Who's The Best? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Daily spawning reports.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-08-20, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
korpisoturi
Private

Re: Who's The Best?

hmmm. cheater,defender of well known cheaters, and has been from past, nice start.
Old 2012-08-20, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by korpisoturi View Post
hmmm. cheater,defender of well known cheaters, and has been from past, nice start.
I've never cheated, though I appreciate the compliments.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-08-21, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
legendary
Private

I think cheaters/ hackers are not nearly as common as you would have us think. The majority of WTF moments are due to network related issues. Players that seem to have an abundance of WTF moments are more than likely good players that are blessed by geography.
Old 2012-08-23, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Dudster
Private

-Dem0man
-LepriconJH

That's pretty much where the list ends. Although Korp is a terrible noob he's right you all are listing off players that played when the server had tons more people to shoot. The real good players played in 08-10 when the server was dead and players still managed to net a good amount of kills.
Old 2012-08-23, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Gunuko
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dudster View Post
-Dem0man
-LepriconJH

That's pretty much where the list ends. Although Korp is a terrible noob he's right you all are listing off players that played when the server had tons more people to shoot. The real good players played in 08-10 when the server was dead and players still managed to net a good amount of kills.
You forget to mention that people have had 10,000 fps computers since 07. Anyone can get a high kill day playing with 500 fps in a zerg battle. The game takes very little skill, let alone with 8 million fps. I remember getting red fps in sanctuary back in 03 and still making the leaderboard, I remember wetting myself getting 100 fps the first time in sanctuary. Based on what I saw when playing recently, the players back then despite having much worser fps I think were a bit better at least in 05/06. There are some now who could win 1v1 vs some of them, but there were guys getting 1k kills with so little fps and actually had to use some skill, and only had about a year or two experience. There were 70k subscribers in 03, 50k 04, 25+k in 05, the rest of the way its just gotten very low. Now theres about 1.5k I think, which also means despite there being lower numbers theres also much less competition. Mid way through 07 there were even less densely populated servers, because there was more servers. I remember when I quit in Feb 07, I came back late in the year on a trial account to see the pops, they weren't even breaking 100+ pops on continents. In 06 emeralds pops were close to what they were in 11' and at times in 2012, often there wasn't even pop locks. Anyone can play half a decade with flawless fps in this game and do well. Anyone who boasts about their skill in this game having the kind of fps you can get now is completely full of themselves. You should of seen the fps we use to get back in the day, yet most of the elite players I see now have 10x the framerates and yet I think most aren't as good as the best back then, and the best back then had 1 or 2 years experience while this current generation had half a decade if not more, of 8,000 fps no lag, in a game where you move 2 mph, and the aiming system itself is extremely easy. The only reason it's not the easiest fps game is because of ADAD warp, Halo 1 on the PC is the only fps game I can think of off the top of my head thats easier.

Back in 05 you had good fps if you had over 30 in big battles, now you can shell out $500 and build a computer that will run this game flawlessly. Back in the day if you wanted an even remotely good CPU you had to shell out over $300. If they hadn't nerfed default infantry run speed many years ago the game would take a lot more skill now, this game is even easier then call of duty because of how slowly the infantry move. Back in the day you would lag so badly, you literally had to move your character differently to even land your hits. I remember I use to lag so badly, I had to close the distance with the mcg, even against jackhammer users, because of how difficult it was to aim the mcg with 10 fps. I have a serious eye condition in my left eye right now, and the last time I played this July, I killed 5 with a reaver, bailed out and killed 9 in a row with mcg reloading only once and never healed myself, did it all in seconds. Thats 1 short of half a platoon, and all the nc in the tower were dead, if some had still been alive I could have killed more. Keep in mind I can't even drive a car right now because of it, and can't hit the broad side of a barn either. The people who played in 06-12 had it easier then any generation before them 10 fold because of absolutely insane fps. I remember playing this game with a pci x4 graphics card, all this makes me laugh, considering people playing those years sometimes had literally 90 times the fps.

I can't drive a car right now and can't hit the broad side of a barn, but if you give me a remotely good computer, well I take that back, I was using a graphics card that came out half a decade ago. I cleared out the entire tower at that point, if there was more I could of kept killing, though I was near dead at that point.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ampagekil.png/

Last edited by Gunuko; 2012-08-24 at 07:44 AM.
Old 2012-08-25, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dudster View Post
-Dem0man
-LepriconJH

Trololololol!
Old 2012-08-25, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Dudster
Private

I forgot 12mm. But it's been a long time since i've fought him.
Old 2012-10-26, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Tsunami
Corporal

Heavygain. Father of reverse reaver piloting.
Old 2012-11-19, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
SwordLord
Private

Best all around - TheChain, 12mm (spart), Me, Gunuko (bluetiger), and TopDawg.
Best Pilot - Elcyco

edit: Visigodo, weare138, Voide, Taynin, Kingg, DarkHiren and Mohawk/Nakatah are some other players that come to mind.

Last edited by SwordLord; 2012-11-19 at 06:27 PM.
Old 2012-11-19, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
SKYeXile
Major General

i wonder how many players in the history planetside who other players see as better than average/really good are actually hackers? in those list what ppl have put here are some cheaters who have been banned YES I SAY IT CHEATERS get over it , and ppl who just exploit net code to be "leet" in adadad duel

some players like to throw some names from the past from the "golden age" of PS when grass was greener and there was old oshur and those evil BFRS wasnt there and so on and so on and..... REALITY is that in first 1-2 years all servers was full of ppl lots of poplocks= MASSIVE spam on bases where fight was, but no cheaters thou.

korpisoturi NC/mercenarys/werner/gemini. if you ever been playing either werner or in gemini i am pretty sure i have killed youor i have played with you. ( waitng for wawes of scatter/spawncamping related slurs). long time cheaters OR outfits who "harbour" these fxxxxs dont bother to answer cos ALL players who have played atleast 7-9years (me included) know who you are.

i hope we see these "godlike" adadwarpers with "all seeing eye" abilitys in PS2 with same name what they use in PS1 and we will see how they "skills" melt away............ untill new set of set of cheats is in the "market ??????.
Cool post, loved the use of tears to convey your emotions.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-11-20, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
TehCandyMan
Private

I always stayed on the ground but imo the best players I ever saw were

OrgeX and Dreamer
Old 2012-11-30, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Figment
Lieutenant General

Old 2012-12-24, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Come on guys, Malibu.
Old 2012-12-24, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Facts
Private

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
Come on guys, Malibu.

/facepalm
Old 2012-12-24, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

fun fact: I had a hand in getting the original malibu permanently banned. Not those xmalibu posers, but the original one.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-12-24 at 09:08 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion