Would you Pay for the Ipad/Android App? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just one of 2,000,000 hits on a Google Search.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you Pay for the App?
Yes, less than 5$ 87 32.95%
Yes, 5$-10$ 58 21.97%
Yes, 10$-25$ 17 6.44%
Nope, It should be free 102 38.64%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Timey
Staff Sergeant

Re: Would you Pay for the Ipad/Android App?

I don't have a smart phone, but If I had one I'd definitely ship a few dollars SOE's way to use it :]
Old 2012-07-15, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Kreslyn
Private

I would pay if it really delivers on good features and free app updates.

Also can use something like bluestacks to run this app on a second monitor for enhanced game immersion =)
Old 2012-07-15, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
disky
Sergeant

I would pay ~$2.99 for it just because I'm that interested, but until I actually see it, I'll reserve my opinion about whether it should be for-pay.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Emperor
Corporal

Once I heard you can chat with people in-game through the app, I was already sold. $10 for it? $15? $20? Yeah, okay, take my money. If I can't get on and I absolutely need to coordinate something with my outfit, that's going to be a major boon.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

They could make it free, but you would pay $0.99 to unlock certain features such as voice chat, in-game chat, etc.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Superbus
Private

Voted yes but, I would most likely have to know someone who uses it to recommend its usefulness.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Ravenclaw
Private

Considering game is F2P, and the app is non-essential, and having it won't make a player have any significant advantage, then I think the app should be paid for content, SOE have got get there money from somewhere to continue supporting and developing PS2.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

If someone or a set of people put in time and expertise to craft a well-made app that I will use for hours and hours, the least I can do is buy 'em a beer. So yeah $5, isn't all that much to ask. Though it's probably more likely in the $2 range, which you could easily lose in the laundry.

Don't see why people have such aversions to trivial amounts of money for products that take many hours of time and hard work. The entitlement culture that has developed is beyond pathetic.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Boomhowser
Corporal

Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
Considering that IIRC during E3 the devs said it will be free, they should stick to their promise. It wouldn't work very well with allowing fans to create similiar apps anyway.
sure they said it would be free heh.. now if people would just stop telling them they would pay for it you might even get it for free...

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Once I heard you can chat with people in-game through the app, I was already sold. $10 for it? $15? $20? Yeah, okay, take my money. If I can't get on and I absolutely need to coordinate something with my outfit, that's going to be a major boon.
If it does some of the things they have said like updates current state of maps then you have an advantage over other players who might not have access to it during game. Then by paying for the app you are infact subscribing to the pay to win methods
Old 2012-07-16, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Ravenclaw
Private

They need some really significant things to tempt people to part with there hard earned cash, and the app is a perfect tool for it...

Without money they won't be able to maintain there servers or improve the game
Old 2012-07-16, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Emperor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Don't see why people have such aversions to trivial amounts of money for products that take many hours of time and hard work. The entitlement culture that has developed is beyond pathetic.
What's trivial to some might not be trivial to others. I don't think it's right to label that "entitlement"; on the surface you might look at it like, "You can't spend $5 for an app? That's less than a movie, or a cheeseburger in most places!" but, y'know, $5 adds up. Some people might not have money to devote to something like an app for a video game.

Really starting to hate seeing people use that word, "entitlement," to deride others, especially in the gaming community...
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

You're talking to a group of PC gamers who are running rigs that are at least $1000, some double or triple that.

There's really no other word to describe it other than people feeling entitled to enjoy other people's hard work for free. If you don't like it - dont' buy it. If you feel it isn't priced well enough, don't buy it. Everyone has choice. Of course people like free stuff, but free stuff is a bonus, not an expectation.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

So make it free with donations accepted, every ones happy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion