Squad Spawn Beacons! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dang! I've crashed the galaxy again.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Squad Spawn Beacons!

The combination of a beacon and an exclusion zone sounds really great and removes all my previous worries.

If it is a beacon/deployed device then I don't think a drop pod thing is particularly necessary.
Old 2012-07-16, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

I really like the sound of this. Was extremely worried that big-ass Galaxies and drop-podding would be the only means of respawning for attackers.

Deep territories are intended to be more difficult to take, and to be taken by galaxy and sunderer drops of troops. You don't get to respawn but you do still have medics, so coordinated teams might be able to catch a territory by surprise and hold it long enough for capture. Once it's captured there's influence, and then you can anchor it with more spawn points.
I actually think it'll be more like the other way around. Spawn Beacons will be needed to successfully take behind-the-lines territory, because Galaxies are just such huge, obvious targets.

All speculation at this point ofc.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
I've been playing a friends BF3 recently and I'm so glad they are doing the drop pod system for squad spawning. I get so pissed off right when I'm about to kill a guy, 1-2 people just pop right out of his ass and kill me. I'm not too thrilled about the squad spawning but atleast you can have some notification or some delay with the drop pod system before they just *poof* out of nowhere.
In BF3, it's not impossible to kill the 1-2 people that spawn on him, especially since there's no guarantee they will be oriented towards you. Of course, if you're a LA chasing a LA and a MAX spawns I suppose that's bad for you. Where was your own squad, anyway?

However...as for the idea that drop pods will give a warning...they might give a delay, but a warning? Do we know that? Will there be an audible incoming drop pod sound? If not, and you are chasing a squad leader, chances are you won't look up unless there's a sound.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

What we need is a voice macro for "Incoming Drop Pods!"

Ok on a more serious note, I would agree that some audible indication that a drop pod is coming down is important.

Could give Infiltrators gadgets that help them hunt beacons, or give that to Light Assault as a role enhancement.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Ok on a more serious note, I would agree that some audible indication that a drop pod is coming down is important.
I'd also love to see a bright flash in the sky right before a drop pod started descending, showing you the point in the sky from where it was dropping from in advance of you actually being able to visually spot the pod itself coming down.

One thing that drop pods should not be is subtle.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Karrade
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
The combination of a beacon and an exclusion zone sounds really great and removes all my previous worries.

If it is a beacon/deployed device then I don't think a drop pod thing is particularly necessary.
Yeah especially the growing SOI that is being considered, so bases that are just taken won't have it allowing the fight to be intense, but those that have been established for a while have one.

This all sounds perfect, devs listening to players, pretty amazing stuff.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion