This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to much ! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does It For The Chicks
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-29, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Re: This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to mu

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
I don't think they'll ever have a payment requirement for creating outfits... cutting players off from such a big part of the game might not be P2W, but is certainly can hurt the game a lot. To be completely honest, it's up to the devs to come up with new and interesting skins, camo patterns and whatnot to keep the $$ rolling in. Players shouldn't feel like the game is cutting them out if they don't pay. And paying for things that you ALSO can obtain by just playing is not doing that, just fyi.

That said, before anyone whines... I will be bying stuff... probably things I don't even need just because I want to support them.
I wholly support this philosophy and will be doing so myself as well. And maybe if I ever find some angry NC complaining that I have stuff because I bought it and he's only playing for free and it'll take him a year to get the same stuff then I'll just point and laugh on the forums But mostly just to support the Devs to create more stuff ^^
Old 2012-06-29, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Ratstomper
Major

Re: This game Need FreePlayers in order to suceed stop to trying to limite them to mu

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
I don't think they'll ever have a payment requirement for creating outfits... cutting players off from such a big part of the game might not be P2W, but is certainly can hurt the game a lot. To be completely honest, it's up to the devs to come up with new and interesting skins, camo patterns and whatnot to keep the $$ rolling in. Players shouldn't feel like the game is cutting them out if they don't pay. And paying for things that you ALSO can obtain by just playing is not doing that, just fyi.
This. All this talk of paying for sidegrade and (probably) outfits is just entirely contrary to what the devs have said since they decided on the business model. What fuels the game isn't money, it's enthusiasm for the game itself. When people enjoy the game and are spending so much time in it because it's fun, those are the people who will pay for neat little customization things and we've seen ALOT of enthusiasm for the game already.

There's no reason (yet) to believe that the business model will fail or that f2p players won't have access to all integral parts of the game. So, stop worryin' 'bout it.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
gufftroad
Corporal

from everything i've read and heard from them they aren't going to make it pay to win. i disagree with needing to sell all this extra crap. look at games like League of Legends and Tribes both are free and both let you unlock near everything with in game currency but the time it takes is long to say the least i've spent a butt load of money on those games and will probably do the same here its nice to buy a little something every once in a while its not nice to pay for EVERYTHING like a lot of people are suggesting, wanting us to pay for outfits and what not
Old 2012-06-29, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
This. All this talk of paying for sidegrade and (probably) outfits is just entirely contrary to what the devs have said since they decided on the business model. What fuels the game isn't money, it's enthusiasm for the game itself. When people enjoy the game and are spending so much time in it because it's fun, those are the people who will pay for neat little customization things and we've seen ALOT of enthusiasm for the game already.

There's no reason (yet) to believe that the business model will fail or that f2p players won't have access to all integral parts of the game. So, stop worryin' 'bout it.
I agree but i will be worried as long as forums people will make pressure to the devs to restrict the free players to much just for the sake of retricted them or controle them it will ruins the game and hurt the players based thats why iam worried !
Old 2012-06-29, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The only limits placed on freebs are self imposed.

Old 2012-06-29, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I agree but i will be worried as long as forums people will make pressure to the devs to restrict the free players to much just for the sake of retricted them or controle them it will ruins the game and hurt the players based thats why iam worried !
Noone knows the game better than the devs. They know what will work and what won't. They've said time and time again that it won't happen. Just have some faith in them and stop worrying about it.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Noone knows the game better than the devs. They know what will work and what won't. They've said time and time again that it won't happen. Just have some faith in them and stop worrying about it.
Ive seen whats a forums community can do to somes games many of them ask for change and dont realize the repercution on the games !

Look in BF3 alpha the guns was a little to accurate but not thats much people have ask on forums with millions of treads to significantly impprove the recoils and dumb down the accuracy whats was the result ?

The devs have lisen and they have significatly improove the recoils and bullets spread At launch the game was barely nothing more than a randoms spray and prey game !

they have fix it several months after , many patchs but look whats those community members have done to the game !

In Bf3 at launch, it was better for you to hold the trigger down and sligthly moove your mouse down a little to handle the recoils and to get more kills !

those people have ask for the most frustrating and randoms weapons mechanics ! The Bfbc2 recoils mechanics was far better single shot and tapping fire was better over the spray and prey like it was in BF3

its not exactly the devs fault its mainly and forums people making pressure over dev and giving dumb and idiots feedback !

Almost the same here , they ask to ruins the experience for free players taking away the enjoyement of the games etc.. many people dont think twice about the consequence of whats they are asking for , the real consequences !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-29 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

everyone will be a free player , what are you smoking
Old 2012-06-29, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
everyone will be a free player , what are you smoking
actually no, many people here seams to want to have a subscibtion model instead of free to play but like i said they dont realise the consequence of whats they are asking for, this game need 2000 players per continents to be really fun to play, all the balanced and maps layout as been designed with that in mind !

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-29 at 12:43 PM.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Stew, there is no subscription model. Supplemental, a quick forum search yields that you are the primary factor driving discussion of such a thing. I'd take the earlier advice to just relax and let the team do their thing.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Envenom
Sergeant Major

How about everyone stops nosing around in SOE's business model and just let's the pros do their ****ing job? Hey?
Old 2012-06-29, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Stew, there is no subscription model. Supplemental, a quick forum search yields that you are the primary factor driving discussion of such a thing. I'd take the earlier advice to just relax and let the team do their thing.
I have never talk about a (( confirme )) subscribtion model i just talk about BAd influence that community can have on games sometimes and the repercussion of those on the games and How they dont realise most of the time whats they are asking for !

Many people here have ask multiple times to have subs model instead of F2p and some others who comes with Bad idea of making core features lock for Freeplayers and unlock for kinda subscribtion people who pay like 15 to 25 $ a month !

This game is a Free to play and their is a reason for that this game need unprecedented numbers of players , we cant achive this kind of scales with a subscibtion model or even with selling the box Since planetside isnt popular as call of duty !

I hope it will change tho ,down the road many people will realise planetside 2 has more to offer than any others shooter games but in order to do thats (( freeplayers )) as to be seduced they have to get atached to the game and dont have to feel they are forced to pay for every single features community core features etc.. ...

And soon if you have make their free players experience enjoyable and fair ... you will see those free players becomming a buyers of many side grades , weapons and skins custumisation vehicules and so on

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-29 at 01:34 PM.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
TheSaltySeagull
Sergeant

actually no, many people here seams to want to have a subscibtion model instead of free to play but like i said they dont realise the consequence of whats they are asking for, this game need 2000 players per continents to be really fun to play, all the balanced and maps layout as been designed with that in mind !
I actually took the time to register here just to make a comment in this thread because I think it needs to be said. The comment quoted above is simply false. You do NOT have to have a free game in order to attract a large player base. If you have a good quality game people will play it even if they have to pay. WoW is the most successful MMO in history and it requires players to pay a box price for the core game and its expansions as well as a monthly sub and has micro transactions. And despite that millions play it.

I am not going to comment on whether I like the free model vs other types like a sub based one because the devs have clearly stated the type of business model they are going to run with so no sense debating it unless we actually see real problems crop up during live. However the logic presented by the OP that the game "needs" to be free in order to attract 2k players per cont is flat out wrong and I felt it needed to be pointed out. If PS2 ends up being as good as it looks people most certainly would pay to play it.

EDIT: meant to say 2k per cont not server

Last edited by TheSaltySeagull; 2012-06-29 at 01:42 PM.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
How about everyone stops nosing around in SOE's business model and just let's the pros do their ****ing job? Hey?
I couldn't read that with a straight face. I'm sorry.

Old 2012-06-29, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by TheSaltySeagull View Post
I actually took the time to register here just to make a comment in this thread because I think it needs to be said. The comment quoted above is simply false. You do NOT have to have a free game in order to attract a large player base. If you have a good quality game people will play it even if they have to pay. WoW is the most successful MMO in history and it requires players to pay a box price for the core game and its expansions as well as a monthly sub and has micro transactions. And despite that millions play it.

I am not going to comment on whether I like the free model vs other types like a sub based one because the devs have clearly stated the type of business model they are going to run with so no sense debating it unless we actually see real problems crop up during live. However the logic presented by the OP that the game "needs" to be free in order to attract 2k players per cont is flat out wrong and I felt it needed to be pointed out. If PS2 ends up being as good as it looks people most certainly would pay to play it.

EDIT: meant to say 2k per cont not server
Well said. Welcome to PSU!

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion