Looting system - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I have gone blind for the molesterbation.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.14 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-05-23, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Looting system

It has come to my attention that in a state of persistent warfare finite ammunition will make combat next to impossible when all you have left is a knife, so i suggest we be able to loot the corpses of our enemies for weapons, and with certification points even ammunition or other tools. Imagine being down to nothing but a knife when a miracle happens you see an exposed TR sniper on the roof by sneaking up behind him you are able to kill him and take his ammunition, and pistol, and depending on your class his rifle allowing you to safely return to base to reload and live to fight another day. This could be a pivotal feature in battle.
So tell me what do you think of this suggestion.

Edit- there is a thread on a separate ammo looting concept that may go along with this.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...346#post711346
I need you guys to help me keep this thread up long enough for the devs to see.

Last edited by berzerkerking; 2012-06-15 at 03:06 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Looting system

I prefer people have to actually think about how they use their supplies instead of spamming them mindlessly.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I prefer people have to actually think about how they use their supplies instead of spamming them mindlessly.
But i like the feeling of. "Oh damn. i have 10 shots left. Oh goody there is an enemy with an assault rifle. *Kill*. *Steal weapon* Yey i now have 30 shots to use."
Old 2012-05-23, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

I count my supplies down to the last bullet, but this is not bf3 where the match will end in 5 minutes anyway. this will stretch on forever. One day when you last long enough out of sheer luck to have lost all your supplies in enemy territory you will understand. While an engineer may not be the nest with a sniper rifle you will have to adapt to survive. In this manner BfBC2 forced me to learn knife skills
Old 2012-05-23, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Assuming it doesn't take 11 to kill him...

GORRAM PS1!!!
Old 2012-05-23, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

amen brother
Old 2012-05-23, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by berzerkerking View Post
I count my supplies down to the last bullet, but this is not bf3 where the match will end in 5 minutes anyway. this will stretch on forever. One day when you last long enough out of sheer luck to have lost all your supplies in enemy territory you will understand. While an engineer may not be the nest with a sniper rifle you will have to adapt to survive. In this manner BfBC2 forced me to learn knife skills
No, I get it man, I spend hours mulling over my loadouts to optimize them for utility and battlefield endurance. But PS2 will limit the loadout, which is both a good and bad. Good because it normalizes certain roles instead of everyone being a carbon of whatever the FOTM is. Bad because it does limit some creative loadouts.

But looting on the battlefield... 99.998% of the time, that was entirely to get the other empire's weapons. The other 0.002% of the time, it was legit.

Not really worth the lag created by the added information packets tbh.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

No need for looting, you'll be able to resupply at deployed Galaxies and similar resupply points. Also I believe soldiers will be able to carry ammo boxes for resupplying if they give something else up in return. Looting would take away that strategic element from the game. Besides that I don't see ammo types between various factions being interchargable especially when it comes to Vanu energy weapons that use some sort of batteries most likely.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Sobeksus-I understand your lag issues, but planetside 2 is optimized to lower end computer as for as windows xp, and even if it does lag slightly turn down the graphics or stop with mmofps lag is common. I play with an acer laptop

Last edited by berzerkerking; 2012-05-23 at 06:35 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Immigrant when if ever even in a team based game has your team actually gotten you ammo when you needed it? (yes I'm pointing at you Battlefield 3) And do you really expect to get to your base in time?

Last edited by berzerkerking; 2012-05-23 at 06:36 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Immigrant when ever even in a team based game has your team actually gotten you ammo when you needed it (yes I'm pointing at you Battlefield 3) , and do you really expect to get to base in time
Always if you cooperate with them back, that's the point of team-based games. Trying to play this game alone you should get killed in seconds so you won't have to worry about ammo. At least that was said to be the case with PS1.

Gals and Sunderers can be deployed in field so no need to get all the way to your base for supplies.

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-05-23 at 06:43 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

sure they should play as a team but they rarely do. Think of this as a fallback option if your guildies are being selfish dicks to ear a weapon or acheivement.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Think of this as a fallback option if your guildies are being selfish dicks to ear a weapon or acheivement.
Then you will all lose if the other side is better organized. Don't worry there will be enough cooperating people, soloers should be cannon fodder (no need to empower the zerg outfits by making solo players completely self sufficient and coordination of actions irrelevant). If you charge alone and with no organized supply of ammo and healing, expect to be killed fairly quickly. No to health drops, no to ammo drops, no to recharges of health and ammo too. Cooperate or prepare to die very soon.

Edit: Well perhaps INF class should have looting for ammo certifiable since they will work behind enemy lines (even though they will have cloaks so should be able to escape to safety easily to get resupped). but regular grunts no way, there would be no need for deploying and defending supply points mentioned before if you could just kill someone and pickup his ammo.

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-05-23 at 07:16 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

If it bothers you that it might be a direct skill then let it be a cert skill available in the tree after a certain amount of play and leveling. (ex hacking in Cod)
Old 2012-05-24, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hypevosa
Sergeant

I like the idea of having to spend a cert to get training in the operation of a SPECIFIC enemy weapon so you can pick it up and use it. So light infantry could spend certs to be able to use specific weapons another faction may carry. It would cost a tremendous amount of certs to be able to use any weapon the enemy may carry, and you obviously need to be the right class, but it gives more options to people.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault