The 'Exploration Commendation' - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Here since the start of Auraxis.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-03, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
6thEdition
Ejaculator

The 'Exploration Commendation'

Doesn't anyone but me think it's just pointless? Spend 10ish minutes goin cont to cont endin up with just 900xp the better and a little coloury thingy on ur shoulder. They should make it that every commendation you get you get an extra certy point
Old 2004-11-03, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

you have all sorts of ideas they just aren't very well thought out, they put the cap at 24(?) certs so no one person could have every cert and you would have to work with people in a team

and this isn't a flame just to let you know, ideas are good
Old 2004-11-03, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If they were serious about limiting certs, they never would have made combinations. (ie Air Cavalry).

Old 2004-11-03, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

They are serious about limiting cert points. However some certs were not being used fully so they combined them to add diversity to the battlefield, not so they could become a one man army.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-11-03, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

No one told me you had to put on "help-Start" when getting the merit. I just spent 1 hour getting the merit wondring why there was nothing coming up teaching me about PS. No i will never know. Thanks devs, pointless merit.
Old 2004-11-03, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

They could have put in nothing at all.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-11-03, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

They could have put in nothing at all
yer, i know. But the whole idea was to learn about PS, and thats why i did it.
Old 2004-11-03, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

No one told me you had to put on "help-Start" when getting the merit. I just spent 1 hour getting the merit wondring why there was nothing coming up teaching me about PS. No i will never know. Thanks devs, pointless merit.
Actually, if you go to the training screen (the one with all the little checkboxes) you can scroll through and read it from there, just double click on whichever cont/monolith and the screen should pop up like it normally would. Some prick in an Aphelion was camping the monolith on ceryshen when I went there and I had to go through and find it that way.
Old 2004-11-03, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Gryphon
They are serious about limiting cert points. However some certs were not being used fully so they combined them to add diversity to the battlefield, not so they could become a one man army.
I have never really understood the OMA argument, you can't carry all the weapons or drive all the vehicles even if you do have all the certs, so what is bad about it?

On the other hand I like teamwork, but as it is there are too many cert points (23) available to promote that.

Rexo is only 3, so the change from Surgile probably didn't do a lot to promote teamwork.

So really, what would be the difference?

Old 2004-11-03, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Actually, if you go to the training screen (the one with all the little checkboxes) you can scroll through and read it from there, just double click on whichever cont/monolith and the screen should pop up like it normally would. Some prick in an Aphelion was camping the monolith on ceryshen when I went there and I had to go through and find it that way.
thanks alot dude
Old 2004-11-03, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EarlyDawn
Major General

Somebody mind explaining it to me? I haven't had a chance to log on today.

You just arrive at each continent to get credit, or is there a specific area (monolith?) that I'd have to visit?
Old 2004-11-03, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
I have never really understood the OMA argument, you can't carry all the weapons or drive all the vehicles even if you do have all the certs, so what is bad about it?

On the other hand I like teamwork, but as it is there are too many cert points (23) available to promote that.

Rexo is only 3, so the change from Surgile probably didn't do a lot to promote teamwork.

So really, what would be the difference?
It could work either way. The certification point business is an RPG mechanic, mainly. Certification points are the main reason for people to want to gain battlerank, after all, and because gaining battlerank takes time, it adds a healthy incentive for people to want to stick with Planetside.

So you're not wrong, you're just asking for something that PS wasn't designed to give. The RPG elements are only going to get stronger now that these merits are being added. And Samhayne has already said that he would like to add ways to advance your character to specialize, having to choose a path for your character, rather than being able to do everything. Similar to ceritifications.

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn

You just arrive at each continent to get credit, or is there a specific area (monolith?) that I'd have to visit?
The latter.
Old 2004-11-03, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

you have to visit each monolith
Old 2004-11-03, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, but first you have to get past the monolith campers. You know, the guys who sit at each one with BFRs...
Old 2004-11-03, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

not sure if this deserves a merit. I went to all the continents in my first week of planetside.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion