Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I thought it was 'VIP Stalker.'
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-19, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #211
Kayos
Corporal

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

I'm all for HA's being able to pilot/drive as long as MAX's can't drive anything.
I hate in PS1 running up to a vehicle pad and not being able to get one because of the armor I was wearing. Waste of time having to run to an equipment terminal to change armor.
Old 2012-06-19, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
super pretendo
First Sergeant

I agree with people talking about galaxy's being devalue'd. I'd like to see galaxy's being irreplaceable in terms of mass transport.
Old 2012-06-19, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I understand the point you are making however in PS1 ...not being able to pilot as HA emphasized more of a meaning for a galaxy. As it stands now in PS2, the only benefit of bringing a galaxy would be 2 max units.

I think the system was fair in PS1: Rexo could pilot only open canopy type of vehicles (harasser, atv, skyguard, buggy)
But here's what I keep trying to emphasize:

Light Assault will be overpowered as bailers too.

In a base/tower fight in PS1, assuming even skill between players, Rexo beats Agile every time. In PS2, a good LA player will probably mop the floor with a good HA player in a lot of situations. And if it's bailers trying to shoot down their attackers that you're worried about, I'd be more concerned about LA myself. We all know how overpowered VS MAX jump jets were at dodging Reaver spam in PS1.

I'm all for making sure Galaxies stay important and valuable as drop ships, but it's really too early to say. We really need beta for that discussion, because we don't know if it is broken or not in the current design. All that we can do for now is state how we want it and think it should be. I want Galaxies to trump bailing from fighters for everyone but dedicated rapid responders.

Bottom line: If they make Galaxy dropping useful enough, it won't matter if HA can pilot aircraft or not. If they don't make Galaxy dropping useful enough, then every class will be overpowered as a pilot, not just HA.

I just can't see any good argument for discriminating against HA in this regard. This is not PS1.
Old 2012-06-19, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
FuzzyandBlue
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post

I'm all for making sure Galaxies stay important and valuable as drop ships, but it's really too early to say. We really need beta for that discussion, because we don't know if it is broken or not in the current design. All that we can do for now is state how we want it and think it should be. I want Galaxies to trump bailing from fighters for everyone but dedicated rapid responders.

Bottom line: If they make Galaxy dropping useful enough, it won't matter if HA can pilot aircraft or not. If they don't make Galaxy dropping useful enough, then every class will be overpowered as a pilot, not just HA.
The galaxy does have one other use. It now acts as a mobile spawn/ resupply point. The faction specific aircraft don't. So for a base attack a galaxy drop followed by the pilot landing makes way more sense then 40 guys bailing out of Reavers/Mossies/Sythes.
Old 2012-06-19, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Scythe , Mosquito , Reaver , Liberator , Galaxy.

I dont see HA in that list
Old 2012-06-19, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I've always viewed the Heavy Assault guys in Planetside 2 as akin to the Spartans of Halo. Killing machines in power armor, but not overly bulky armor.

In Planetside 1, they restricted Rexo because there were no classes. Forcing agile armor restricted the player of one weapon slot and a 3x9 section of inventory. Yet, they could still work in a med app, an engi tool, HA or AV, maybe both if they wanted to make some big sacrifices, etc.

In Planetside 2, the Heavy Assault guy isn't nearly as self-sustainable as the rexos of old. He has the glaring weakness of once his shield is gone, his health is next, and that doesn't regen outside of medical attention.

Additionally, just watching the videos, 1 guy could put him down fairly quickly with a rifle. Stampeding into a crowd rambo style might not be so viable a tactic this time around. ADAD saved the agiles in Planetside 1. I imagine SOE is trying to prevent that problem in the second iteration.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion