'Stew' - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimp my Galaxy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site Feedback / Support

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-17, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

Question 'Stew'

Nonsensical posts and illegible/unreadable posts seem to appear frequently bearing the appearance of being written by a person (which has the appearance of being "Stew"), but they are so nonsensical and error-ridden that surely this must be intentional trolling, intentional creation of horrible posts to torment and drive insane the rest of the forums' population. These seem to be the only product of this "Stew," so, I propose that this be "corrected" by blocking any further posts by "Stew" to prevent this insanity from continuing.

The last post of his that I have seen (before I put him on ignore just a minute ago, and all his posts disappeared, which is probably not the best solution):
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
here you go another tread i told you dude avoid the tread you dont like ! how old are you ?
(I don't suppose these forums have a system whereby if a certain number of people have a person on ignore, that person is auto-banned, do they?)
Old 2012-06-17, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: 'Stew'

You'd probably be better off PMing a mod/hamma about this.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I shrug it off as he is probably someone who doesnt speak english as his primary or even secondary language...

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vancha
Colonel

I thought Stew was a social experiment? No?
Old 2012-06-17, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

So you're suggesting he's just an incredibly lazy native English speaker? That is one conclusion, but you know, being too lazy to not be terrible is indistinguishable from satirizing lazy native English speakers all the time.

Dyslexia could be used as an excuse to spell everything wrong (though I have not seen him make that claim), but not to make every other possible mistake that could be made in English.

So I suppose the question is this: Why does someone who types illegible gibberish not get banned after the 200th post or so? Does this mean that anyone could start typing illegible gibberish as a satire of Stew, also without being banned? What if half the forum started satirizing his writing style? What then?

Last edited by Trafalgar; 2012-06-17 at 08:14 PM.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zulthus
Colonel

I don't like the grammar in his posts either, but I see no reason to care this much to call him out or be a douchebag about it.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
Nonsensical posts and illegible/unreadable posts [..] they are so nonsensical and error-ridden that surely this must be intentional trolling, intentional creation of horrible posts to torment and drive insane the rest of the forums' population
If this is the only criteria to ban people then the mods would be forced to ban and delete a lot of posts. I've talked to Hamma about this before about keeping the quality of the board to a higher standard by removing such posts, but the general consensus is that censoring individuals, even those that aren't giving "good" criticism, would give the forum a repressive reputation.

Also forcing the moderators to judge what content is useful of insightful is a lot of work without looking like they're censoring random opinions that are just subjectively bad to a few people.

That and some of the moderators can't be objective in discussions as we've seen already.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-18, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

PSU already supports a mechanism for dealing with Stew - Ignore. It works great. He's so unintelligible that the you'd have better chances of winning the lottery than Stew having a valuable contribution to the community. So ignore and move on.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Notturno
Private

This same crop of complaints popped up in the FireFall community, and they all fell along the same line of complaints; oftentimes unintelligible posts, arguing of the sake of arguing, mostly ignoring counter points in discussions, and general accusations of trolling.

If you have even the slightest level of experience with forum trolls, it's painfully obvious nobody is legitimately that clueless. He's probably the most creative and dedicated forum troll I've seen in years, and the fact that there are people here feeding his ego and complaining just proves that he's already getting the reaction he wants. If you think someone who creates images like this isn't trolling, then I don't know how else to help you.

Though I'm going to agree with other posters here; he isn't breaking community rules, so you need to use the ignore feature if you don't like his posts. Until the PSU team decides they want to remove someone from the community for being disruptive or violating their terms of service, then you just have to deal with it.
Old 2012-06-18, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Please report posts you believe are against the forum rules and they will be looked after. If you just don't like a persons point of view or grammar, you are just going to have to ignore them.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site Feedback / Support