The Neuro Report - E3 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ( . )( . ) BOOBS!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Re: The Neuro Report - E3

Alright folks, I've got a short list and I'll see what I can do to get answers today.

More about flying / flight physics

Cloak Duration (I'll look for duration certs in the infil tree too)

Heavy Assault Shield Duration (Again I'll look for certs that extend it)

Medic/Engineer functionality

Grenade functionality (its only on the button press, not 1-9, so I have to see if holding it down adjusts tossing strength)

Spot Player (I'm guessing its more like a laze pointer alternative)

Feel and recoil (incl. with variations of the same gun)

As for my camera, I'm using a Blackberry tablet... not my first choice, but it has much more room than my other devices. I may bring a basic digital camera today, instead.
Old 2012-06-06, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hamma
PSU Admin

Great Post!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-07, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Day 2

Long day, good day. I got interviewed about by Adam Clegg (I think it was on the live stream)! Video Game Live was awesome too.

Anyhow, I got an opportunity to check things out, and access everything that had been asked about.

Flight Physics - After trying it out in more depth, I found that the flight physics are quite awesome. A and D turn hard on a scythe, so banking isn't really needed. Full 360 degree vertical maneuverability, meaning you can be completely upside down and still control the aircraft properly (though liberator engines don't like this as much). Aircraft can really do amazing stuff now, its awesome. I'm sure I didn't cover everything here, so please ask specific questions and I'll try to answer them as best as possible tomorrow.

Cloak Duration - Currently 10-15 seconds not sure if moving makes it burn faster or not. There are certs to alter and modify the shield.

HA Shield Duration - It was explained that it isn't how long it lasts so much as the amount of damage it can sustain. It felt like it naturally wore off after about 15 seconds though, but I may be mistaken about that.

Medic - It seems really awesome, but I couldn't unlock the certs for revive grenade or nanite grenade to see its fullest capacity. It didn't appear to have a way to toggle between targeting allies vs targeting self. I used the class ability a couple times, but it didn't appear to do anything... then again I wasn't using it near friendly corpses. The Pulsar that I had as a Medic appeared to be different than the ones I had for other classes, like it was a longer range model or something. I may be mistaken, though.

Engineer - Also awesome. Flak sprays and hits air well, but direct damage from the engineer turret does more damage than flak, so I was able to post up in a corner and run the turret til I got bored of using it to take down air. The ACE doesn't appear to do anything else right now, though. Beyond that, the animation for the nanite repair process looks kinda neat.

Grenade functionality - What we see now is basically a working version with no features. Press the button, hold the button, no difference. No cooking, no strength control. This is not how it'll be in beta, this is literally just enough code to make a functional grenade toss, and I appreciate them putting it in. There is also no way to hold the grenade in your hand instead of a firearm or tool. I say don't worry on this, because it is clearly in a limited state.

Spot Player - Just as the grenade just has the most basic and featureless demonstrative functionality possible, so did spotting. Mash 1, anything within 300 meters that you can see lights up with a nametag. This is obviously not how it is intended for the final run, and will likely undergo considerable cone and range limitations before beta begins.

Feel & Recoil - I felt like most anti-infantry weapons spray and require tapfire or bursts, anti-vehicular are all slow (slow travel speed and / or rate of fire) projectiles with heavy kick, and AA is mostly accurate flak sprayfire. In general, I didn't feel confident holding down left-click for too long with any high RoF weapon, even dual Quasars. If I recall correctly, it does pull the weapon up a bit, instead of simply addressing recoil with bloom. I couldn't really tell if mods were doing what they said they would (aside from scope) so I didn't get a feel for how much each variation actually changes everything.

Additional notes:
Don't disrespect sidearms, not for a damn moment. There were a few players (mainly NC) who I met pistol vs rifle and smoked them. They draw really fast, so its better to go to than a rifle from a tool. They tighten up quickly after shots, so its easier to get headshots and make every shot count. At 20m or further I'd prefer a rifle, but inside of 20m I think I take the pistol instead. And yes, pistols can be accessorized with upgrades too.

SOE was giving out these nifty lil collapsible stylus pens for touchscreen devices.

PSU meetup failed to happen (or at least I somehow missed it if it happened anyway). Oh well, maybe next year!

Alright I'm back up in 6 hours so I'm cutting the post here and logging off. I took pictures of all the cert trees (except weapon-specific ones) and I'll post them tomorrow. If I see any more questions or requests before I leave tomorrow morning, I'll do what I can to get answers.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Nice work man!
Old 2012-06-07, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Thanks for keeping us up to date dude!

Originally Posted by MacXXcaM View Post
That's why I mentioned it. I believe BF3-like 3D spotting was shown off earlier and many people including myself aren't that happy about it.
Could you or someone elaborate on what 3D spotting is? I've been wondering all day, sorry.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by RedKnights View Post
Could you or someone elaborate on what 3D spotting is? I've been wondering all day, sorry.
In case of BF3 you just direct your mouse cursor towards the direction where you expect enemies to be and press Q.

Then a small glowing sign appears revealing a spotted enemy's position for a few seconds on your screen (and on everyone else's in your team).

So effectively you just need to point anywhere hitting Q all the time and have no problem seeing your foes.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
ringring
Contributor
General

If you get a chance to ask a question ask about xp gain. From what I've kills, vehicle destruction and perhaps captures and defendeds gain the same xp consistently.

Is this intended for the final version or is it WIP and for example xp for a kill will be related to your victim's kills/time since last respawn similar to ps1.
Old 2012-06-07, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

Great update! Thought that was you on the live stream

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-08, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Added the last 3 pictures from Day 3 of E3. My full report on all 3 days is now at the top of page 1, edited into the OP.

For the lucky person who comes across this post, and isn't as veteran from PS1, a beta key is:

RKFM-3J3A-FP6A-PR2R-KP33

This one was easy. The rest won't be so easy. I have a couple more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Day3_4.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	817.8 KB
ID:	580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day3_5.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	881.4 KB
ID:	581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Day3_6.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	703.6 KB
ID:	582  
Old 2012-06-08, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Patek
Private

grats to whoever gets that key! seems you had a lotta fun

awesome cow lol
Old 2012-06-08, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
hypehype
Private

thanks for the info on spotting, i read somewhere that it will be related to squads, and maybe a skill you have to obtain. Have to wait and see what it is like in beta
Old 2012-06-08, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Awesome job. Even with all of the wealth of information coming in, it's always good to get even more specifics. Looks like you had a blast.
Old 2012-06-08, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Certs have been posted! http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=42395
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion