PS Code of Honor Pact - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is Marsman Related to Barry White?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-04-05, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
bedzike
Corporal

Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

well we can ask gm Praesum if he is willing to send out the mass email. I'm trying to open ticket and ask for his personal email and a way to contact him, with any concerns us the players have since he pretty much is the only person we need to have contact with since he is the lead gm for ps1 now. but like always the ticket system isn't working right now so I have to wait until it works to send him a ticket. any1 have any other concerns that I can ask him or question so we can have all the answers we want b4 the game goes live on the 16th
Old 2014-04-06, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Ask them if the 10 year terms of service accounts can have fusion blades. I always wanted one lol.
Old 2014-04-06, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
GodlessHeretic
Private

Screw that.

I want a brick.
Old 2014-04-08, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

It's cute watching you all get stuck in the past. PS1 was not a great game, the community made it great. Sounds an awful lot like PS2 right now.
Old 2014-04-08, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

When you have played PS2 for a bit PS1 seems more like "future" instead of "past" concerning gameplay.
Besides people also still play Counterstrike (yes, the old one), and atleast for me, as long as something is fun, i don't care how old it is and certainly don't see it as being "stuck in the past".
Old 2014-04-08, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

But the graphics suck noob...

On a serious note, you can make something shinny and claim its "newness" but no amount of shinny can make up for lack of substance.

Avid cs1.6 player here, this new generation of games is hitting all the wrong notes and merely targeting the "oh so shinny" playerbase. Then the shine wears off and the game is forgotten.

Meanwhile PS1 lives on.

If anyone talks about ps2 10 years from now please come back and correct me.
Old 2014-04-08, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Thing is, Counterstrike and all those games actually still have players that play with a fairly thriving community. Most of the PS1 community has moved over to PS2. In my opinion, that is what makes a game nostalgic or great for a lot of people - it's the experience with other players. Most of the people have moved on now, for better or worse.

I loved PS1 as well, I played for nearly 10 years. If the game was still thriving I'd probably still log in and play, the problem is that it's not and it never will be again. The brunt of that community and that experience is right here in PS2 - come join us.
Old 2014-04-08, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

I respectfully decline your offer to play Call of Battleside: Zebra edition

I think more people are coming back than expected. Even if only for a short time.
Old 2014-04-08, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

You're right about the population thing shock. But PS1 allready was a ghost town long before PS2, i was allways under the impression the reason for that was the sub and that "nobody plays it so i won't sub for it" vicious cycle.

However i'm not so sure if the majority of PS1 vets still plays PS2. When i stopped playing regulary back in december (sorry umvs guys :/ ) there were still some to be found. But during my latest ventures into PS2 i don't think i even saw a single "veteran" title, let alone familiar names or faces.

And i'm afraid i have to politely decline the PS2 offer aswell, i simply could not find any "planetside-ish" experience there anymore.
Back when we didn't have threshold capping and some really awesome last stands, i have to say it was there for a bit. But now...yawnz. Last time i played it was like playing a lobby shooter with uneven teams, not to mention ad pop ups and gamebreaking bugs galore...nah man, gotta pass here.

As for "Free PS1", i guess we just have to wait and see how it turns out to be population wise.
Old 2014-04-13, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Arkaiden
Private

The banned weapons things is pretty hilarious to me.

Have we forgotten just how ridiculous the TR AV MAX is? Able to, pretty much by itself, camp a tower or base spawn. Or the fact that the only good Vanu MAX is AA and even that isn't all that great. Or the fact that of the heavy weapons the Lasher is leagues behind the rest.

Just play the freaking game how you want to.
Old 2014-04-14, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Well this thread exploded. I don't think planetside will last very long myself. So I don't see anything wrong with asking people to be reasonable in terms of "acceptable behavior". Of course what is and isn't acceptable is up for debate on some topics.

Some things are kinda obvious on "unacceptable" side of things.
Like does anyone seriously think that spawn camping is a good idea? Like deliberately leaving the tubes up and killing people as they spawn? It's one thing to kill people as they spawn while you're killing the tubes.

Very least I'll be around during the 1st day and maybe a little longer depending on populations.

Originally Posted by Arkaiden View Post
The banned weapons things is pretty hilarious to me.

Have we forgotten just how ridiculous the TR AV MAX is? Able to, pretty much by itself, camp a tower or base spawn. Or the fact that the only good Vanu MAX is AA and even that isn't all that great. Or the fact that of the heavy weapons the Lasher is leagues behind the rest.

Just play the freaking game how you want to.
The Pounder is fantastic at killing vehicles (but meh at killing infantry without overdrive), but the comet is hands down better at killing other max units (but meh at killing vehicles at a distance), and the falcon is essentially a second AI max for NC.

The Quasar isn't all that bad (jumpjets can make it really difficult to fight against), the Cycler without overdrive is completely worthless against anything but infantry with no AV.

The lasher is more difficult to use than the other heavy weapons, but still has better range than the jackhammer and more DPS than a MCG.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2014-04-14 at 05:20 PM.
Old 2014-04-14, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
GodlessHeretic
Private

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
So I don't see anything wrong with asking people to be reasonable in terms of "acceptable behavior". Of course what is and isn't acceptable is up for debate on some topics.
I don't either exactly...it just seems like a waste of time to mention to anyone but those in your own outfit. At least on that level it can be imposed through some medium of authority. It can "stick".

Some things are kinda obvious on "unacceptable" side of things.
Like does anyone seriously think that spawn camping is a good idea? Like deliberately leaving the tubes up and killing people as they spawn? It's one thing to kill people as they spawn while you're killing the tubes.
I'd consider it a means of neutralization. More like an attack on morale than anything else. At Planetsides' peak, i might've understood it. Now? Nah. Just blow the tubes. Take the fight elsewhere and quit wasting time.

The Pounder is fantastic at killing vehicles (but meh at killing infantry without overdrive), but the comet is hands down better at killing other max units (but meh at killing vehicles at a distance), and the falcon is essentially a second AI max for NC.
+1

Two anchored Pounders will kill a GV BFR before it can move. 2-3 in favorable terrain and with the right support will create a vehicular no-mans land in at least a 100-150 meter radius around them.

Comets make me laugh. You're better off certing AV and suiting up in REXO.

The Quasar isn't all that bad (jumpjets can make it really difficult to fight against), the Cycler without overdrive is completely worthless against anything but infantry with no AV.
+1 again.

Simply put, VS MAXs can be places that MAXs generally wouldn't be without a marked effort in support. That's what makes them just as dangerous as a Scat MAX. I used to follow outfit-mates around in a Quasar, simply because i could meet them at the top of almost any tower or base, was almost fast enough to keep pace, and i could soak shots and provide a MAJOR distraction to keep them alive. So much badass.

The lasher is more difficult to use than the other heavy weapons, but still has better range than the jackhammer and more DPS than a MCG.
I liked the old Lasher. The perfect crowd-killer.
Old 2014-04-15, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
KrazyJester
Corporal

People could try appealing to popular PS2 YouTubers to state that it is going free to play and to try it out. . A list of most of them right here. Its worth a shot when the combine 4k plus to each of their videos.

Old 2014-04-17, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Hehateme
Private

Originally Posted by Minigun View Post
I respectfully decline your offer to play Call of Battleside: Zebra edition
Lmao I think I love you.
But Shock is correct, the majority of Planetside players have moved on. Whether that be PS2, another actual good game, or just don't play much of anything anymore.

Also shock, you seen visi as of late?
Old 2014-04-30, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Hot steaming turd of a thread aside, bump.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion