NDA lifted, screenshots for j00! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 0.000001% Nazi free.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-11, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Led

Talking NDA lifted, screenshots for j00!

Just a myriad bunch of screenies I have taken over the last few days Enjoy!

My buggy at a warpgate.

A MAX and myself with a grenade launcher covering a guy in standard armor hacking a tower door.

Bunch of Galaxies loading up at the NC Sanctuary.

Defending an entrance to the Itan Biolab while a Galaxy picks up a MAX.

Defending a base from a bunker.

An ANT loading up on a Galaxy for a fuel run.

NC mopping up terran resistance in the basement of a tower

Guarding one of the entrances to the basement in the Gunuku Dropship Center.

Several empty Galaxy transports after dropping their troops on a base.

Camping a TR spawntube with a scattercannon MAX

Epic battle south of Gunuku.

Another shot of the same battle.

And yet another.

One last shot.

Whee! ^_^ I love this game.
Old 2003-04-11, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Good stuff Led

I think I was playing TR in the fight pictured in your last screenies. Looks pretty familiar hehe

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
OutlawGummy
Corporal

That last screenshot looks like the bridge between gunuku on one side, and Itan and Kaang on the other. If so, and you are TR or NC, you were probabbly involved in that fight

Some times that bridge is so crowded with people running over it it's hard to drive across it without running your teammates over lol.
Old 2003-04-11, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Thx Led
Old 2003-04-11, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Led

Oh and by the way, my graphics are on MINIMUM settings. I have a great vidcard, but a slow processor (1.3ghz) and minimum required ram (512). But it plays very smoothly, it only lags when I first start it up and it has to load the new crap
Old 2003-04-11, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Most of my fights have actually taken place on Esamir or Oshur so far. I just happened to be trying TR that evening and instant action dropped me right in the thick of it

It was lotsa fun though, I got to snipe quite a few guys on the bridge. It's especially fun to nail the guys that'd go for cover behind a vanguard

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Can someone answer my question?
Whats the damage ratios and speeds of the assault rifles like?
Is the gauss slower firing then the other rifles?
Whats the damage ratios of the assault rifles, like does a cycler do 5 damage per hit, and a gauss do 8 damage per hit or something?

It'd probably beable to be found from ss's showing text like "you've been hit for 5 damage by 'blah' ".

Basically I really like the look of the gauss, and I like the idea of high damage over rate of fire, and I also like the idea of the manual control phoenix. I just want to know how much higher damage over the other weapons nc has.
Old 2003-04-11, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Unless there's an option I missed, there arent any "You've been hit for XXX" messages.

Damage-wise though, the gauss is pretty potent. It takes 10 rounds to kill a guy in reinforced armor (100hp, 150armor), and carries a 30 round clip.

I'm not sure about the cycler... it definately does less per shot, but fires much faster and carries 50 rounds.

The Phoenix is probably my favorite weapon atm.
I find myself playing anti-air a lot, so I know it only takes 2 shots to kill a skeeter, and 3 for a reaver.
It also has a 5-second lifespan, which gives you plenty of time to.. reach out and touch someone

edit: typos suck

Old 2003-04-11, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jimbo
Master Sergeant

Sweet pics, Led, thanks!
Old 2003-04-11, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Led

While crouching and zoomed (all medium rifles have a basic 4x zoom), the gauss is basically a fully automatic sniper rifle up to extreme ranges The cycler user will flat out lose medium-long range fights, but will rip up the gauss user when the ranges are shorter. Not to say I have not killed plenty of cycler and chaingun users at two foot range, it is just harder ^_^

Also, all weapons in this game have a basic cone of fire and range. So no one shot sniping to the clip plane like you can do with the AK in counterstrike. You can see people long before you can hit them with the zoom on the gauss rifle. The bolt driver has a much longe range, so do not worry
Old 2003-04-11, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Vash
Unless there's an option I missed, there arent any "You've been hit for XXX" messages.

Damage-wise though, the gauss is pretty potent. It takes 10 rounds to kill a guy in reinforced armor (100hp, 150armor), and carries a 30 round clip.

I'm not sure about the cycler... it definately does less per shot, but fires much faster and carries 50 rounds.

The Phoenix is probably my favorite weapon atm.
I find myself playing anti-air a lot, so I know it only takes 2 shots to kill a skeeter, and 3 for a reaver.
It also has a 5-second lifespan, which gives you plenty of time to.. reach out and touch someone

edit: typos suck
This is officially the happiest moment of my life, 10 rounds with gauss to kill a reinforced. Hot diggity! lol, man i have been asking this question for about a year now. I finally know! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee.

Okay, i'm done, 2 shots to kill a skeeter? fuck yes! the grunts will own joo, 3 for a reaver that is just fucking awesome. Geezus that is too sweet. I was expecting like 20-30 rounds with a gauss to kill a reinforced, and like 6 phoenix rockets to kill a reaver.

If you can answer these questions I will finally beable to die a happy man.

Does the gauss fire slower then a punisher or a suppressor or a pulsar?

How many gauss rounds ap does it take to kill a max? (huge estimate, like 200, or 300 or something?)

How many phoenix rockets does it take to kill a max?
Old 2003-04-11, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Very nice screens Led

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-04-11, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EarlyDawn
Major General

Is the Thumper effective? I'd like some feedback (Or forward, in this case ) on it.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Led
Not to say I have not killed plenty of cycler and chaingun users at two foot range, it is just harder ^_^

Also, all weapons in this game have a basic cone of fire and range. So no one shot sniping to the clip plane like you can do with the AK in counterstrike. You can see people long before you can hit them with the zoom on the gauss rifle. The bolt driver has a much longe range, so do not worry
One shot sniping to the clip plane? You mean you can't fire one round at a time without having a little bit of inaccuracy?

Yes, I do play counter strike but im just not familiar with that phrase (one shot sniping to the clip plane).

And gauss sucks at short range compared to tr weapons? That kinda sucks, but i can deal with it.

Edit: one last question, at medium range 'how many round bursts' do you have to fire? How many round bursts is confusing, let me explain, how many rounds in a burst of fire is effective at medium range? Examples: 2, 3, 4, 5.

Last edited by Venoxile; 2003-04-11 at 08:11 PM.
Old 2003-04-11, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Led

You pretty much have to have AP ammo to take out a max. I think if I can get them all to connect, I can rip off most of a MAXes armor in one magazine (NOT CLIP! IT IS A MAGAZINE!#%). I did take out a TR pounder max once using just regular ammo, it took something on the order of five mags!

A MAX falls to three phoenix rockets easily though. I carry seven rockets in my standard loadout, so I can kill two and put the hurting on a third

And on the gauss firing rate... umm... well it is pretty slow. Say on par with the G3A3 in firearms. It will empty the entire mag pretty quickly if you hold it down though, in say (guesstimating here) six or seven seconds.

And a supressor will still kill a reinforced wearing infantrywoman in one magazine, as I found out when one unexpectedly spawned behind me and I kept hitting 2 too fast, kept putting away my rifle right after I pulled it out >_<
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion