intel ad - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where the red ferns grow.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-17, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Harps
First Sergeant

you guys have a reading class in 8th grade
Old 2003-09-17, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Phaden
Contributor
Major

well sadly some of us arent in 8th grade, more like alot older, and we just dont care how it comes out as long as the idea is there. SOOOO basically you can shove it about my grammar and spelling, if indeed you were talking to me! Aight?
Old 2003-09-18, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by ghost018
Wah wah wah. There's an advertisement on the loading screen. Let's all cancel our subscriptions!

ghost

Anyone who winges about the little ad are wayyyy too highly strung! "oh my god, they put an ad in the game!!!, HOW DARE THEY MAKE ME LOOK AT IT!!!, DAMN THEM!!!! AHHHHHGGG"

Old 2003-09-18, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Cyskoraeban
Corporal

Originally posted by STEALTHKILLER
okay so out of every1 on this site i know u hate me the most so dont bother insulting me*which u will continue 2 do anyway.* i know i sound like im a bigger dumbass than every1 eles on this site becuse im a little crazy*okay maybe a lot, but whos counting codopugplehr* if u can read in between the lines what im getting at is who cares. its a little thing and its on the respawn and log in screen. i could understand if it was something like when cloackers clocked when they moved u saw a ad for dominos.

*and just for your infromation im in the 8th grade,honors math, adv science, and taking spanish INSTED of reading.*
Now, I usually just read forums, and I don't post, cause I see it as a waste of time. People get pissed about ANYTHING and just flame all over the place. But when I read this post, I felt compelled to insert my own opinion. I don't like the ad. It's like paying money for XM radio only to have them put in commercials. We have subscriptions. It's not a big enough problem to cancel over it, and to be honest, I don't get all upset and cry everytime I see it, but I don't like the fact that its there. As far as you go my little friend, you have a LOT of learning to do in life. You're arguements strike an incredible resemblence to that of my little sisters. If you think that everyone else can just shove it, then you gonna be pissed off for the rest of your life. In any case, my little "flame" is done. I guess my point was: Kid, you've got a long life in front of you. There are millions of people in the world. You'd better learn to respect peoples' opinions because one day its gonna come back and bite you in the ass. I know nobody on this forum can figure out where you live and beat you, but its gonna happen in real life before you know it.

~Third

<insert your hateful flames on me below>

Last edited by Cyskoraeban; 2003-09-18 at 04:05 PM.
Old 2003-09-18, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Setari
General

i just realized this topic is really tearing ppl apart. Can't we all just get along? :P
Old 2003-09-18, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Setari
i just realized this topic is really tearing ppl apart. Can't we all just get along? :P
Gimmie a big hug!!!!

Old 2003-09-18, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

"Jesus, you could bitch about anything you know that?"
-Church

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-18, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

that is what i've been trying 2 say. who cares if its there. its probelly geting SOE some extra money 2 spend on finding exploits and cheaters and bugs. that may be a good news OR bad news. depends on who u are. and ive had tons of problems with ppl about my personallty Cyskoraeban. they think im an idot and an ass. i usually just deal with it. the only person that gets me really pissed is doppler. if u want 2 see what ppl think about me go to the thread intiled the real story behind the vs. and dont post *where wating for it 2 die*

ohh and doppler, if u want 2 try and piss me off any more why dont u start a thread in the lounge or send me a pm.
Old 2003-09-18, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
xTybaltx
Private

Nope.

The ad bothers me in no way shape or form.

However, I do think it would be cool to have an Inifiti or BMW logo on my Deliverer. Someone please Photoshop a BMW logo on a Del. Please just for me.

And just so y'all know - sports games, especially racing games, have had ads of all sorts in them for ages. EA had a 60's racing game which had tons of real-life car-maker sponsors. It only makes sense that a demanding game such as PS would attract companies who make high-end computing products as sponsors.
Old 2003-09-19, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Harps
First Sergeant

Re: Nope.

Originally posted by xTybaltx
The ad bothers me in no way shape or form.

However, I do think it would be cool to have an Inifiti or BMW logo on my Deliverer. Someone please Photoshop a BMW logo on a Del. Please just for me.

And just so y'all know - sports games, especially racing games, have had ads of all sorts in them for ages. EA had a 60's racing game which had tons of real-life car-maker sponsors. It only makes sense that a demanding game such as PS would attract companies who make high-end computing products as sponsors.
hmm could it be because they have ads on racing cars in real life ..Have u ever been to a race track theres ads everywhere of course they are ganna have them in the game
Old 2003-09-19, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
xTybaltx
Private

Yes, there are lots of sponsors at race tracks, but the point was that the sponsors in the EA game were unique to the game. They actually worked out a deal with EA for the exposure.

And don't try to change the subject. I want a BMW logo on a Deliverer.
Old 2003-09-19, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Harps
First Sergeant

even so .. what kind of racing game would it be without sponsors(ads) ??
Old 2003-09-19, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

It doesn't bother me. I don't even notice it anymore.
Old 2003-09-19, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Nawchoz
Private

... Well, I guess it's better than a Macintosh logo.
Old 2003-09-19, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
dymetrie
Private

The ad doesn't really bother me, but i can understand why some people are getting perturbed...

However, to make the loading screen completely accurate, there should be little ads saying

"Runs best with 1Gig of *insert manufacturer here* RAM"

or

"Runs Best with Nvidia Fx 5900 256MB GFX"

Cos even with a P4 (and believe me, i far prefer AMD, no Flames please) if you haven't got the RAM or GFX card to back it up, then the game is gonna be shitty...

Just my opinion...

Dym
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion