News: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NOS+MAX=Sweet
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-09, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Rolfski
Major

Re: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live

And all the scores: http://planetside2.eu/teasers/586-ul...all-the-scores

Competition for VS/TR 1st place seemed fairly tense, with only a few kills making the difference. What I don't understand though is that it was based on points, I thought the winner would be revealed on no of kills?
Old 2013-07-09, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Tenhi
Corporal

The competition was allways about score and not about kills.

But its quite interesting to see the final scores because they differ quite a bit from the scores you could see on the playersite.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

ELEVEN (!) NC have more Score than the Rank 1 VS AND TR player.

I think its save to say that this whole thign is completly screwed.

Long post later, gotta go shopping first.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
torokf
Corporal

as the Second place NC i gotta say i'm quite sad, my plan was indeed to start the match with a Max but i couldn't afford it because i didn't receive the Resources at start of the Match, (later they told me i could've whispered them but in the middle of the fight one does not simply find the time to do it,) so my first 10 minutes were much lower xp/min than Kanum's ones, well that's it.
there's nothing much to do or say at this point.

That was derp :\ mono scatmax for the NC was the only way to play, I really wished they would have limited or forbidden the MAX unit from the Contest because somehow i knew it would've ended like this but i relied on the fact that they wouldn't have lasted long.. how wrong i was, since the Biolab was in our Control (what a dumb fucking thing lol) it was an easy playground for the NC scatmax.

Fuck my life

Last edited by torokf; 2013-07-09 at 11:40 AM.
Old 2013-07-09, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Worst competition ever, and if this is a preview of what's to come competition-wise, then planetside 2 is screwed.
Old 2013-07-09, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
Worst competition ever, and if this is a preview of what's to come competition-wise, then planetside 2 is screwed.
Well what did you expect from a planetside competition ?? We all know how this game is meant to be played.
Old 2013-07-09, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Well what did you expect from a planetside competition ?? We all know how this game is meant to be played.
I believe that Planetside 2 can be competitive. The way this was set up is totally retarded though, and I hope that the people that organised this shit realize that aswell.
Old 2013-07-09, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
torokf
Corporal

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
i doubt it, after all this was organized by proesieben, which i don't even have any clue about who the hell they are anyway, didn't even had their Client (which no comment how much i fucking hated it lol, once the competition started i noticed the ADS sensibility didn't save nor it would let it change, i could only hipfire ha!)
i think Higby didn't even know about this thing at all lol, or if he did he didn't give a shit, and we can't blame him
Everyone for themselves is what we were told, not really what you wanna promote in a "teamplay" competitive fps, the organizers were even debating about letting us teamkill ourselves turning it into a deatmatch, in fact they said to us when we gathered on the Mallory server this very words "teamkills are allowed so pick up your choice about killing your own faction members, but be warned of the Weapon lock" in the end it was all a joke but it wasn't funny lol, in fact my first death was a teamkill lol, from a medic who didn't even revived me ahah

Last edited by torokf; 2013-07-09 at 12:42 PM.
Old 2013-07-09, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Your both talking crap.

The reason this went so badly was because of the nature of it. All factions fought themself more than the enemy, and while we all knew that this wouldnt end up perfectly, nobody expected it to be that bad.

Prior to the event, i did a list of all scenarios that could happen, and how i react to them. This was done to figure out what classes i should cert up, and how, depending on how many cert points we get at the start.

I did expect the Scatmax spam. I however did not calculate their power correctly. This was vastly different play than on the live servers, where maxes are far less of a problem most of the time.

So there I was, all 96 of my potential scenarios done in vain, extremly frustrated due to being farmed, while seeing others of my faction going higher and higher in the scoreboard. I was raging, yelling at my screen. And the simple reason for that is: I was alone. There were 10 other purple guys, but i was in fact alone. Heck, i did not accept revives to not give them points, thats how far it went.

From all this, there is one valuable lesson to be learned: Planetside 2 truly is a team game, that simply cannot be played as a deathmatch.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Kanum
Private

Originally Posted by torokf View Post
as the Second place NC i gotta say i'm quite sad, my plan was indeed to start the match with a Max but i couldn't afford it because i didn't receive the Resources at start of the Match, (later they told me i could've whispered them but in the middle of the fight one does not simply find the time to do it,) so my first 10 minutes were much lower xp/min than Kanum's ones, well that's it.
there's nothing much to do or say at this point.

That was derp :\ mono scatmax for the NC was the only way to play, I really wished they would have limited or forbidden the MAX unit from the Contest because somehow i knew it would've ended like this but i relied on the fact that they wouldn't have lasted long.. how wrong i was, since the Biolab was in our Control (what a dumb fucking thing lol) it was an easy playground for the NC scatmax.

Fuck my life
Spent the first ten minutes as light assault so this post is irrelevant.
Old 2013-07-09, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Kanum View Post
And you racked up so many points as LA that you were able to coast through the rest of the event?

So maybe the first 10 minutes weren't as important. Maybe the competitors were feeling each other out. I don't know, I didn't catch the start of the event and after I started watching, I turned it off after a few minutes. Either way, that doesn't invalidate the second part of the post.

The fact of the matter is that 11 out of the 12 NC "competitors" scored higher than the entirety of the VS and TR players. You can't look at that and tell me that mistakes weren't made.

It's over and done with at any rate. Congratulations to the winners. Enjoy SOE Live.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-07-09 at 04:35 PM. Reason: clairfication
Old 2013-07-09, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Kanum
Private

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
And you racked up so many points as LA that you were able to coast through the rest of the event?

So maybe the first 10 minutes weren't as important. Maybe the competitors were feeling each other out. I don't know, I didn't catch the start of the event and after I started watching, I turned it off after a few minutes. Either way, that doesn't invalidate the second part of the post.

The fact of the matter is that 11 out of the 12 NC "competitors" scored higher than the entirety of the VS and TR players. You can't look at that and tell me that mistakes weren't made.

It's over and done with at any rate. Congratulations to the winners. Enjoy SOE Live.
Can you be the first person in this thread to explain how the NC scores had any relevance whatsoever to whether a TR/VS player won the competition?
Old 2013-07-09, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
torokf
Corporal

well played then anyway
Old 2013-07-09, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Your both talking crap.

Ok then Basti... How do you make it fair and competitive between 3 factions in a competition like this ??? Sounds like you know.
Old 2013-07-09, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Can you be the first person in this thread to explain how the NC scores had any relevance whatsoever to whether a TR/VS player won the competition?
Of course not, as you know that wasn't the point of the event nor the point of my post. Pro7 at least got that portion of the event correct, take the top scoring player per empire instead of the top three overall. You could have held the event in the middle of an open field with knives only and in the end one NC, one TR and one VS player would have won a ticket to SOE Live.

My issue is with the stream itself and the relevancy of torokf's post.

Setting up the event in such a manner (faction owned biolab) made the stream worthless, even if the commentary was able to continue throughout the stream (there was almost dead silence in the portion I watched, just following around some random NC guy the entire time). Pro7 will need to step it up if they want to continue to stream event's like this in the future. Otherwise just turn the whole thing off and just announce the winners. As far as I'm concerned the entire event was a farce from a spectator's point of view.

As for torokf's post, the entire thing isn't irrelevant, ScatMAX in a bio is the only way for the NC to go, in an event like this or not. That the scores turned out the way that they did is purely asinine and indicative of a larger problem.

You got your ticket so you obviously don't care. I was never going to get a ticket (I'm American), my only interest was watching some of the best players from the EU servers fight each other. You got yours, those of us watching got cheated.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-07-09 at 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion