Surge and Weapons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Obamarama!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Disable surge while weapon is drawn?
Yes 53 71.62%
No 21 28.38%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-21, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Question Surge and Weapons

So its been a few weeks since they implemented some fix's for surge. IMO it hasnt done a ton to fix the problem. So I figured I would fire up a poll - should surge be disabled while a weapon is drawn?

I vote yes, I'm tired of getting surged by jackhammers, shotguns, etc etc. It takes the fun out of the game because 90% of the time they warp up to you and you are dead. Lets put everyone back on an even playing field. Because when you surge and use your weapon it's pretty much luck.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-21, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Searo
Second Lieutenant

First!1!1!!!!!111111one!!

I completely agree, I mean, I can barely hit people that aren't using surge, let alone people that warp even faster than normal.
Old 2003-12-21, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Spee
Colonel

n3r t3h surg3.

Seriously. I managed to take down a rexo and two agiles yesterday with m sweeper(I was in agile), and all 3 of them had HA. I wouldnt not have been able to do it, without surge.

Rexo in middle, his two agile buddies flanking him. I come down the stairs, see them spamming, dodge behind a max, turn on surge, and suicide jump at the rexo, while firing sweeper shots. A few pellets land while Im in the air, the other two hit when I land. After I kill him, I surge out the door to the right hall (This is in the base with paralell-running hallways that go off the stairway), and double back and enter the left hall. One of his Agile buddies is there, just taking out his MCG. 3 sweeper shots = dead agile. Surge through the stairway into the right hall, see the doors open, find the guy who was looking for me, MCG drawn, and kill him with 3 sweeper shots.

That should not happen.
Old 2003-12-21, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Agree, nerf the surge. Honestly though, I wouldn't mind seeing it completely removed from the game altogether (along with the HART).
Old 2003-12-21, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
xmodum
Colonel

i havnt been killed by a surgeing NC with his jackhammer, only because im mostley on NC, but still i see to many NC with agile on with a jackhammer. Yesterday i went to sanctuary, looked around at all my allies , to my suprise all of them had on agile with a jackhammer , dont no if they had surge , but most likely they did , iv never done this because i never cheat , onless its on like an xbox games that just gives u the cheats
Old 2003-12-21, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Yes, with one exception.

Rifle-Slot weapon only

Pistols and Knives should not be affected.
Old 2003-12-21, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

if they ever do ill be
ps: i dont use JH
Old 2003-12-21, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

i like greyflcn's take. leave the option for pistol and knife but disable the bigger ones
Old 2003-12-21, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by GreyFlcn
Yes, with one exception.

Rifle-Slot weapon only

Pistols and Knives should not be affected.
Yeah, wouldn't be bad. Surge is sort of necessary when attacking with a knife, and I'm sure Infiltrators would be very annoyed if they couldn't circle-strafe at Warp 10 when attacking anymore.
Old 2003-12-21, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Poll is too simplistic. Removing Surge while weapons are drawn isnt a fix. Its a draconian method of solving a greater issue and would be a knee jerk reaction to the problem. While I do agree there needs to be a fix for the Agile/HA/Surge combo, this most certainlty isnt it
Old 2003-12-21, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TeraHertz
Major

Yes, do it.
People don't warp me anymore which is great. I've been dropping NC left right and center since that patch went out. I think what should happen is all unit's foot speed should be VERY slightly increased, but surge nerfed the way stated.

Though, once it's nerfed, wtf am i going to do against mozzies and stuff.
Old 2003-12-21, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Nerf surge to the stoneage and back for all i care, just get rid of the surgermonkys. It gets tiering and boring to beeing dead before you can shoot back.
Old 2003-12-21, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Poll is too simplistic. Removing Surge while weapons are drawn isnt a fix. Its a draconian method of solving a greater issue and would be a knee jerk reaction to the problem. While I do agree there needs to be a fix for the Agile/HA/Surge combo, this most certainlty isnt it
Provide us witha better solution then. They tried to solve it by reducing the warp created when people use it. That hasnt really fixed the problem, something more needs to be done. And IMO this is probably the best solution.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-21, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i would't not like that as any wepon, perhaps only heavy wepons and the sweeper. That would be fine by me, and balancing too. Try using a Guass against anything without surge at med-close range and your toast (unless they have a pistol or pulsar)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-21, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheRagingGerbil
Agree, nerf the surge. Honestly though, I wouldn't mind seeing it completely removed from the game altogether (along with the HART).
I kind of like that idea but... what about the situation when you see an enemy run past your position... you move to follow from behind but now have no way to close the gap assuming similar armor is worn. So you just follow forever? Or leave catching up to the enemy to Infiltrators? That would be rather lame IMHO. Surge is needed as a "sprinting" option.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion