the ground. All 3 men on board were killed. 340 grief pts!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion