Gameplay: Vanu Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX) Ideas. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wonder if Hamma still bothers to check these...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-01-30, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Vanu Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX) Ideas.

Having a "charge" ability universal to all MAXs means any sort of forward-momentum ability would be a bit redundant. Even if it's blink, it really wouldn't change the gameplay at all. It sounds like MAXs will have very close-range weapons which require them to be right up to their targets in addition to some form of ranged abilities (otherwise lockdown would be pointless). So something that compliments ranged gameplay is something that would make sense for the Vanu MAX ability. Something they'd find useful when they're engaging at a distance and don't have any desire for an ability like charge to move around quickly.
Old 2012-02-06, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Having a "charge" ability universal to all MAXs means any sort of forward-momentum ability would be a bit redundant. Even if it's blink, it really wouldn't change the gameplay at all. It sounds like MAXs will have very close-range weapons which require them to be right up to their targets in addition to some form of ranged abilities (otherwise lockdown would be pointless). So something that compliments ranged gameplay is something that would make sense for the Vanu MAX ability. Something they'd find useful when they're engaging at a distance and don't have any desire for an ability like charge to move around quickly.
Charge as in ram through the lines or as in capacitor charge?

I assumed it would be the latter when I first read it.
Old 2012-02-07, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

They haven't said specifically that I'm aware of, but if it were some vague charge-up-your-junk ability I imagine it wouldn't be referred to as simply "charge".
Old 2012-02-12, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

The charge will be them trying to remain slightly true to the original MAX. So it can push through enemy lines, without giving them forever sprint which was kindof an accident that it got used as an offensive measure in MAX crashes.

One thing i dont get though is, they have confirmed that the TR can Lock down... Huge defensive ability. And that the NC are going to have a sheild, Huge offensive ability, and defensive i guess. But generally better for a damage absorbing push.

What are the VS going to get, gay fireworks in your face? Personally even though it kindof loathes me to say it, because i love the empire uniqueness. I think the best option is to give all Empires the ability to lock down and use Shields. So we all get that strategic choice to be a sitting duck for more damage, or an offensive battering ram.

Unless they can think of a suitable skill that makes me not envious of the other empires. Maybe something like, Phase shift, or Jedi mind Trick. Or the afformentioned GIANT LASER SWORD!!
Old 2012-02-13, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Honestly, if that VS Max doesn't get some kind of beam melee weapon it will probably be the biggest disappointment I have about the game right next to getting rid of the 'make your own class' method of PS1.
Old 2012-02-13, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Raka Maru
Major

Isn't being the coolest looking badass alien max enough for you VS? Sheesh!
Old 2012-02-14, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Didn't they say the TR MAX won't have an exposed face in its in-game representation? I think if they put a cool helmet/face covering on it it could really steal the show as looking the best. Definitely, though, if they keep it in its shitty, wannabe-Robocop state where the guys entire face is totally exposed for whatever reason it will be the worst looking... but... I'm hopeful. TR have pretty goddamn cool looking helmets for their other infantry, something similar for their MAX would look great.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Traak
Colonel

I want the jumpjets on Vanu AAmaxes again. The only people who hate them are pilots. No guff. They have whine/shrieked until it is mainly Planeside. Keep the jump jets on the Vanu MAX's.
Old 2012-02-14, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
I want the jumpjets on Vanu AAmaxes again. The only people who hate them are pilots. No guff. They have whine/shrieked until it is mainly Planeside. Keep the jump jets on the Vanu MAX's.
Yea I would love to see them do that again, in PS1 it was unique, but in PS2 there's going to be a jumpjet class, so I don't know...

I could definitely see some kind of "Flash" or "blink" ability. I mean for god's sake that thing on it's arm looks like a mass effect gate

I think a lot of the Vanu equipment is where Planetside2 can really set itself apart as a truly unique game, not just a collection of conventional weapons, i'm really excited about seeing them during Vanu weapon week.

Last edited by RedKnights; 2012-02-14 at 04:23 AM.
Old 2012-02-14, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Raka Maru
Major

Yeah, jump jet maxes were really cool in PS1, but having only light with the other empires would be hard in many places they are building now.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault