Vanu aesthetics buff incoming (colour and camo) - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma: The Other White Meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-18, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Vanu aesthetics buff incoming (colour and camo)

Lookin for a Fight? Trust Nanite™

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-18, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Zulthus
Colonel

If I'm being honest I don't see too much of a difference, I just hope they keep purple and teal as the empire's main colors.
Old 2013-04-19, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Falcon_br
Captain

Everyone is telling that the Vanu is no longer purple!
They are now green and black!

Of course the empire color is still purple, but there is no longer purple on the Vanu units, all green and black!

When you use camo, only the green is left.

Now the game is officially RGB, most colorblind people are happy with that, I still cannot see the vanu in the dark. And they only get out in the dark!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-19, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Everyone is telling that the Vanu is no longer purple!
They are now green and black!
Green? What green? Your drivers must be messed up if you see green on VS infantry without camo.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Snoopy
Sergeant

^yeah, I don't know what green he's talking about...
Old 2013-04-19, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by KaskaMatej View Post
Green? What green? Your drivers must be messed up if you see green on VS infantry without camo.
Well, maybe there are only people that use one of the green camos in that server. I saw one like that when I played. And one had almost 1:1 nc camo.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Honestly, I think green should have been the original Vanu color anyways. RGB makes sense. Green is more popular, its more distinct from blue than the current purple, and I think it would provide a most generally appealing asthetic. The secondary color can remain purple and the logo and remain the same.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
JeffBeefjaw
Corporal

These guys wore purple proudly, I for one am disappointed by what they are doing

Old 2013-04-19, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Micro
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by JeffBeefjaw View Post
These guys wore purple proudly, I for one am disappointed by what they are doing

That's what I want Vanu to look like. Love PS1! <3
Old 2013-04-19, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Shogun
Contributor
General

didn´t t-ray state that we would get the original infantry models in the shop, a long time ago? is this still in the pipeline, or has it been canceled?

if the devs decide to throw the old models into the shop, i really hope, they will ONLY give them the original color shemes! but in all the possible variations that represented the ps1 battlerank colors. hey, they could even sell every different battlerank colorsheme seperately to make more money. i am sure, a lot of outfits would be proud to wear the original heroic color patterns! i totally loved to play as an almost golden scattermax or rexo cr5. camo is for sissies!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-04-21, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
didn´t t-ray state that we would get the original infantry models in the shop, a long time ago? is this still in the pipeline, or has it been canceled?

if the devs decide to throw the old models into the shop, i really hope, they will ONLY give them the original color shemes! but in all the possible variations that represented the ps1 battlerank colors. hey, they could even sell every different battlerank colorsheme seperately to make more money. i am sure, a lot of outfits would be proud to wear the original heroic color patterns! i totally loved to play as an almost golden scattermax or rexo cr5. camo is for sissies!
If the models are updated to current standards I'd definitely chuck money their way And I'm saying that as someone who has never played PS1. I can only go by the screenshots online and the Vanu look way better in the original game than they do in PS2.

Old 2013-04-21, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
hashish
Sergeant

Originally Posted by JeffBeefjaw View Post

Yea i fully agree, PS1 Vanu were the true Vanu.. T-ray has screwed up the models and made the ps2 VS looks like a bunch of spandex monkeys.. I dont believe at all the he supports Vanu, probably NC or TR and has sabotaged us

This whole VS update was a bunch of bollox to be honest.. They said they will change up the models and then they didnt change anything, no scale armour like original VS.. Only a small colour co-ordination which still makes VS characters look like crap :/

@Tramell Isac, YOU HAVE NOT FAILED VANU, YOU FAILED YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2013-04-21, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
MercDT
Sergeant

I prefer the PS1 vanu (and NC) player models too. I think it has to do with the fact the player models suffer greatly when they stripped the intended look all infantry units (composite armor without the the black armor plating, see old screenshots) in order to sell them in the cashshop just to have another thing to sell by the release date. I'm still surprised that they have not added unique body armor to their shop by now.

Also, the lack of orange visors is depressing.

Last edited by MercDT; 2013-04-21 at 06:12 AM.
Old 2013-04-21, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Fenrys
Major

To avoid being TK'd, some time ago I had removed all my camo except on vehicles and Infiltrator.

The Infiltrator had a nice tan/green/gray suit that blended well in every setting.
The update made my camo more noticeable than the default wall-gray suit. They took out the gray from the camo and replaced it's faded, hard to notice pastels with with super saturated cartoon colors that jump off the screen at you.

So now I just don't use infantry camo, since the default uniform is superior to anything else available.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
To avoid being TK'd, some time ago I had removed all my camo except on vehicles and Infiltrator.

The Infiltrator had a nice tan/green/gray suit that blended well in every setting.
The update made my camo more noticeable than the default wall-gray suit. They took out the gray from the camo and replaced it's faded, hard to notice pastels with with super saturated cartoon colors that jump off the screen at you.

So now I just don't use infantry camo, since the default uniform is superior to anything else available.
I really like Esamir because it is just like Hoth, everyone in white!

But this is a problem, I was in andavi (forgot the name, the west bio lab), a light assault landed in the middle of 3 maxes, 4 engineers, placed c4 and flew away without any retaliation besides mine, got a 6 kills with 2 c4, 3 maxes!
After that all weapon became hot, it was a hell of a tk environment!
After the third tk, I changed my camouflage to alpha squad, no longer got tk.
Now I am wondering, inside a zerg I think it is better to stay with your team color than with camouflage, the enemy got plenty of targets anyway, but I do think they will fire in the most colorful one first, so I will keep using camouflage.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion