"out of bounds" - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: LOST: Puppy, goes by the name of "Hamma", reward if found
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-20, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Symmenix
Sergeant

Re: "out of bounds"

They're removing the borders soon.. *facepalm*
Old 2012-07-20, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
BraavikStal
Private

They have stated multiple times that when the game goes live, you will be able to go where ever you want on the continent and the out of bounds would be around the coast line, however they recently said that they want to extend the out of bounds border out even further, like at least two hexes further out over the water. They are listening to our complaints which is what I like about this dev team.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
IceJudge
Private

Misc Info

Hope they do wind up removing the out of bounds thing as well or at least pushing it out to where its rare to run into as it was in planetside 1. I found it disappointing in battlefield 3 too and the screen becoming distorted is really annoying to me. Never understood why its placed in games where the objectives are pretty centralized.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

This has already been dealt with, IIRC.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ivam Akorahil
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Haven't seen this discussed in the last 4 pages.

Dunno about you guys, but I'm bummed out at the "out of bounds" warning and then 10 second respawn timer past the border... My outfit usually did wide oceanic turns around enemy lines, this definitely would affect, I mean... Hamma was still on land when he got the display. It just seems like such a shitty addition, way too "call of planetfield"
first of all the out of borders is from battlefield and not call of nubgame :>

but secondly, i am 99% sure its a placeholder, and also designed to concentrate people during the beta on actual warfare instead of exploring.

TBH i like having combat channeled, things like "backdoor ninjas" and guys who steal themselves past the frontline to tag objectives behind them is retarded, combat should be focused on frontlines, and pushing them forward by tactical means. except for the occasional spec ops team, but spec ops is fine, what i hate are the "solo circumventers who runn about just to tag objectives instead of actual partaking in the combat.

frontline fights are allways cooler than splitting forces around
Old 2012-07-20, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Firearms
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
As of right now the out of bounds can't be taken one way or the other since they don't have the whole map active.

But when they do, I suspect there will be some irritating restrictions.
Apart from any that might be in the tech test/showcase Higby showed that it's one hex into the water(ish) and stated it needed to be further (as said above)
As for the irratating restrictions, I guess that will be the case until you can fly from one cont to another...and the cieling won't be high enough for some either. Certainly not for the old grizzled and war wiery veterans....of battlefield.
Old 2012-07-20, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Ivam Akorahil View Post
first of all the out of borders is from battlefield and not call of nubgame :>

but secondly, i am 99% sure its a placeholder, and also designed to concentrate people during the beta on actual warfare instead of exploring.

TBH i like having combat channeled, things like "backdoor ninjas" and guys who steal themselves past the frontline to tag objectives behind them is retarded, combat should be focused on frontlines, and pushing them forward by tactical means. except for the occasional spec ops team, but spec ops is fine, what i hate are the "solo circumventers who runn about just to tag objectives instead of actual partaking in the combat.

frontline fights are allways cooler than splitting forces around
Forced meatgrinding isn't fun. If we're going to have that, then there is zero purpose to large scale. Choke point and tunnel focus wherein you have no choice but to press forward through the enemy could easily make 200 players feel like 2000.

Originally Posted by Firearms View Post
Apart from any that might be in the tech test/showcase Higby showed that it's one hex into the water(ish) and stated it needed to be further (as said above)
As for the irratating restrictions, I guess that will be the case until you can fly from one cont to another...and the cieling won't be high enough for some either. Certainly not for the old grizzled and war wiery veterans....of battlefield.

You're right about that. People aren't wanting to abandon Battlefield just to come and find out of bound restrictions of a different kind.
Old 2012-07-20, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Azren
Sergeant Major

The problem was not that you could not fly over the ocean.

You got out of bounds warnings everywhere now. You can not fly over enemy territory because you will get that warning.

It was meant to keep the fights more centralised. Bad idea in my opinion. Should be removed, only map edges need this.

Originally Posted by Firearms View Post
We need a low cieling, or it will be bomber's paradise. In PS1 we have maps where the flight altitude is above the AA's range, think that's fun? You get bombed and can not do anything about it.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Infektion
Sergeant Major

What's wrong with ghost hacking behind enemy lines? Another great strategy to take force off the front line... I fail to see why you're against this. Solo this step is great, minimal effort made to reduce Enemy numbers while you maintain them.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Firearms
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Azren View Post
You get bombed and can not do anything about it.
Send up your flying monkeys? Surely that's the same argument as the medic whining he can't splode a tank...?
Old 2012-07-20, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

We need a low cieling, or it will be bomber's paradise. In PS1 we have maps where the flight altitude is above the AA's range, think that's fun? You get bombed and can not do anything about it.
If they're really bombing from all the way up there they shouldn't be getting many kills; the drop time is long enough to get out of the way. Effective Lib bombers fly nap of the earth.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-20, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Nasher
Sergeant

The tiny "warzone" in the E3 demo was temporary, but the one over the coastline wasn't. I really hope they do as they say and move it much further out. Stuff like that has no place in an open world game :/
Old 2012-07-20, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
leecH
Private

i hope they wont "dumb down" the game with things like this. it makes a big difference to the feel of a game if you have alot of restrictions.

i remember too doing this in ps1 but one could also argue it is broken game design. after all you probably dont want people avoiding combat. hopefully they figure out a more fun way for people to backdoor.
like cloaked paper ATV´s without weapons or something ^_^
Old 2012-07-20, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Stardouser
Colonel

If people are playing the objectives, then eventually you have to go to the objectives and you will meet them in battle. Forcing people to travel in in strict lanes so that they meet people head to head all the time absolutely defeats the purpose of a large scale game.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by leecH View Post
restrictions.

i remember too doing this in ps1 but one could also argue it is broken game design. after all you probably dont want people avoiding combat.
Yeah because people totally would just hang in the ocean avoiding combat all the time in Planetside

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion