Got 2k station cash, now what? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-08-03, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Corrupted
Private

Got 2k station cash, now what?

I'm a brand new player and I got 2k station cash and it will probably be the only time I can ever get any so I was wondering what EXACTLY to spend it on.

Like I said, brand new player so I am pretty clueless. I still haven't figured out which role I want to focus my Certs on, but for right now I am kind of leaning to medic because they are always useful and seem to still be able to do fair damage? Or engineer but I don't get as many kills on that.

So yeah, just curious what's recommended. If there are things that help all classes or what. I don't want to spend the cash on stuff I wont ever use or stuff that's really not worth the money.

Again only time I'll probably have station cash so I wish to be pretty picky and take my time before I decide.

TY!
Old 2013-08-03, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Got 2k station cash, now what?

Spend it on sales.

You want to end up with at least one suit of camo and if you drive vehicles much youll want at least 1 vehicle camo.

Since you cant buy those with certs.

Check out the bundles on sale they can be good deals.
Old 2013-08-05, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Wahooo
Captain

I say hold on to it until you know exactly what you would like and wait for it to go on sale.

I have cammos but i'm not sure why ghost says you would want at least one.

All of the default weapons in the game are good and you really don't need to pay full price SC for one.

SC for weapons is probably best spent on something that will return certs quickly. So Vehicle weapons that you will use or the AV turret if you play a lot of Engie. I would just say don't be in too much of a hurry because there will always be something you will want a little bit down the road.
Old 2013-08-11, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Corrupted
Private

Well I spent some time in the VR training to test a lot out and idk.

To be honest? All the weapons for this faction's max seem freaking lame.

How do people get gat guns? I never see them for sale??? Both for max or jus a dude runnin around with a single one.

Camo is just for looks correct? Cuz if so I really could care less about that. I work full time for my money and if I'm spending it its to enhance gameplay, not to be used as plastic surgery xD

The first dump of SC I got I feel I used wisely. I fell in love with engie and I was able to get him a gun I really like the handling on, (I got a lock on rocket launcher for heavy but they didn't charge my SC! WOO! Good too cuz I don't like it), its anti tank turret, and I am also working on making my MAX worthwhile. I was able to buy a bundle for his weapons.

So now I am going to be getting more. I see that SC really can be, but really usually isn't, a game changer. Getting my engie that gun made a HUGE difference, but now I feel not much else will.

Q1) I'm not even battle rank 20 yet to give ppl an idea of the cert flow I've had (maybe 1k total so far?) and I state this because I am trying to figure out if my next load of SC should be put into more gears OR should I just get a membership? From what it seems they are basically constant resource and xp boosts, with a chunk of 500 SC monthly, and I think that's it?

OR

Q2) Would it be more beneficial for me to cert and SC dump into a sundy? I have no certed vehicles whatsoever and I really hate how quick they blow up. I see ALOT of badass looking aircrafts or tanks or even harrassers WRECK people but I feel if I dumped all this work into a tank, somehow, it wouldn't help me be badass like I see. But I do have a deployable sundy so my mind process would think to make that top noche...idk. If you peeps agree about the sundy, what guns are recommended?

Q3) I also want to work on an infiltrator class. That and my MAX are kind of more my side projects. First I want a vehicle to be up to par and to max out what I want on my engie. But for infiltrator, what main gun is recommended? I want it to snipe, so that's probably an important aspect. I see pistols are super high priced so for now I am just concerned with which sniper to get. Bolt action dmg is nice, but pressing that button sucks. Is it typically a 1 hit kill in a real fight with some distance? I know the semi auto they start you off with I can get 5 hit markers and nothing. One head shot isn't enough either. So would a bolt action be a 1 hit head shot and if so which one is recommended?

Thanks to all for answering my numbness questions! Your guidance is appreciated =)
Old 2013-08-12, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wahooo
Captain

Yes camo is purely aesthetic.

I don't know much about vanu max weapons other than blue shift is supposed to be the better of the AI weapons and I personally dislike the vortex for AV and feel the comet's ability to kill infantry when needed makes if far superior. The starter set-up for VS max is probably most friendly for new players with the AI left and AV right arms able to work together.

Maxes and vehicles however do take quite a few certs to build them up to feel happy with their performance, as well as SC purchases for weapons. It can be much better for a while to play as engie and repair/ammo drop for some dedicated drivers and maxes to see what they are using and how they play before dumping anything into them.

Sunder, I don't know if SC is worth it. The default guns are actually pretty effective against other vehicles if they are able to coordinate fire, they really are outclassed by a harasser though as far as mobility and killing power. Just deploy the AMS as much as you can for the free XP it gives and don't worry too much when they go boom. A well placed AMS gets a lot of enemy attention. Again gunning for someone who has tricked out an magrider or harasser is a much better way to go, then you can get a feel for how you want to spend certs/SC on your own vehicle. Nothing worse than spending SC on a gun and dumping certs into that gun only to find you don't like it much.

Infiltrator doesn't take many certs to be effective, especially if you are looking to snipe. I would say the bolt actions are a bit of a must, I don't know if i've fired a single shot outside of VR with the default VS rifle. Parallax is the top, followed by the V10. Parallax has less bullet drop and is just a bit better at extreme range. Both 1shot kill on head shots on non-nanoweave at damn near max render range but the V10 is harder to get a good head shot that far away. That is about all you need to be a good sniper is the bolt action rifle.
Some places certs are nice, or really nice to improve sniping but not actually needed and they can be spent on another class unless you find yourself loving sniper.
Old 2013-08-12, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Storm Frog
Private

Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
I'm a brand new player and I got 2k station cash and it will probably be the only time I can ever get any so I was wondering what EXACTLY to spend it on.

Like I said, brand new player so I am pretty clueless. I still haven't figured out which role I want to focus my Certs on, but for right now I am kind of leaning to medic because they are always useful and seem to still be able to do fair damage? Or engineer but I don't get as many kills on that.

So yeah, just curious what's recommended. If there are things that help all classes or what. I don't want to spend the cash on stuff I wont ever use or stuff that's really not worth the money.

Again only time I'll probably have station cash so I wish to be pretty picky and take my time before I decide.

TY!
Which faction do you play? I don't think you've mentioned that so far.
Old 2013-08-17, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Good SMG.

Good anti armor rocket.

Kill.
Old 2013-08-18, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sarloh
Corporal

As a TR I will say something about the composite armour. The armour is purely cosmetic. And I think that the Heavy Assault for the TR makes a lot more difference than other TR composite armours make on their classes (excluding the max in this case).
Old 2013-08-22, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DsgrntldPlyr
Private

I disagree about camo being cosmetic, depending on which faction you play for. The purple spandex guys blend in to the background very well, even on esamir when its dark or in the shadows and they are pretty hard to see, even when running. Also the fact that the artisitc director plays VS (so I've heard) and the face girl / dev with the purple hair plays, you guessed it... VS as well, so isn't it coincidental that there are all kinds of purple terrain features in the game? Even purple butterflies that have made me nearly mess myself a few times. Big purple rocks, etc etc. I don't see many blue or red things other than actual faction related equipment or banners that are part of the background. I have one set of camo for each continent, and I picked the ones that blend me into the most stuff. And getting spotted went down drastically. I have the other factions stroll by me all the time and they never notice. It's even made punk a** aimbotters stick out too, when I'm hiding from everyone - and I do mean everyone - and some level 1-10 guy walks around a building and instantly drills me right in the head for a OHK from the hip at a good 25 meters, and I'm sitting well above his line of sight... Hmmm... a little fishy. I'll pull their stats and it's pretty obvious what they are up to. It won't save you from those jerks, and scout radar can ruin your day, but I wouldn't call ALL camo useless. But I wouldn't use the composite stuff, it is just for looks along with decals and badges, some of those glow in the dark even - not good!

As you play you'll aquire stuff, some of it for gun lust, some of it at the suggestion of others, and you'll find what works for you and what doesn't pretty fast. Suppresors are nice for some things, but you'll find the damage you'll do drops like a rock. But as you improve your headshot skill, you'll be using it more and more.
Old 2013-10-08, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
johnukguy
Private

I would say raise the level of your combat medic tool and your engineer tool as a first priority. Those two will get you more certs than a decent SMG right now. If you only have SC and not enough certs certainly go for a decent SMG as soon as you can - maybe the Sirius - try them all out in VR training and see if there's one that you like the most. Also, make sure you have the AMS ability for the sunderer, and probably up the ammo for the default guns a level or two on the sundy as well and add some zoom. Also, increase nanoweave a couple of levels for all your classes if you can, and for god's sake get a better sniper rifle if you are going for infiltrator at all. There is even a cheap one hundred cert gun for that class that is better than the default.

Last edited by johnukguy; 2013-10-08 at 09:09 AM.
Old 2013-10-09, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DredVS
Private

If you have a limited SC budget, spend it on must-buys, such as your second Burster arm. Also, NS weapons are universal and have the most bang for buck, since they are cross-faction weapons if you ever decide to faction swap.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions