MASSIVE Glitch - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Click here for absolutely nothing!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-14, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

MASSIVE Glitch

On konried at 11:45 EST the whole server glitched. Noone could /quit or use any terms or open any doors. It was terrible...this happen on other servers? I just ctrl+alt+del after about 20 min of waiting for it to work again...that is really fucking gay...
Old 2003-09-14, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EarlyDawn
Major General

Indeed, this isn't cool. Word is that it's the VAnu Emerald Alliance hacking the server hardware.

Ban the whole group, then sue their asses into the poor house. Reposess their whole families.
Old 2003-09-14, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

So someones hacking the servers? How sure are u?
Old 2003-09-14, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
RushHourKonried
Private

It was fun being able to run through the lava and blow up boomers right next to you without being killed.

Old 2003-09-14, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Endless
Sergeant

Can't say Emerald had any problems out of the usual. On a side note, my sig looks a tad large. Will it get raped by the sigbot?
Old 2003-09-14, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Sorry 2 say endless, yes it will be pwned by sigbot...the max is 400 x 300 and under 40k in size

BTW-yeah it was pretty funny running throught lava lol...u still got grief for shooting ppl though *sigh*
Old 2003-09-14, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Endless
Sergeant

BAH! And that comic was pretty funny too...
Old 2003-09-14, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
CraZy
Sergeant

there is a cool glitch that happend to me 5 times or more....in some places on bases i can fall down to the "basement-world" all black and there is no bottom or floor im like 100m lower the surface of Auraxis i can move there and even go up for 25m and shoot at people....the only thing that stops it is Recall to Sanc
Old 2003-09-14, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rarzo
Sergeant

I know what your talking about, Crazy. I once saw a galaxy in the spawn room (dont ask) and I decided to get in. After about 2 min. of just sitting in there I discovered that we were not going anywhere, so I bailed. Ahhhhhh........ I fell underground. I could see the the battle unfold ABOVE me! I wanted to go back to the fight but the couldn't commit suicide... So I had to recalll to the sanc and I had to wait 8 min. and the battle was done.....
Old 2003-09-14, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Yeah I've had this happen to me too. The removal of the /suicide command was one of the stupidest things they did to the game. EVER. Seriously, I don't understand why they would remove it.
Old 2003-09-14, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
sirmurphy
Private

yea no kiddin it suckz to fall through the ocean and not be able to kill ur self
Old 2003-09-14, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
JuSTCHiLLiN
Corporal

Hossin on Emerald had something funky going on last night.

The zerg was taking back the last VS base (Kisin) and I was going to log after so I decided to watch the CC. I'm standing there and all of a sudden it says the VS have resecured. Someone must have logged in on the CC behind me. I turn around and turn on dark light. No one is there. WTF?!?

A few softies run up a start the hack again but they're knifed down (beefcake and Flux005 were the VS stabbing people, I told them they were bugged, to logout and back in, but they didn't).

The base was hacked by the NC then 30 seconds later it was resecured. This happened a bunch of times until finally a shitload of maxes showed up to defend the CC.

Then NC started hacking it and no softies were even there. I logged because it was getting retarded. These people (NC and VS) were invisible, invincible, but could only use knives on people.

JuSTCHiLLiN - JCsuperstar - xxJCxx
www.sghq.com formerly of Immortalis Vita
Old 2003-09-14, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, the exact same thing happened 2 me, noone could see me so i stood in front of a squadmate and told him to fire his sniper, he did and the bullet went right through me...I got in a deliv and got out again and that fixed it. It was all fucked last night...
Old 2003-09-14, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
CrimsonTwilight
Private

I've fallen in the ocean quite a lot. It happens when I'm tryin to get on a HART that has almost left and I walk in. I can't see very well, but it is still kind of fun to fly around and try to find the bottom...Ok, so it isnt, but It sure seemed weird the first time it happend.
Old 2003-09-14, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Brigadier General

Misc Info

The Emerald sever went down as well but first the VS became invisble and invincable. I couldn't even use broadcast or local to talk I could only use tells and I couldn't use recall and quit or my map.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion