Vehicle training in the sanctuary - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats a lag?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-25, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Vehicle training in the sanctuary

Well, if everything goes well tonight, I'll get my first taste of Planetside. Spent all night downloading, with only one more download to wait for (along with about 30,000 other players).

I was wondering what the vehicle training is like in your santuary. When actively using the VR training are you alone or are other noobs flying around with you? Will I run the risk of crushing other players? Is it the same with the weapons training? I'm just curious as to what the interface looks like.

Thanks in advance for any heads up you can give me.
Old 2003-04-25, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

You share the same room as everyone... that means you got a crowded firing range to try your guns, but not as many as it seems in the vehicle training room.

Just do know!!! You cannot harm people while in VR training, you can shoot them and a message pops up saying something like if this is real, you'd be getting greif points!
Old 2003-04-25, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I like the vehicle training.... good way to play with all the vehicles without worrying about getting yourself or other killed.

I suggest if you are going to fly a plane (especally galaxy)....spend extra time in there. You are a hazard to your empire if you cant fly a plane and go out into the real world.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-25, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Thanks for the replies so far. I've heard a lot of people mention how the vehicle controls take some getting used to, so I do plan on spending some time in training before I try loading up a galaxy and heading out. I don't want to be crushing people or crashing a lot with a full complement of troops on board.
Old 2003-04-25, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
tomxhawk
Private

Its alot easier to get used to once you set your own controls, it helped me out alot. I am sure it helped others too.
Old 2003-04-25, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Freedon
Private

Originally posted by Nitsch
I like the vehicle training.... good way to play with all the vehicles without worrying about getting yourself or other killed.

I suggest if you are going to fly a plane (especally galaxy)....spend extra time in there. You are a hazard to your empire if you cant fly a plane and go out into the real world.
Define "getting yourself killed" please. You can indeed force yourself to respawn, not that I would know anything about that cause I would never fly a reaver into a tree at top speed.

But yes, please listen to Nitsch and train before you go out kill others.
Old 2003-04-25, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I ment that if you log in the game for the first time...go get your reaver cert.... grab a plane... then ram it into the nearest tree. You have to wait for the timer (5 or 10 mins...not sure) to finish before you can grab another.

But in VR you can crash it into the tree a gazillion times, you will respawn in VR and just jump in and get another.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-25, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by tomxhawk
Its alot easier to get used to once you set your own controls, it helped me out alot. I am sure it helped others too.
yep

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-04-25, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Freedon
Private

I did not ram that tree! It jumped in front of me. I was flying along minding my own business and bam there it was moving right in front of me!
Old 2003-04-25, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shadowspawn
Private

yeah

take some time in VR

learning turning radius', stopping/accelerating speeds, etc etc
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion