Dropships - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Dark Horse.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-23, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

4 always seemed a bit small for a ship that big.
edit: oops, they got there names and all in that thread, need to pay attention

Last edited by Incompetent; 2002-11-23 at 02:27 AM.
Old 2002-11-23, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ravon Dark
Corporal

Think it would be possible to make those two MAX suits just a normal soldier? Or does it have to be a MAX suit...
Old 2002-11-23, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
SVoyager
Contributor
Corporal

imho i think the deliverer will have maybe the extra advantage of stealth. Since its on the ground it cant be seen as much as a galaxy. It would also depends on the pilot. If you have a pilot that flys under tree level and barely scratches the ground then i think its gonna be better in than the deliverer. But if the pilot isnt too comfortable at flying 0.001 feet from the ground heh, then the deliverer would be better, slower, maybe tougher but stealthier.

Ill be in choice number one tho hehe. If u get ur head chopped off from a galaxy, u might ask urself if its me hehehe .
Old 2002-11-23, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea they will each have their own applications. I can think of one person who will be scraping the ground

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-23, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
EarlyDawn
Major General

Jetpack drops could have crazy possibilities. Imagine this one...

You and your group are assigned to hot-drop into a battlefield a couple of miles wide, so you form a squad. You grab a dune buggy, attach it to the galaxy, get your men and take off. Everyone is equipped with jetpacks for versitility in case of a problem,or AA defences make landing an impossibility.

About midway there, you get jumped by Air Superority. Accessing the empire chat channels, you get a fighter from an escourt group to take out your agressor, but you take heavy damage. Realizing that you are going down, you dump your buggy and bail, everyone scattered across the hge battlefield, linked only by a radio and the sheer will to regroup, find the buggy and survive...
Old 2002-11-23, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Hamma
PSU Admin

Old 2002-11-23, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by LNS0388
Jetpack drops could have crazy possibilities. Imagine this one...

You and your group are assigned to hot-drop into a battlefield a couple of miles wide, so you form a squad. You grab a dune buggy, attach it to the galaxy, get your men and take off. Everyone is equipped with jetpacks for versitility in case of a problem,or AA defences make landing an impossibility.
Sorry no Tribes jetpacks. Only 1 "unit" will have limited jetpack abilities and that's the Vanu MAX.
Old 2002-11-23, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

imho i think the deliverer will have maybe the extra advantage of stealth
The deliverer/sunderer will both have the same stealth advantage over the galaxy, the real advantage of the deliverer over the other transports is that it's amphibious, good armorments (at least the concept) and is faster, but it has less armor/troop compacity.

Edit: Better?

Last edited by Incompetent; 2002-11-23 at 08:52 PM.
Old 2002-11-23, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
SVoyager
Contributor
Corporal

!!?? i compared it to the galaxy!!
Old 2002-11-23, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

i know, i i kinda lost track of my original intent for the post
Old 2002-11-23, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
SVoyager
Contributor
Corporal

oh hehe ok lol
Old 2002-11-23, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Hamma
PSU Admin

i think he was referring to the jetpack like things when you bail from a mosquito, galaxy.. etc

Old 2002-11-24, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

i think everyone here agrees with a crazy pilot flying at extremely low altitude with a fully loaded (or series of?) galaxy(s) and an adequet diversion a succesful depp attack into enemy territory is entirely possible......

this game just keeps gettin better and better doesn't it.......
Old 2002-11-24, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

heheh, i can fly so low in bf1942 that i can actually turn my plane into dirt sled

hell i can even do it upside down, scraping my canopy against the ground, without taking damage, no exageration. man u have no idea the crazy stuff i am capable of doing with that big b-17

heheh, imagine the screams of my passengers as i scrape the ground, inverted trying to shake the reaver chasing me down, the reaver pilot, saying "where the hell did he go?"

god, that will be awsome
Old 2002-11-24, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
SVoyager
Contributor
Corporal

hehe i can imagine with also those lill forest, like the one in ur sig. That could be fun flying in there . If the ship can actually fit lol but still it can be a nice hiding spot.

The only thing im interrested to see is how the Flight Model will work out. How you will drive them, what will be the restrictions. If i compare a lill to t2 (sorry, its just the closest thing for my example), when u drive u cant do much with them. Making loops for example can easly be hazardeous to inexperienced people, simply because the plane always wants to level, so while u reach the top of the loop, the plane will want to level making it a immelman instead of the actual loop. If you dont have any corrections of some sort in PS, like super absolute plane leveling, then it might work good. Ull see people make some pretty good manoeveurs to get someone off his tail, instead of just running for mountains n such a la t2.

To me the almost perfect game so far that i tryed that has some nice FM is wwiiol's. U get some very very nice dogfights in there and a skilled pilot will own you badly, simply because you can do anything/evrything u could possibly do without any ai helping you keep the plane strait or limiting you in any way (besides the flying capabilities for the plane itself). Its hard at first but that way you make real good pilots.

I hope they model it so that the skill of the pilot actually matters. In a lot of action oriented games (such as PS tend to go to), skilled ground fighting does matter (u know when u get killed by someone skilled :-) ). The problem is that they tend to simplify so much the FM so that the most inexperienced wannabe flyboys can be good at it. IMHO, like the ground guys, if the pilots practice long enough, they'll be good. If its the first time you play ground, ull probably get ur ass kicked. For the planes, the first time you fly them you'll probably be hitting the ground often, it suck for the pilot but at least hes learning. If you have 20 different things helping you to prevent hitting the ground, u wont learn. So i hope the FM will not be giving "second chances", that way u can truly appreciate a skilled pilot, and you can appreciate good dogfights between skilled people .

feel free to discuss

.02$

-edit. typos

Last edited by SVoyager; 2002-11-24 at 03:20 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion