What do you think of the 666th Devil Dogs? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Real men dont use Jetpacks!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-02-28, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Re: What do you think of the 666th Devil Dogs?

TRx are dead. They died. Funeral and everything dead. Dead and buried. No need to bring them up in this world anymore.

And actual good players didn't hate them. :P
Old 2012-02-28, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

I miss TRx. When they left we had no one worth a dam to fight in the caves anymore. Was nice to have actual competition.
Old 2012-02-28, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

I hated TRx because they were douche bags, not because they were good (they weren't).

I like TopDawg though.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
I quit playing NC largely because of people like the leaders of the 666th.

Every so often I have visited NC, found them to be, how do I say it nicely? Not a positive experience.

So I go back to playing anything but NC.

Yeah the douchebag-to-decent-human ratio has always been WAY higher on NC than the other 2 empires.

That said I never really had anything against the 666th. TBH other than having the weight of large numbers to push around they didn't really leave that much of an impression on me back in the day. Certainly nothing like HT, for example.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

All the 666th did really was mindless zerg or when they actually did plan something, it generally just ruined what the rest of us were trying to do. EVILPIG isn't a bad guy, but he had a bad habit of presuming the entire empire had to follow him and throwing a fit when they ignored him and listened to the guys who they had been fighting with the last six hours.

The 666th has the distinction of being the only outfit I'd never have joined in any lifetime.

I did enjoy seeing a MAX Crash once or twice though, but that got old when it became the only 'tactic' they ever did.

Old 2012-02-29, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
I hated TRx because they were douche bags, not because they were good (they weren't).
Prepare for trash talking! Just kidding, I don't care that much, everyone is entitled to an opinion, regardless of whether it's true or not.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-02-29, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
Yeah the douchebag-to-decent-human ratio has always been WAY higher on NC than the other 2 empires.
It's gotten worse as of late.
Old 2012-03-01, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
ArcIyte
Sergeant

never heard of them

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM

Last edited by ArcIyte; 2012-03-01 at 03:31 AM.
Old 2012-03-01, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Interesting to see this thread, not sure if I ever saw it before. The 666th was an open outfit who took in any soldier, attempted to refine them and apply them to the battlefield. Many great players came up with us. Our real activity was during the first few years of Planetside, so many here never really knew us. We organized en masse and executed well. We ran divisions that were familar to most and some others knew not much about. We are proud to have invented the MAX Crash Team and plan to revisit the strategy in Planetside 2. An interesting evolution to the MCT that is little known outside the 666th is that originally it was developed as a slow moving methodical force that pushed through a base with infiltrating medic/engineers picking the MAXes back up as they fell.

Eventually, as I started to work with other outfits (After MARKOV won the E3 event) we put the rest of the outfit on autopilot as I and the other outfits I worked with transcended outfit tags and just became "Planetside" players. Our outfits will reform and we will continue to enjoy coordinated fun.

Oh, and for the hell of it..

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-02, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

We tried to murder their entire leadership after they got the gamespot interview. But they stopped holding their officer meetings outside of sanc. Ah, /who command I miss you so.
Old 2012-03-02, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Interesting to see this thread, not sure if I ever saw it before. The 666th was an open outfit who took in any soldier, attempted to refine them and apply them to the battlefield. Many great players came up with us. Our real activity was during the first few years of Planetside, so many here never really knew us. We organized en masse and executed well. We ran divisions that were familar to most and some others knew not much about. We are proud to have invented the MAX Crash Team and plan to revisit the strategy in Planetside 2. An interesting evolution to the MCT that is little known outside the 666th is that originally it was developed as a slow moving methodical force that pushed through a base with infiltrating medic/engineers picking the MAXes back up as they fell.

Eventually, as I started to work with other outfits (After MARKOV won the E3 event) we put the rest of the outfit on autopilot as I and the other outfits I worked with transcended outfit tags and just became "Planetside" players. Our outfits will reform and we will continue to enjoy coordinated fun.

Oh, and for the hell of it..

666th Devil Dogs Planetside on Gamespot - YouTube
My outfit had a lot of fun playing against you guys for those 7 years.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2012-03-02 at 11:26 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion