Gameplay: Lockers (More space or no?) as well as more favorites. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ooops! That was our galaxy?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

View Poll Results: Inventory and lockers
Buff them up a bit. 5 41.67%
Keep them the same as they were. 4 33.33%
Indifferent. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-09-02, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
akiadan
Private

Re: Lockers (More space or no?) as well as more favorites.

Thank you all so far for your epic opinions so far, keep it up. Also just because the game goes one way or another doesnt mean it will ruin the game at all. The devs said they are watching the forums for suggestions and how the players feel on stuff. They are working on things that aren't gonna be there at beta launch as well so pretty much anything is up in the air.
Old 2011-09-02, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by akiadan View Post
Thank you all so far for your epic opinions so far, keep it up. Also just because the game goes one way or another doesnt mean it will ruin the game at all. The devs said they are watching the forums for suggestions and how the players feel on stuff. They are working on things that aren't gonna be there at beta launch as well so pretty much anything is up in the air.
At the end of the day they will do whatever they want. They always have and I doubt it's going to change.

Removing the ability to loot is a fail on SOE's part. What balance nightmare does it present? Everyone can have everyone's weapons. Wheres the imbalance in that?

Sounds to me like Higby's comment on this is just a cop out because the company doesn't want to pay for all the small things that made the game awesome.
Old 2011-09-02, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Just because they claim to have no inventory system doesn't necessarily mean there is no looting or lockers (plus, I must have missed any mention of gens in this iteration of PS.)

We have to look towards Tribes 2, MAG, or any game that let's you choose "a loadout" (and there are a $#!%ton of them, including Halo Reach and CoD) for a rough idea on how equipment handling may go. Or hell, just take a look at the weapon slots for current armor: just remove the inventory but keep the slots. I doubt they'll completely cut out loadout customization (a medic should be allowed to choose a shotgun over a rifle for example,) they're just removing the tetris meta-game.

Looting could work by standing over a dead guy and then the victor will be given the option to swap out their weapon for the fallen's. Same system you'll find just about anywhere else, because it simply works and it's hassle free.

As for lockers... eh... I'd say they were big enough. General rule of thumb: if you're busy loading up your locker with enemy weaponry, chances are you'll never use it anyway, I mean, you could DIE without ever firing it! Why take that risk?
Old 2011-09-04, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Well if you want to read what Higby said on looting or "trophy-displaying" as the lingo puts it on the most recent reddit then go to this link and find it: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...eative/c2ck6hr

Specifically on looting weapons Higby responds with, "we'll definitely have ways for you to gloat your victories" which on its own has no relation to looting but it was in response to this question:

"Trophies. I loved collecting enemy weapons and just hoarding them in my locker. With the inventory system will this be possible or will there be a replacement that allows us to gloat our victories?"
Old 2011-09-05, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Like others have said, just based on the no inventory system I doubt lockers will return.

And on the TR holding an NC weapon, it doesn't mean he looted, or even stole anything from the enemy. What if there's some type of cert that gives you access to a certain enemy weapon for a short time? Fires enemy colored tracers?

What if it's just a visual customization option?
Old 2011-09-24, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Traak
Colonel

I would like no mouse needed for faves. Use a terminal, type in a number or alphanumeric, hit Enter, bam, you are R2R.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault